CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I've been running into people that quit when H1 wins the vote. It goes both ways bud. However, i do quit out immediately if Stonetown SMG starts gets voted over literally anything.

If there wasn't any voting, if the lobby was handed a map/game combination, would you play each time knowing that when an HCE game/map came along it wouldn't be out voted?

It's crazy how much better you can be in a game like CE. A 2 vs. 4 with competent players turns into 50 to 15 game. It's so satisfying.

Getting really fucking sick of CE purists quitting out of any non-CE game the moment it starts.

Why are you in TS. If you want H2/H3: There are dedicated playlists for each.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I don't mind CE at all. I'm just sick of people with "I only vote CE!!" in their clan tags leaving the moment a H2/3 game starts.

I don't mind CE at all. I'm just sick of people with "I only vote CE!!" in their clan tags leaving the moment a H2/3 game starts.

That's to be expected if people want to play a specific thing and are not given the option.

IMO it's a don't hate the player hate the game sort of situation and 343 is to blame for the playlist selection.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Since the patch I will admit the game has gotten a lot better. I find games consistently for the most part in any playlist usually with even teams. 

However searching with a party is a totally different story. With one other friend its fine but with 3-4 as a group it just becomes problematic. I'm glad I was able to get some games in but once I had some friends sign on it became more annoying than fun.

Overall not really ready to continue playing until the next content update. I've always found it hard to play multiplayer games by myself so I'll wait til party searching gets a little better.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I just don't know what people expected when they voted for assault rifle/smg starts for anything. Of course half the lobby quits. I just look at non utility start games (or default H3 in general) the same way I look at crashes/party issues/MM not working. I quit the build. Clearly something went wrong 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Since the patch I will admit the game has gotten a lot better. I find games consistently for the most part in any playlist usually with even teams. 

However searching with a party is a totally different story. With one other friend its fine but with 3-4 as a group it just becomes problematic. I'm glad I was able to get some games in but once I had some friends sign on it became more annoying than fun.

Overall not really ready to continue playing until the next content update. I've always found it hard to play multiplayer games by myself so I'll wait til party searching gets a little better.

Would you care to elaborate on that? I was queing with a party of 3 last night for a solid 3 hours or so and it worked pretty damn well. We were even able to find a solution for the bug that doesn't let your friends join you. I was able to kick the person that wasn't able to join via the roster menu and then I simply re-invited him and it worked. We also encountered two additional bugs: Once the one where it kicks your friends when it finds a game, and one time a bug I hadn't encountered before: Everyone is stuck in the voting lobby at the end of voting and the game doesn't start. I think that might happen when the host quits shortly before the game starts.

Besides that, we had a pretty smooth experience.

I also quit every h2a/h2c/h3 game in TS, besides H2C BRs. I have played enough SMG/AR start during the h2/h3 days and I honestly only use team slayer for CE. I agree that quitting sucks, but I can assure you that I will stop quitting once they introduce a dedicated CE playlist and ranks.

I don't live in the states at the moment and I'm still having to wait 15-40 minutes to get into a game. Is anybody else not living in the U.S. having connectivity issues?

As an Australian I can get games in the TS playlist and H2A playlist and the other night I had some luck in SWAT. The rest haven't connected to a game for me yet.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Any guesses as to when the HC playlist is coming out. Would love to play some H2/3 on tournament settings! :D

This week apparently according to bravo, didn't specify which playlists though

What if you want to play a mix of all of them?

• Upvote (+1) 1

lol, negged for not liking people quitting games

You got negged for calling out people on not wanting to play what, most of time, is awful automatic starts on average-at-best maps, when there's the option for a better game.

The truth is, while I never quit out of Matchmaking unless I'm wasting the other team's time (in objective) I can understand what makes people quit when it's not CE. Team Slayer is the only 4v4 playlist which has CE and every other game has its standalone playlist. H4 doesn't, but there's a reason it got removed in the first place, no one cares about it. Point is, there's no reason to be in Team Slayer if you're not looking for CE games. In a similar fashion, I don't search HCS when I want SMG starts on Stonetown (which is never anyway).

Anyways, the main problem here is that people can and will quit because there's no punishment. That's called a design flaw.

Just played H2A for the first time in weeks. Game is STILL beyond trash online. Would rather play French host H3.

Honestly believe they'll never fix H2A's netcode.

• Upvote (+1) 1

there's no reason to be in Team Slayer if you're not looking for CE games.

Or maybe people just want to play slayer? CE isn't even always the best option on there so it shouldn't always be voted for. I think I'll quit out the next time I have to play shit like Hang em High.

• Downvote (-1) 15

Or maybe people just want to play slayer? CE isn't even always the best option on there so it shouldn't always be voted for. I think I'll quit out the next time I have to play shit like Hang em High.

Hang Em High? Shit? Boo this man. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I play Team Slayer for a variety and that it is the most populated playlist ITG. I vote for anything that is BRs and if it isn't BRs I'll vote H1. Simple.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

You got negged for calling out people on not wanting to play what, most of time, is awful automatic starts on average-at-best maps, when there's the option for a better game.

Yeah, I quit out of SMGs on Stonetown too. But quitting out of BRs on Midship because H1 didn't get voted? Just seems a bit excessive to me.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

As an Australian I can get games in the TS playlist and H2A playlist and the other night I had some luck in SWAT. The rest haven't connected to a game for me yet.

This.

It's really frustrating not being able to play anything but H2A and TS it really needs to be addressed :/

I've been lucky to find a few games in halo 3 but that's it.

I've also heard a rumor that the Australian servers are now switched on, but who knows...

• Upvote (+1) 1

This.

It's really frustrating not being able to play anything but H2A and TS it really needs to be addressed :/

I've been lucky to find a few games in halo 3 but that's it.

I've also heard a rumor that the Australian servers are now switched on, but who knows...

Yes, Australia got local servers but I'm still pretty sure the game runs on P2P most of the time. Although some games for me feel like they have been dedicated especially H3 games