CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

you really underestimate M$

Got a hard on for MS?  We'll see.  I won't get banned.  Guaranteed.

You should never buy a whole system for 1 game. No matter how good the game is or is supposed to be.

Anyways I just picked up Smash 4 to play until this disaster is fixed.

who are you to tell anyone what they should or shouldn't buy ?

There is nothing really more to say at this point. Even when you think you got a balanced match, the game starts, and inevitably someone lags out, everytime. Playing this game right now is like getting fucked in the ass. Pain, lots of pain.

It's been one week since anything has been said about a new update. 343i leaving us in the dark?

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's been one week since anything has been said about a new update. 343i leaving us in the dark?

They probably have more resources devoted to H5 beta.  They know they can't fuck that up.

They probably have more resources devoted to H5 beta.  They know they can't fuck that up.

H5 is already f'ed up at its core.

• Upvote (+1) 7

While playing MCC matchmaking I feel like a rat in a lab pushing different buttons and most seem to be triggering an electric shock. Yet I keep trying... "Maybe MM will work today?" LOL

At least Campaign is treating me nicely.

I am willing to bet the controller he's using DOES have at least some kind of update applied to it (I don't know how many there are and what kind there are, since I haven't updated my newly purchased controller).

The reason I think this? Because he almost certainly updated the controller so as to be able to use his headset. A lot of people have made this mistake.

I personally bought a new stand-alone controller, pulled it out of the box, put in batteries, and started playing. I personally saw a difference instantly: my old controller, that originally came with my brand new XBOX ONE (at the time), would not register any adjustment unless you moved the stick (the right-stick, in this case) at least 25-35% of full in either direction. I could literally do a 30% radius rotation and see little-to-no movement of the reticule in Halo: The Master Chief Collection, for example. If it did register anything, it was very, very little.

It resulted in me having to move the right-stick 90-100% of full in any direction in order to move the reticule any sort of significant distance. The issue then became one of either two less-than-desirable circumstances, that I would either 1) move far, far too little due to the dead zone not registering an accurate input, resulting in many a missed shot, or 2) increase the sensitivity to compensate, resulting in me "windmilling" all over the damn place and, again, missing many shots.

With the new, non-updated controller, it (again in Halo: The Master Chief Collection) registers even a 1-2% movement, thus resulting in a much more accurate input and therefore more consistent and accurate aiming (and far less missed shots). I wanted to make sure I wasn't imagining things, or that it wasn't some kind of placebo effect, so I immediately (after playing a handful of games with it) disconnected the newly purchased controller and turned on the older, original controller that came with my XBOX ONE console, and proceeded to play; it was definitely not a placebo effect. I wish I could have recorded it before I returned my old controller in the box of my newly purchased one, claiming I had "made a mistake, and didn't need it after all" and received a full $64 refund.

To which, I may add, I had been severely criticized by someone on these very forums for doing, claiming it was a "shady move" on my part. While I admit it wasn't the most honest or upstanding thing I've done, I feel as though it is more than justified considering the updated applied to the controller (without my knowledge and for a game I had no intention of ever playing, Titanfall) made the one game I purchased the console for even more unplayable than it already was; I couldn't even enjoy the campaign whilst I waited for the multiplayer to be fixed (naively, as it were). Not to mention having paid $64 for a game that does not work even close to as advertised; a game that was published and released by a company owned by the creators of the controller I was incapable of using.

Not to mention the fact that the controller itself is neither defective nor unusable for many non-FPS games, and will likely be sold as a discounted open-box item. There is also the fact that said issue (via a future update of some kind) will likely be resolved eventually. I just didn't feel it were right that I would have to either wait or pay an additional $64 to properly (at least, mechanically) play the one game I bought the console to play.

Sorry for the rant; Just wanted that to be public knowledge in defense of anyone else who garnered criticisms for doing the same in the future ;]

Holy fuck it worked, this feels amazing!

SSJ3GIF.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1

Happen to record it?

I'm offended you didn't realize I already recorded and uploaded this happening to me on the 21st of last month.

Spoiler: skip to the end to watch the mammoth turn on active camo

• Upvote (+1) 4

Is the BR always inconsistent when it comes down to how many bursts it kills people in?

Is the BR always inconsistent when it comes down to how many bursts it kills people in?

on host it's a 4shot kill

off host it's inconsistent 

game is pretty awesome on host. you actually get to see shields pop!

I've been enjoying all your clips tho dude. I go thru the stuff under your name on my XBL feed pretty often.

That means more to me than you know.

Yeah, never in my life did I think I'd get to host a 2v2 in H1 and team with Zyos, haha. We played a few off-host, but for whatever reason it kept booting us all out after every game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

My sister over thanks giving break saw me playing Halo MCC and got all excited.  She grabbed the second controller and said lets play firefight like the good ole days.  She was pretty disappointed the new game didn't have it.

I love playing competitive halo, although I haven't been able to play it in so long considering h4 didn't last and H2A I can't even play because of random lag spikes because the game is broken.. I have to go back to be a bad montage kid in H3 on MCC. If anybody wants to play competitive h3 customs just hmu. xbl i Graphic i 

That means more to me than you know.

Yeah, never in my life did I think I'd get to host a 2v2 in H1 and team with Zyos, haha. We played a few off-host, but for whatever reason it kept booting us all out after every game.

So THE Zyos actually came back to play CE online via MCC? That's pretty damn sick. I think whenever customs work flawlessly, someone with the right connection should get in touch with all the old pros who picked up MCC and run a CE 2v2 throwback tourney.