CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Oh man playing the sympathy card. "im going to post to tell you i have not been posting because of death threats"

how sad....what a tool

"I'm a visible member of the tech industry and I'm not used to death threats"

C'mon man, welcome to the internet fam

• Upvote (+1) 2

I see a lot of complaints about frame rate in Stonetown yet my frames seem quite stable?

The people getting this lag got their Kinects hooked up? If so I'd remove it, campaign was much more stable for me once I did in terms of frames.

If not, which areas of Stonetown lag?

Yeah I'm also curious about this. My Xbone is thankfully kinectless and I can't recall experiencing any frame rate issues on Stonetown.

Until I can go into matchmaking with a team of four people and play 10+ games in a row without my party ending up on different teams or playing 5v4, I won't give them any credit. That's honestly not asking for a lot. I still can't even back out of searching without splitting us up.

I don't even feel like buying this game nor console until this level of competence is reached. Keep in mind I was planning on having bought this 10 days ago.

At this point I am considering saving that money and either building a PC for playing CSGO, or maybe even buying a Wii U. Both are objectively better choices and the only thing staying my feet is my love for the series. A good friend who has been involved in Halo since 2001 told me, "MCC is skippable." The next possible game to merit a console purchase would be Halo 5, IF it's good.

It just feels awful man. I am trying to find a reason to give them my money and everything I read says "Don't be an idiot."

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah I'm also curious about this. My Xbone is thankfully kinectless and I can't recall experiencing any frame rate issues on Stonetown.

My Xbox also does not have a kinetc hooked up to it, but there are certain areas on Stonetown that suffer from severe frame rate drops.

My Xbox also does not have a kinetc hooked up to it, but there are certain areas on Stonetown that suffer from severe frame rate drops.

I've noticed frame drops on Shrine too (playing single player), in the rocks place and behind the turrets. 

Same here: no Kinect, no frame rate issues other than on Shrine on a couple of games a week or so ago, but I think that was an isolated incident.

What I'm worried about now is that people are reporting frame rate / performance issues with Forge. This is very troublesome. I mean look, H2A Forge looks good and all, but it's not too far above H4 in terms of visuals. More to the point, the piece textures are very, very simplistic. How then is it that the XB1 is incapable of performing well? H4 was 720p; you mean to tell me that a Forge with simpler textures and 60fps/1080p is too much, especially for a console that is supposed to e several times as powerful as the 360?

Something doesn't add up here...

I've noticed frame drops on Shrine too (playing single player), in the rocks place and behind the turrets.

Yes! This is exactly what I experienced. Not for a while now, though...

Why would having a Kinect cause frame rate issues....

Shrine and stone town both have frame rate issues

Having a kinect does not cause frame issues.

I don't know why this is even a thought.

Just think, once they're done with this there's a host of gameplay issues that need to be fixed

*Issues with Grand Theft Auto V soundtrack playing at random

*Unlocks achievements from unreleased games

*Jumps to twenty players maximum

*Game crashes when saying 'the'

Matchmaking is at a bearable level in terms of finding matches. What needs to get fixed asap/next in my opinion is parties. I should be able to back out with my party. I hate when I search with a friend, we don't find a match so we both back out, but then we have to restart mcc since both of us cant join each other.

And after every single game, if you were searching with a party, everyone has to restart mcc in order to rejoin again. its frustrating as fuck

I hope it does something. It's going to get really annoying basically seeing the same update every week.

For now, I've mainly just been doing achievements. Thankful for youtube or else I wouldn't know what half of them are.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hmm come to think of it, the last time I played Stone Town, my friend was complaining about FPS issues and he has kinect, It was fine for me and I don't. Maybe just a coincidence.

I don't think I've had a single game on them.  Yesterday I went into the Halo 3 playlist and it crashed 3 times in a row on map loading.  These patches can't come soon enough.

I was playing Halo 2 and Halo 3 earlier with no issues. Dedicated Servers and everything. Most fun I've had in years.

H2A is the only game with connection issues for me.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I hate to sound callous, but Frankie's death threat thing just sounds like a convenient excuse for going off radar during this miserable shitstorm.

Maybe it's because I'd like to believe nobody would actually want to ruin their life, and someone else's, over this joke release. I mean, just imagine that conversation in prison:

A: What you in for man? I killed a waiter at my favourite Asian restaurant with a pair of fucking chopsticks for smiling at my wife.

B: I uh... tracked down and killed a video game developer because he was sort of like the face of a company which ruined my favourite gaming franchise... y'know, real trap shit.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just in an FFA and sniped someone no less that 4 times and not one shot registered as well as several other shots on other people and I end up losing the game because of it. Does this happen to anyone else? It's the first time it has happened to me.