CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Honestly melees have been great for the most part, did experience some lag in that game though

I think melees will be kinda off. I remember Bungie said they added lunge to melees because the Melee system from CE wouldn't work the exact way we remember it. These clips might be an example of that.

Advanced Warfare had a three year dev cycle. It was conceptualized before Titanfall was known to the public.

But, even so, it is odd that so many shooters are converging lately with all this advanced mobility shtick.

I bet a big chunk of that three year dev cycle was spent making the new engine they used.  The exo skeleton mechanics could have been easily added on top of the usual movement mechanics late in development phase.

what a gigantic baby

I know it sucks that there's no dedicated CE playlist but uh I mean actively trying to ruin everyone else's experience isn't really cool

Actually if you are on the only playlist that can offer hce then you are ruining the game for him when you vote anything but hce.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Then choose the H2 playlist and on the next game choose the H3 playlist. Repeat. The game kicks you to the MM Selection screen after each game anyway, so it is literally not even extra work.

And people who don't like HeH are just BKs who can't pistol and are used to games where you can run around in the open as long as the other team is more than 20 feet away.

I think it's funny that you are backing the quitters who ruin the matches over the people who want to actually play. I usually vote for CE as long as the option isn't Hang em High, Damnation or Prisoner anyway because those are all terrible maps. Sometimes the quitters have to accept that CE has its fair share of shit maps just like all the other halos and people in the match don't necessarily want to play on said shit maps.

• Downvote (-1) 19

Is anyone able to get games in Big Team yet? I hop on after every update to see if I can fuck around in Big Team but I'm never able to find matches. 

I think it's funny that you are backing the quitters who ruin the matches over the people who want to actually play. I usually vote for CE as long as the option isn't Hang em High, Damnation or Prisoner anyway because those are all terrible maps. Sometimes the quitters have to accept that CE has its fair share of shit maps just like all the other halos and people in the match don't necessarily want to play on said shit maps.

It's a matter of opinion, I certainly quit when I see dumb Halo 3 or Halo 2 gametypes picked over Halo CE. Like someone else said, I don't quit if I see some 2/3 BR gametypes on actual competitive maps. While CE's spawn system is better for 2's than 4's, I hardly see how the maps you list are shitty. I think they're actually pretty diverse in gameplay.

I don't search other playlists because I'm at risk for getting shitty games I don't want to play. That's why I search TS for Halo CE. You shouldn't be searching playlists that put you at risk for games/maps you don't like either.

• Upvote (+1) 4

You just list 3 of the best Halo maps ever. You must be trolling.
  • Upvote (+1) 4

You just listed 3 of the best CE maps lol. Especially Damnation and Hang'em are the best 4v4 maps in the game. I find Prisoner to play better in 4s than I expected it to pre-release. Maybe you should run some Chiron and Boarding Action customs to see some bad CE maps.

Getting really fucking sick of CE purists quitting out of any non-CE game the moment it starts.

Once the CE playlist comes out I'd agree with you, but I'm far from a CE elitest and I only play TS for CE right now, it's bad enough it's in the third slot.

The amount of times I've lost out to Ghost Town ARs or Warlock SMGs over Priz when both maps have three votes each is disgusting.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Finally having legitimate fun with MCC. Playing both competitive and fun customs every night. Last night with 7 people we glitched out of Gemini and walked all the way to the end of the barrier. Reliving my childhood. Next map I think I'll try is Terminal. A lot of the old glitches don't work on the H2 classic we have in MCC because of the Vista port. I couldn't do the binocular glitch to get through the barrier on Burial Mounds

• Upvote (+1) 1

I would rather not play on 2 seconds delay and get the trash talk.

When people eat 6 shots when they are no shield.

And then the cheaters and 500 population in the game.

Haven't played any cheaters yet. Only downside is I can only get games late at night for me which means 95% American host (I'm from UK), but I still genuinely have more fun playing Halo 3 on the 360 then Halo 3 on MCC right now because of no MLG settings on MCC, wierd aiming still and no ranks. If they fixed the aiming, put Hardcore back in and made it ranked, I'd never touch 360 H3 again.

Boarding Action customs to see some bad CE maps.

Psh, Boarding Action Rockets >

• Upvote (+1) 1

My experience w/ MCC has improved dramatically.  Still some nagging issues and we need playlists (change Team Slayer to CE, add snipers) but I'm much more hopeful now than I was.  I would like to see a ranked playlist w/ no voting that auto dumps you into the best maps from CE, H2C, and H3 - find the best triathletes. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I feel like there should be some sort of sound when voting starts, because I keep missing the vote screen when I'm not paying attention and having to deal with bad game(type)s.

My experience with MCC has improved greatly too.  parties of four still don't work but parties of 3 do, and Halo 1 got a workable netcode in the last patch.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Played some Halo CE last night, and my god it feels soooo fucking amazing! I love the hit registration! 

Getting really fucking sick of CE purists quitting out of any non-CE game the moment it starts.

CE players are the only one's who can't play the game of their choice at any given time. Just that fact alone should be argument enough. I legitimately don't enjoy playing Halo 2, 3 or 4, and I'm not going to waste my time playing those games. I'm quitting out of those games if I'm forced to play them. Given the current state of the playlists, if you want to play Halo 2 or 3 go to those playlists. "Variety" is a bad argument for going into the TS playlist. The playlist selection is bad so everyone should recognize that in order for us all to have fun, players should stick to the playlist that features the game they want to play. TS is the only small-team playlist that features CE, and so for right now everyone should assume that's the CE playlist.

I would rather play Halo CE on the shittiest of shit maps than play Halo 2 or 3.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't really understand. I bought this game specifically to play classic Halo 2 so when I want to do that I just search...Halo 2 classic. If i want to play Halo 3 I just search the Halo 3 playlist?

For the people raging about people quitting out of the Team Slayer playlist because its not Halo 1 it really doesn't make sense. WE HAVE our own dedicated playlist so whatever you're in the mood for we can just go in and search for that specific game. CE players do not have this yet.

What seems to be the problem then? What is with this community and not wanting everyone to have their version of fun Halo. Let the CE people have team slayer for the time being until they get their dedicated playlist or at least that's my opinion. Once they do I'm sure they would have no problem whatsoever if people voted for H2/H3 over CE in the Team Slayer playlist.

It's hard enough to find games as is, lets try to make the experience smooth for everyone while we continue to deal with its problems.

• Upvote (+1) 2

CE PLAYLIST BOYS

All of our arguing just became moot. Enjoy your TS playlist Halo 2 and Halo 3 fanboys, she's all yours.

loltiger.gif

• Upvote (+1) 4