CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

It could be a game issue, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was a dashboard issue either. The Xbone dashboard has always been a flaming piece of cock from the first day I turned my XB1 on. I was expecting to delight in a ridiculously snappy dashboard compared to my ancient 360 but instead it's just as laggy, if not more laggy. Every time I try and snap achievements or any other app while I'm playing a game it takes forever to load and runs like shit.

I'm no programming expert, but I want to believe it should be possible to make a simplistic UI interface like the XB1 dashboard/snapp apps to run fucking well on the hardware the XB1 has. It adds insult to injury with the MCC that the XB1 feels just as unfinished and broken as the MCC itself.

Man, I could not agree more. I have had XB1 since MCC released and this "snap" feature is not very snappy. Snap friends list, "friends list cannot load at this time" uhhh what?

Snap party,  loads for 30 seconds, throws me into party chat I was in three days ago.

snap messages, be ready two wait for 2 minutes.

snap achievements, grab something to read because your going to wait a while.

Also, the twitch function on xbox one streaming is dog shit. Anything you do pauses the effing stream. The chat gets bugged almost instantly and stopping the stream and restarting takes 3 minutes and you have to spam start broadcast for a minute straight to start it up again. In summary, its not worth it.

The only thing I like about the xbox one is the upload/game dvr, clips system. It is easy to use and much easier to view friends clips, edit your own, and look them up online through xboxclips.com

Has anyone else run into a glitch on Halo 1 where you sort of get pushed through the wall or floor and then clip outside the level and either fall down 2 floors or just die?

It's happened a few times to me in Chill Out. In the narrow hallway I'll get pushed out the peek a boo window above no man's land and fall out of it. 

Why do I feel like I'm the only one who does the melee after reloading the pistol in CE? Every clip/vid I watch of people (Along with teammates in game) aren't ever doing it. Doesn't it shorten reload time? 

Why do I feel like I'm the only one who does the melee after reloading the pistol in CE? Every clip/vid I watch of people (Along with teammates in game) aren't ever doing it. Doesn't it shorten reload time? 

Yeah it does, but they might just forget or backpack reload.

Posted Yesterday, 10:33 PM

ahawowow, on 16 Dec 2014 - 10:11 PM, said:snapback.png

Getting really fucking sick of CE purists quitting out of any non-CE game the moment it starts.

Don't play Team Slayer

I set my clan for Halo 1 or I quit.  As any adult here can agree with, time is precious and I'm not going to waste the little bit I can set aside in the evenings playing a game type or map I don't want to, especially after forking out the amount of cash for a console and this game. Right now I want to play Halo CE so that leaves me only Team Slayer and Big Team Battle. 

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I do it because in h2 i know it quickened reload but I also YY in every Halo by habit. In fact it gets me killed quite a bit.

Am I the only one who has trouble reloading in H2A? You have to let the very slow animation go all the way through or it doesn't reload.

I've also had the issue where I let it reload but next bullet I fire it acts as if I only had one bullet reloaded and the clip goes empty and I reload and get killed. Very frustrating.

Posted Yesterday, 10:33 PM

ahawowow, on 16 Dec 2014 - 10:11 PM, said:snapback.png

Don't play Team Slayer

I set my clan for Halo 1 or I quit.  As any adult here can agree with, time is precious and I'm not going to waste the little bit I can set aside in the evenings playing a game type or map I don't want to, especially after forking out the amount of cash for a console and this game. Right now I want to play Halo CE so that leaves me only Team Slayer and Big Team Battle. 

what a gigantic baby

I know it sucks that there's no dedicated CE playlist but uh I mean actively trying to ruin everyone else's experience isn't really cool

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 6

I am sitting at work thinking about MCC and HCS today.

Lets sit back for a second and think if 343 designed H2A with HCS in mind why in gods green earth were there only 6 maps re-made for a game that was definitely chosen to be the competitive game for at least a year for HCS?

The issue I have with this is that they knew H2A was going to be the competitive game.

Did 343 think that one bomb/flag with rounds on Stone Town would be a viable competitive gametype?

Did they think multi flag on Bloodline would be a viable competitive gametype?

So, with a years worth of competition ahead of them 343 decided that Warlord, Lockdown, and Shrine would have enough game types to sustain a competitive league for a year...

H2/HCS A needed the below maps/gametypes for diversity and to reduce redundancy:

Now, I understand their reasoning for not remaking midship, it is the map they continue to show and advertise for H5. I just can't think of a world where H2 doesn't include midship. Midship FFA was a fundamental part of competitive halo in regard to team seeding and you could play Midship Slayer, Assault, Flag, and Oddball.

Beaver Creek would have made a great remake with slayer and multi-flag.

I would have like an Ivory Tower remake. It was always a fun made to play, heck I even enjoyed 1 flag/1 bomb with rounds.

I know there are forge maps in the works but if they play anything like Halo 4's forge maps then they will be horrible to play online and be good on LAN. If forge maps lag awful online and you mix that with H2A's already shitty netcode then you have an unplayable map.

tl;dr 343 knew from the start that H2A would be the competitive game and made poor choices in regards to which maps to re-make.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Imo they should fix h3 first then work on the maps. Just plugged my 360 back in and played some MLG, even on American host it's so much more fun then h3 on MCC.

