CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

With how unbelievably bad CE currently is I'm not sure why people get upset when it's not picked. A good starting weapon is the only thing that currently works in CE. XBC on Columbian host had better hit detection. I get CE in Team Slayer quite a bit and maybe 1 out of 5 games is playable.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Were you getting disconnected last night? Xbox Live was experiencing issues around the same time the patch went live. I couldn't send or receive party or game invites across all games.

Maybe that had something to with it. I just thought it was wierd because I was getting disconnected but could reenter machmaking search the instant after I was kicked, so I know it wasn't the internet on my end being sketchy.

Video is GOAT, definitely won't be pre-ordering again.

Incredible video. It should be on beyond's front page.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I am really hoping most of the bad hit detection is because of P2P hosts and not a net code issue. I played a ton of h2 back in the day and I can tell when shots should hit. 

Playing H2 classic lockout and shooting from top lift to library door, I can see that the player is just sponging shots. My teammate and I each put a full clip into a guy who went from library door to s3 quick jump and he was probably 2 shot still.

I really hope this is an issue dedicated servers will resolve, the problem is that it was green bar all game on the ping indicator but felt slightly laggy but not unbearable. It was just like shots just simply didn't connect.

• Upvote (+1) 1

With how unbelievably bad CE currently is I'm not sure why people get upset when it's not picked. A good starting weapon is the only thing that currently works in CE. XBC on Columbian host had better hit detection. I get CE in Team Slayer quite a bit and maybe 1 out of 5 games is playable.

I played two 5v5 games last night back to back and they felt amazing.  I'v played XBC.  XBC is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay worse than what I played last night in TMCC.

Now all's we need is a dedi CE playlist and I'll be content.  

What movement and aiming issues? This is the best Halo 3 has ever felt.

You can't walk in a straight line and the reticle speed is completely off.

http://youtu.be/t_GnsFs7pik

That guy in the don't pre order video is going off Lol

• Upvote (+1) 4

So today I got my first ever overkill extermination on halo CE. I'm meant to be studying but after that there's no chance haha!

Looks like my roster now accurately reflects the status of my friends - I can see what games everyone is in. Anyone else?

I appreciate the actual feedback, thanks bro (haven't had a chance to play since the latest patch)

I rather play halo ce on a columbian host then halo 2/3/4 on lan
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I've been a little out of the loop the last couple days, but I just wanna say that last night I saw that there was an update for MCC, so I got on and downloaded it and tried to play a few games. 

I searched for 30 minutes and didn't find a game. 

I am really hoping most of the bad hit detection is because of P2P hosts and not a net code issue. I played a ton of h2 back in the day and I can tell when shots should hit.

Playing H2 classic lockout and shooting from top lift to library door, I can see that the player is just sponging shots. My teammate and I each put a full clip into a guy who went from library door to s3 quick jump and he was probably 2 shot still.

I really hope this is an issue dedicated servers will resolve, the problem is that it was green bar all game on the ping indicator but felt slightly laggy but not unbearable. It was just like shots just simply didn't connect.

Josh,

I did some test on lan in MCC. The BR is a perfect four shot med/long range unscoped.

If you get on tonight would like to test this off host.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Josh,

I did some test on lan in MCC. The BR is a perfect four shot med/long range unscoped.

If you get on tonight would like to test this off host.

Wow, well would that imply its bad connection and not net code? or do I have that backwards...

Unfortunately I won't be on tonight, going with the wifey to see her brother in a play. Be gone when I get home from work til I get home and go to bed. I'll text you if I hop on this weekend. :)

You wrecked me in that creek game just now. GG.

GG, always a kick seeing people from Beyond in the MM wild.

Team doubles should feauture two playlists:

2v2 Halo CE - no radar

2v2 H2 and H3 combined - BR starts - radar on

Thoughts?

• Upvote (+1) 1

You can't walk in a straight line and the reticle speed is completely off.

http://youtu.be/t_GnsFs7pik

That guy in the don't pre order video is going off Lol

WOOOOOW....

now it makes sense why the first time I loaded up h3 I could not do that jump the first tries and I could do it with my eyes closed in h3...

smh

• Upvote (+1) 1

2v2 Halo CE - no radar

Thoughts?

They are going to have enough trouble populating the playlists they wanted to launch to begin with.

Adding more playlists is only going to make this feel like a dead game even sooner.

They are going to have enough trouble populating the playlists they wanted to launch to begin with.

Adding more playlists is only going to make this feel like a dead game even sooner.

Sure the population will have taken a hit but I think it's a bit of an over exaggeration to say that you wouldn't be able to find 4 players to play doubles.

I've had literally no problem finding 10 people on a consistent basis (<1min wait) since the first patch.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sure the population will have taken a hit but I think it's a bit of an over exaggeration to say that you wouldn't be able to find 4 players to play doubles.

I've had literally no problem finding 10 people on a consistent basis (<1min wait) since the first patch.

It's not only about finding the players to play doubles, as whatever population you take away to play doubles in H2 and H3 will be directly sapped from 4v4 playlists.

This game is not on the Xbox 360. It is on the Xbox One. The Xbox 360 for the later games had massive install bases where everyone and their mother had an Xbox 360. The Xbox One has about (and I'm being generous with estimating the black friday sales) about a 6 million to 7 million install base MAX. There were over 80 million 360's sold.

Halo is not what it was early in 360's life, or in the original Xbox's life. It is not the top dog anymore. There were about 17.5 million Xbox 360s for the launch of Halo 3, but more people were there for Halo than they are now. More people were dedicated to ONLY that game.

If you combine Halo's declining reputation, the MCC being a nostalgia collection for most that will be discarded within the month for a LOT of people, the low install base of the Xbox One, and of course the completely incompetent launch of the game itself...

You paint a picture that MAYBE it's not best to split up the population too much.

2v2 Halo CE - no radar

Thoughts?

there should never be radar in 2v2 ever. I will compromise tho. First option is slayer pro and the second is team brs. That way if both parties want to play a crouching fest, they can.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

there should never be radar in 2v2 ever. I will compromise tho. First option is slayer pro and the second is team brs. That way if both parties want to play a crouching fest, they can.

If it's a H2A playlist, then no radar Doubles should work just fine considering that they kept the whole Spartans-sound-like-AT-ATs-when-they-walk thing from Halo 4.

I'm finding matchmaking really boring. The fact that it's still uneven teams and the people who are at a disadvantage always quit.

• Upvote (+1) 1