CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I know some people are saying they're getting into game quickly, but I think it is still varying pretty greatly from user to user. I can't find games at all :(

I'm going better now. Patch has improved things. Would be nice if we got even teams soon

I know some people are saying they're getting into game quickly, but I think it is still varying pretty greatly from user to user. I can't find games at all :(

Try hard resetting?

I know how to fix the black screen

If you get it, go to a custom game and click on a a game, then go back to the menu

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just keep in mind, the same team that programmed the MCC is also programming Halo 5s matchmaking. Just saying.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Well things have gotten better on my end, but that's just it I can't speak for everyone.

On the other hand, I hate Zenith's visual clutter. Neon Genesis Evangelion anyone? 

Is also that programmed halo 4, which worked.

But lolHalo4

am I doing it rite guiz?

• Upvote (+1) 1

shit programmers with shit game = works

shit programmers with master race halo 1 2 and 3 = beyond broken

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Just keep in mind, the same team that programmed the MCC is also programming Halo 5s matchmaking. Just saying.

The entirety of MCC was outsourced, including the mm.

The entire H4 UI was ripped off of Bungie's beautiful Reach UI. Modders can even pull Arena win/loss ranks out of it.

• Upvote (+1) 2

It's been almost an entire month and the game is still  a broken mess. Get some other team to do the server side to multiplayer PLEASE.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I know nobody likes hearing this when it isn't working for them, but this is the best it has worked for me since launch. Hope it starts working for everyone else. 

I know nobody likes hearing this when it isn't working for them, but this is the best it has worked for me since launch. Hope it starts working for everyone else.

Yeah, tonight has been stable enough with 4v4 starts for me that if it launched in this state I would've been "fine" with it. I feel sorry for everyone it's still borked for.

1 step forward and 2 steps back with these updates I swear. Last patch I could find games now my game crashes consistently when searching for games. Smh

Neighbor said theyre gonna fix the H3 movement and aiming issues on stream just now. THANK YOU BASED GOD

• Upvote (+1) 5

Just wanted to provide some varied input on different experiences. 

Took a study break to try it out and here's my results. 

• Game 1: Find game in about a minute. Unfortunately it's 5v3. 
  • Game 2: Find game in 30 seconds, 4v4. 
  • Game 3: Another 30 seconds, 4v4. 

This is all in the HCS playlist. I searched solo for all three. Also, backing out of post game takes you right back to playlist selection screen and completely skips the part where you can just stay with the players who also stay and continue searching (I think this was intentional on 343's part). 

Note: MM solo was mostly working for me before this update. The biggest improvement for me personally is that now the game will lock in once 8 ppl are found (even if it still matches them 5v3 like my game 1) and it doesn't try to keep searching until it gets 9 or 10. Overall, this is another step in the right direction for me, albeit an extremely small step. (Actually, lets just say 343 shuffled their feet forward to be precise).  

I can find games in every playlist except for btb. Usually pretty fast and even teams. Btb seems empty. Searching solo, 6 matches so far.

Ts playlist. Game was creating teams at 7/10 players. Map is about to load and then 3 players get added into lobby. 5v5.

Then during load game crashes to menu.

/sigh

That's a good excuse but how would ms testers know if they couldn't get mm to work for them?

The cert process is to ensure quality product. It could never have been done with MCC no matter what you claim its end goals are because it wasn't functional.

You're thinking of it as ms testers are just like us users who download the update on their Xbox One consoles and tried out the game. This is not what they do. It's more like they run test cases (actual programming) that make sure that what the update does, does not conflict/interfere/influence with the Xbox One operating system or any extensions of it. Think of if it as Microsoft looking at the code rather than the finished product if that helps.

So yes it absolutely could and can still can be done with MCC because the test cases test if again, the game conflict/interfere/influence with the Xbox One operating system or any extensions of it. 

TLDR: MICROSOFT CERT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IF THE ACTUAL GAME ITSELF IS FUNCTIONAL

• Upvote (+1) 3