CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

literally bought my PC solely for Battlefield. I spent $2500 on the bastard because whilst I am primarily a console player, I was not going to miss out on 64 player Battlefield glory. I was very angry, my PC was a complete waste of money until Total War Rome 2 came out. Now I play League of Legends a bit and still lots of Rome 2 but man, BF3 pissed me off.

Battlefield and Command and Conquer. Where did it all go wrong? (nobutseriously, CnC4 was somehow worse than Halo 4 for me).

Also, fuck Metro conquest. I don't care if they think they fixed it in BF4, It's a turkey shoot for one side and a bullet hell for the other.

Lack of commander was a huge disappointment, and squads were trivialized except on the rare occasion that you got a few points for pointing out an objective.

Maan, every time an objective game gets voted my game either freezes or loses connection before it even starts. Just want to play some flag. :(

Dude Richochet with friends is amazing. When you get a perfect pass-pass-cap or a long lob cross-map to score. Some of the only fun I've had in Halo 4.

There are certain gametypes in Halo that may not be the most competitively viable, or balanced or whatever, but they do one thing very well: create memories.

Blood Gulch CTF was one of those gametypes. So was HH ctf. They are bad competitive games, but every time I've played one on lan, there is a moment that is created that I remember for years. Many of which I still remember vividly to this day. Ricochet, on the right map with the right people, was one of those gametypes. I had games where I put an entire team on my back and single-handedly won ricochet matches. Id inch my way across the map, dropping it and slaying as much as possible, then throw the ball at the last guy defending when Im one shot, kill him and score at the end of tied, close game. Just so many MOMENTS. Blah, I can't believe Im reminiscing about Halo 4. someone shoot me.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I just watched a H5 game.

My eyes were melting in sorrow with every sprint gesture and jump climb. And you just know no sprint isn't going to work because the maps already are scaled for sprint.

• Upvote (+1) 4

My eyes were melting in sorrow with every sprint gesture and jump climb. And you just know no sprint isn't going to work because the maps already are scaled for sprint.

I can already hear the Reach babies screaming to adapt

• Upvote (+1) 2

Plot twist: 343 pushed H2A and only H2A as a competitive title because they knew it was the only one that even remotely functions correctly. 

That game does NOT function correctly at all. The game gets progressively worse the more people are in the game. 1v1s are acceptable. 2v2s pushing it. 4v4s just become horrible red bar games where half your bullets don't register and the host of the game is like a kid in a candy store especially with sword. 

I honestly had the worst experience with H2A. Nothing registers. Everything horribly inconsistent. Struggle to pick up weapons, nades come out later than the most foreign of foreign hosts in H3 360. Bullets refunded (and lost to oblivion) multiple teleportations. Out of body experiences. Struggle to respawn. Invisible players killing you and when they are visible they skip around the map.

Nek minnut I go on Reach, search good connection on a good connection filter, load up a game of TS in seconds, get fair teams and the game feels like LAN. LAN with Jetpacks. >.>

• Upvote (+1) 1

As soon as they built maps scaled for sprint as the only maps in the beta, they made it clear to the community that they WILL NOT listen.

If they really wanted our feedback (isn't that the point of a year early beta?) then they would have given us options. This beta is for mild weapon tuning and a matchmaking network test, that's all. Our "feedback" won't mean shit.

• Upvote (+1) 5

That game does NOT function correctly at all. The game gets progressively worse the more people are in the game. 1v1s are acceptable. 2v2s pushing it. 4v4s just become horrible red bar games where half your bullets don't register and the host of the game is like a kid in a candy store especially with sword. 

I honestly had the worst experience with H2A. Nothing registers. Everything horribly inconsistent. Struggle to pick up weapons, nades come out later than the most foreign of foreign hosts in H3 360. Bullets refunded (and lost to oblivion) multiple teleportations. Out of body experiences. Struggle to respawn. Invisible players killing you and when they are visible they skip around the map.

Nek minnut I go on Reach, load up a game of TS in seconds, get fair teams and the game feels like LAN. LAN with Jetpacks. >.>

Don't forget reload sounds not working half the time

I'm losing hope that this thing is even salvageable at this point.

I doubt it. It's been nearly 3 weeks and the game is still so broken.... with very few fixes.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

As soon as they built maps scaled for sprint as the only maps in the beta, they made it clear to the community that they WILL NOT listen.

If they really wanted our feedback (isn't that the point of a year early beta?) then they would have given us options. This beta is for mild weapon tuning and a matchmaking network test, that's all. Our "feedback" won't mean shit.

You're right, and that's a very sad truth =\.

Off topic, but I just tuned into the cod stream....are they playing ricochet o.o?

Honestly the game is just way more inconvenient than broken. I played today and had a really good time.

I think most of the issues are with random crashes, unbalanced teams, and party splits, which 343 definitely will prioritize with the next update.

When I was on today for a few hours I found games in like 3 minutes in teams and had no real issues. I had ZERO problems with H2A rumble, which is easily the most viable playlist right now with no teams to balance and no parties to split

• Upvote (+1) 1

I doubt it. It's been nearly 3 weeks and the game is still so broken.... with very few fixes.

Its not broken its unfinished.

Have you returned your game?

I had a lot more success finding and playing games this weekend as a team of 2 in Team Slayer. The initial matchmaking issues do seem much better, and once the inconveniences are resolved (things like even team sizes, true skill-based teams, etc.), I think we'll be in much better shape.

Then 343 can work on the laundry list of actual gameplay bugs, rather than UI and systems issues.

Why are most of the games freezing now? The past couple of days it was working fine except for uneven teams, now it just freezes all of the time when it goes to create the match. What did those people at 343 do now?

Why are most of the games freezing now? The past couple of days it was working fine except for uneven teams, now it just freezes all of the time when it goes to create tue match. What did those morons at 343 do now?

dunno20110724-22047-1wvbiu8.gif

• Upvote (+1) 6

Plot twist: they added all this speed running stuff to campaign cause they knew MM would be a mess

Also h2a campaign makes me rage, they should of taken all those upscaled assets and added them to h2c multiplayer

• Upvote (+1) 1

I had a lot more success finding and playing games this weekend as a team of 2 in Team Slayer. The initial matchmaking issues do seem much better, and once the inconveniences are resolved (things like even team sizes, true skill-based teams, etc.), I think we'll be in much better shape.

Then 343 can work on the laundry list of actual gameplay bugs, rather than UI and systems issues.

Seem much better? ...ek..setting the bar a little low don't you think? The game crashes constantly, you can't back out with a party or risk all having start your xboxes over, you can't join friends most of the time, teams are uneven, there are no ranks, the ranks that do exist are glitched to the nth degree, etc. This is not in the realm of being fixed in my opinion.

Another night wishing I could play some Halo CE online, another night not even bothering to turn on MCC. Seriously considering getting a refund at this point.

• Upvote (+1) 2