CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Why is H2A the only game even remotely playable in this collection?

• CE is a complete mess.
  • H2 has absolutely awful hit detection at range.
  • H3s reticle movement just feels horrible to me, to the point where I don't want to play that either.
  • H4 doesn't even have the Turbo update.

On top of this a solid third of the playlists are H2A only, and on top of this H2A is probably the second worst Halo I've ever played (and that includes Reach and H4). The aim assist is unreal (I swear the aiming in H4 is harder) and the movement is awful. 

The game is honestly such a mess at this point that even if matchmaking gets completely sorted I doubt I'll ever be able to have real fun with it. 

Totally agree. The current playlist without BR starts and ranks just utterly ruins h2 and h3. I just can't believe they screwed it all up THIS MUCH. Almost everything is completely broken.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Does this whole thing seem like deceptive advertising? 

I was thinking about it, and if they claim to be "working around the clock" any more, then I'll lose all hope. If they were actually working around the clock to fix MCC then it would have been fixed by now. 

The scariest scenario is that they ARE working around the clock, and it simply can't be fixed by patching. I personally think the game is systemically broken.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The scariest scenario is that they ARE working around the clock, and it simply can't be fixed by patching. I personally think the game is systemically broken.

It is because 343 literally has no idea what they are doing.  It is a studio completely filled with incompetence.  Incompetent developers, incompetent QA, incompetent management.  It doesn't matter how long they work on it, they'll never be able to fix it.  At this point they just need to hand it off to another development studio, and it would probably take them a good 6 months to fix it because 343 Industries fucked it up so bad.  

• Upvote (+1) 2

• CE is a complete mess.
  • H3s reticle movement just feels horrible to me, to the point where I don't want to play that either.

On top of this a solid third of the playlists are H2A only, and on top of this H2A is probably the second worst Halo I've ever played (and that includes Reach and H4). The aim assist is unreal (I swear the aiming in H4 is harder) and the movement is awful. 

The game is honestly such a mess at this point that even if matchmaking gets completely sorted I doubt I'll ever be able to have real fun with it. 

I agree with most of this post, but so completely disagre with it being the second worst halo ever. It's better than 4, reach, and 3 in my opinion. 

343i managed to kill the momentum we had going. Halo's reputation is tarnished on the Xbox One. I don't know what hat the average gamer will think of of Halo 5 when it launches.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

• CE is a complete mess.

Halo 3 isn't even Halo 3, its a complete different game now. 

• CE is a complete mess.

Maybe because H2A was developed on the new platform since the beginning?   Just maybe because all the other games were developed on other platforms first and had to be ported over?  

• Downvote (-1) 2

My guess is they made H2A the only functional game to highlight it. If it wasn't favored by the community because it's the only one that actually works, it would have been overrun by everyone else playing their childhood favorites. But hey, I honestly don't think they purposely screwed up any games, it's just a theory.

They should have kept the "social" playlists at 10 players max - 8 players minimum. I'm sick of getting 3v3s because the game is afraid of searching any longer when it finds 6 players. Sure the teams might end up being uneven at times, but at least I'm not stuck playing hide and seek on Last Resort.

Even better when the game eventually gives up and decides to kick someone out for even teams... and that someone is you!

My personal favorite is being in a 3v3 lobby and then getting two players inserted at the last second. Then it's 5v3.

Pretty fuckin' sweet.

Feels like the only playable game on MCC is Halo 3 which pisses me off cos I've been able too play this fucking game on XBL for years anyway!

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Feels like the only playable game on MCC is Halo 3 which pisses me off cos I've been able too play this fucking game on XBL for years anyway!

What about the inverted sound? Is that fixed yet?

well thats 5 games in a row where the map won't load up.. 343 I don't think you could of fucked this game up anymore if you tried.

• Upvote (+1) 2

You still have to wear your headset backwards then... :(

Lol I haven't thought about doing that. I've only had to play one super try hard game of H3 so the sounds haven't come into play for me yet. Great idea though.

The reticle movement speed is what bothers me the most

Gotta love people complaining about the auto-aim in H2A. Newsflash: It's supposed to be a successor to H2C which had a shit ton of auto aim, remember that game which you all loved and refer to as the 'glory days' of Halo? If anything H2A has slightly less auto aim than H2C, certainly not more.

Complaining about reticle movement speed in H3 as well, what is up with that? You do realise there is an option to change your sensitivity right? Day 1 I realised it was way faster than all the other games and I just lowered the sensitivity, now it feels relatively similar to all the others.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Lol I haven't thought about doing that. I've only had to play one super try hard game of H3 so the sounds haven't come into play for me yet. Great idea though.

The reticle movement speed is what bothers me the most

Yeah the reticle movement is on a grid or something. I believe the more precise analog stick of the XONE controller makes it more noticable...

I always felt H3 aiming to be different.

At least they fixed the movement bug.

Gotta love people complaining about the auto-aim in H2A. Newsflash: It's supposed to be a successor to H2C which had a shit ton of auto aim, remember that game which you all loved and refer to as the 'glory days' of Halo? If anything H2A has slightly less auto aim than H2C, certainly not more.

Complaining about reticle movement speed in H3 as well, what is up with that? You do realise there is an option to change your sensitivity right? Day 1 I realised it was way faster than all the other games and I just lowered the sensitivity, now it feels relatively similar to all the others.

Yeah I agree the bullet magnetism is higher in H2C especially notible on BR and Snipe. But H2A doesn't have button combos whoch add a lot to the skill ceiling.

It's not about sensitivity. The aiming feels jitterish like your aiming on a grid. Try drawing a circle with the reticle in H3 and then on HCE and you'll know what people are talking about. ;)