I would rather not play on 2 seconds delay and get the trash talk.

When people eat 6 shots when they are no shield.

And then the cheaters and 500 population in the game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

what a gigantic baby

I know it sucks that there's no dedicated CE playlist but uh I mean actively trying to ruin everyone else's experience isn't really cool

He's not doing it with any sort of malicious intent. I agree completely with his statement about time being precious, and we did pay a good amount of money to play CE in matchmaking. This is on 343, not us.

I see people backpack reload a lot on the streams I've seen. What I don't see ever is people quick camo

He's not doing it with any sort of malicious intent. I agree completely with his statement about time being precious, and we did pay a good amount of money to play CE in matchmaking. This is on 343, not us.

Agree as well.  As an adult with kids, time set aside for Halo limited.  When I play I want to play the game I bought the system for.  Until a dedicated playlist for H1 is put into place, this will be the common team slayer experience.  If people don't like CE, play a dedicated playlist of a different game where CE isn't offered.

Definitely not with malicious intent. Once in a game, I'm selfless and the team victory is the goal. I'll communicate as best as possible, let a better player grab the sniper or rockets, hug the corner so multiple players can benefit from a camo spawn, be the decoy so ammo is wasted on me and not the person grabbing a flag or planting the bomb, etc. 

12 years ago, I based a move and lease agreement on whether or not I could get a static IP from an ISP with it's measly 384k upload so I would be able to play Halo CE successfully over XBConnect. Naturally I was quite animated with anticipation when MCC was announced with multiplayer for CE. 

All this being said, map rotation in the playlist is quite limited and I have been playing a bit too often on Rat Race. If H2C BR starts on Ivory Tower or Gemini or one of the Vista maps I have never played came up I would vote for those over Rat Race or Battle Creek. If Lockout/Lockdown/Lockinsert latest remake of it/  comes up it's not going to get my vote. The first 400,000 games on that map were fun, not so much now. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

So I've been unable to find a game in team slayer for the last 20 minutes. HOW CAN THIS EVEN BE? We've  had what a half dozen patches or more?

In the beginning I thought guys saying 343 released MCC shitty on purpose so people would hate classic halo were insane.

At this point I honestly think that would be giving them too much credit, since nothing about this game seems to have any kind of purpose.

Sure they fixed CE netcode, which is also the only reason I was searching team slayer, but not without introducing some kind of glitch that makes some games lag so hard you think the host is LITERALLY on the moon.

So not only does the only playlist I really want to play right now not work correctly, I cant even play it AT ALL.

Sorry for the random rant but maybe someone reading this wondering if they should see if the game is fixed can save themselves the dissapointment.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is anyone still having issues in H2A and H2C where they keep constantly getting blackscreened in the middle of the match?  It keeps happening to me and I always end up dead because of it.

What if you want to play a mix of all of them?

Then choose the H2 playlist and on the next game choose the H3 playlist. Repeat. The game kicks you to the MM Selection screen after each game anyway, so it is literally not even extra work.

And people who don't like HeH are just BKs who can't pistol and are used to games where you can run around in the open as long as the other team is more than 20 feet away.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I see people backpack reload a lot on the streams I've seen. What I don't see ever is people quick camo

Depends on the situation. Say if I spawn in Camo on Chill Out at the start of the game, I might not want to Quick Camo as that involves me making noise, therefore the enemy will usually realise I have Camo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

what a gigantic baby

He has to suffer because 343 won't put a dedicated Halo CE playlist?

Is anyone else experiencing extra lag today or is it just me?  I'm lagging like hell in pretty much every game now.

Depends on the situation. Say if I spawn in Camo on Chill Out at the start of the game, I might not want to Quick Camo as that involves me making noise, therefore the enemy will usually realise I have Camo.

Yup, if Camo was better I would be less cautious about doing the quick camo. I got a nice clip on camo guy because I heard him fire his AR underneath me.

xboxdvr.com/Teapot+Yo/13e2810b-721b-4954-998b-f0c84f1f4db1

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's been so long I forget but wasn't OG H2 (post patch) and H3 BR starts almost every time? I thought they were and that MCC was supposed to all post patches

MLtnfUQ.jpg

Bro I swear that one picture shuts down every BR start vs AR/SMG start argument I've seen on Waypoint, /r/halo, and Neogaf (tho the majority of Neogaf does favor BR start games so the argument doesn't come up as much there)

Most casuals say that Bungie intended Halo 2/3 to start with AR/SMG and not what they call "power weapons" like the BR and they get quiet once that picture gets posted without fail or they start backtracking lol

• Upvote (+1) 5

It's completely different.. that's for sure. I added my clip specifically for the quick camo comment you made. Dude fired 1 bullet out of his AR so I knew he was under me. Also, mine was pre-patch off host :P

That's still a nice clip though. I'd be pissed if I got backsmacked like that

It's completely different.. that's for sure. I added my clip specifically for the quick camo comment you made. Dude fired 1 bullet out of his AR so I knew he was under me. Also, mine was pre-patch off host :P

That's still a nice clip though. I'd be pissed if I got backsmacked like that

Yeah I know, your clip was nice so thought I would show you mine.

He was SO PISSED lmao free rockets for me