CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Sad thing is

Thats some of the better hit detection i've seen.......

The real sad thing is anyone having never played hce playing MCC hce will have the opinion that the hype was unwarranted.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Wonder if they know that Halo 3 stats dont count for anything on MCC

Yeah, I have asked a few times and not got a reply. Hopefully they fix this.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Played a 3v3 on Derelict against 3 dudes who obviously knew what they were doing that quickly became a 3v2. They had 3 pistols/snipes on us every time off respawn and I nor the teammate I matched with knew how to spawn each other properly so we would have been destroyed either way, but man the hit registration was terrible. My experience with H1 so far has been pretty good, and I doubt I've ever been host because my internet is bad and I almost never get it in any online game. I was pretty surprised that I just could not kill anything this match, even they were having trouble except one guy who must have been host. This was by far the worst moment in the game, I don't think I even touched his shields in this whole encounter.

This sadly sums up 90 percent of CE games for me in MCC.

in the last MM game I played tonight before MM shit itself and starts failing at joining session (MCCseems to do this every night without fail), we got a TS game on Prisoner. I lead shots like crazy and get maybe hit shields once and dude teleports across map and magically kills me in one shot with me having full shield and health.

The game eventually lagged out/black screened not too long after (seems to occur frequently in CE and H2C)

As others have stated, it's like playing the lottery with CE and host/hit detection. I usually enjoy when CE gets voted in TS but it's gotten past ridiculous at this point and constantly leave me regretting not going in H2C playlist which sucks cause CE is damn near all I want to play most the time. I wonder if I went on XBC right now with the OG CE and hosted or matched in the highest ping game I can find how much night and day it would compared to MCC CE with the same exact connection

Played a 3v3 on Derelict against 3 dudes who obviously knew what they were doing that quickly became a 3v2. They had 3 pistols/snipes on us every time off respawn and I nor the teammate I matched with knew how to spawn each other properly so we would have been destroyed either way, but man the hit registration was terrible. My experience with H1 so far has been pretty good, and I doubt I've ever been host because my internet is bad and I almost never get it in any online game. I was pretty surprised that I just could not kill anything this match, even they were having trouble except one guy who must have been host. This was by far the worst moment in the game, I don't think I even touched his shields in this whole encounter.

Okay I see that a lot playing Halo PC.

But this is the Master Chief Collection.  Please tell me they aren't using the same 2001 netcode for this game because that is just ridiculous.

The real sad thing is anyone having never played hce playing MCC hce will have the opinion that the hype was unwarranted.

True, and very depressing.

I hope 343i has some massive Xmas patch planned. It would be disastrous to have new players leaving immediately because of the continued matchmaking issues.

On a side note, changing the current HCS playlist to ranked would be nice, now that it's back to 4v4. Most the players I've been matched with are clueless and it's not fun for either team when there's no challenge (or in the case of the guys going neg 27, way too much of it). *sigh*

/watch?v=d2xQdzOn60k

/watch?v=d2xQdzOn60k

What I really like about these videos is that you can tell Halo fans who are well knowledgeable on the series made them, and not just some random youtuber that ran out of ideas. So many small tibbets that just make the video, like him throwing not one, but two grenades to kill himself, and Sgnt. Johnson having a huge band-aid on his chest.

Props to these guys.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Yeah, I have asked a few times and not got a reply. Hopefully they fix this.

Good to know.

Played like 13 games today, only got to search 2s but no team splits fast games and no uneven teams. 4v4s or 3v3s. I also got to play Halo 4 for the first time, no surprise but it's the only game in here that doesn't feel like there's something wrong with it compared to its previous generation counterpart.

Yeah well I have a lvl 2.

Don't play that ranked bs until it's fixed.

Yeah well I have a lvl 2.

Don't play that ranked bs until it's fixed.

All the other playlists being fixed to 4v4 and leaving the only ranked one at 5v5 doesn't help either.

Impressive fighting! ;) Why aren't you using the trick to skip the initial section and the hunters?

You can't on legendary.  If one player dies you have to restart.  

So they can add a SWAT playlist, but not a CE playlist? Are you kidding? Just... wow.

So I tried SWAT, being a fan back in Reach and pretty much the only thing I played in 4 for the longest time.

First match found, game crashes. Excellent start.

Second match found, H2 Classic on Ascention. Getting cross-mapped 1-shot off spawn like it's going out of style, yet I can't headshot anyone to save my soul. Note: I'm a BEAST at SWAT. It's fairly common I go 25-30+ kills average and go positive by at least 10, usually more like 12 to 15. It's apparent very quickly that it's not on dedicated servers and equally apparent who has host 2 minutes into the game when one opposing teammate has 18 kills already and everyone else in the game has an average of 3 or 4. Excellent.

Next is Haven on Halo 4, my best SWAT map ever; I drop 35 & 20 all day like it's my full-time job. I immediately notice HUGE dead-zones issues with my controller, very similar to the one I had prior to getting a new controller and not updating it to avoid what was obviously the issue (e.g. firmware update for Titanfall that comes pre-patched with all controllers with newer XBOX ONES). I finish the game with 12 kills and 20-something deaths. This is going great!

I then load up H4 campaign to see if the recent update was the cause of the dead-zones issue. Nope, perfectly fine. Same with H2 campaign. This is very obviously a singular occurrence (so far) with that particular match, owing itself very likely to the most recent patch. Amazing.

Then a match on Zenith in H2A. Again, cross-map 1-shotted CONSTANTLY whilst I'm having to lay in 3-5 shots even at mid range. This is depressing.

Then a match on Pitfall, H4. Luckily the dead-zone issue didn't come along for the ride this time. However, the connection is so bad that people are literally David Copperfielding all over the map: one guy just randomly appeared S2 as I was walking up back ramp and was loosing at S2 whilst going up; He didn't spawn there, as I'm not aware of any spawns up there, and he was already moving and strafing when he appeared. I love this game.

Cut to my last game on Sanc, H2C, where again I am being spawned directly in enemy scopes from time to time, and my BR, though aimed steadily & accurately, was apparently replaced with a replica BR/airsoft combo. And I frequently get 1-shotted from invisible opponents. This is the best game ever.

TL;DR = SWAT is an absolute joke; a garbage playlist that depends on host more than any other SWAT playlist in any other previous Halo game, and the game itself as a whole is still broken and more to the point, seems to be getting infinitely worse gameplay-wise with each subsequent patch, despite matchmaking seemingly getting better.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

You can't on legendary. If one player dies you have to restart.

From a checkpoint, yes. Or are there some Co-op speedrun rules?

From a checkpoint, yes. Or are there some Co-op speedrun rules?

If you do the trick to skip that part one person dies, so you respawn to the checkpoint before you completed the trick making it pointless.  

Even then, I'm not sure I can get the bad taste out of my mouth. Just the sight of the opening screen and the main menu makes me angry now.

LOL this! The main menu just puts me in a strange mood.

Also the fucking music that never turns off is like a bad dream designed to torture us while we wait for games.

Haven't had one 4v4 since the update. Got quite a few 3v2s and 3 5v5s.

Yet again, another good update. Thanks 343 :chiefdancing:

Am I going crazy, or does Ghost Town seem to pop up more than any other map? I swear I've played that map more in the past 2 week than I have in the last 2 years.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is anyone else getting host booted or standbyed a bunch? Keeps happening to me.. 

You're not getting booted, the game just likes to kick people all the time.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm a CE noob but when I'm leading my shots and put a full clip in his head I begin too think maybe it's not me.

• Upvote (+1) 4