CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

If I play one more 10 man FFA on lockdown, shrine or warlord I'm going to explode. How hard is it to put the player count down? It's just a complete and utter mess with that many players.

8 games in a row its crashed

The crashes have definitely been more frequent than the before the last patch. It's honestly depressing because it seems to happen only when I get a good map, and even teams. The game just can't allow you to have a good time :(.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Yeah, I've found that I'm finding games faster, but the games is crashing and kicking me out of games more, so I'm basically in the same position as I was before the patch.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If I play one more 10 man FFA on lockdown, shrine or warlord I'm going to explode. How hard is it to put the player count down? It's just a complete and utter mess with that many players.

I'd say stonetowm is the worst.

Haven't checked here for a few days, what's going on with the game?

It has a lot of band-aids on it, but it's not really closer to getting well soon.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I really dont know what we are holding on to. I thought the mcc was going to bring halo back by rejuvenating the interest in the older games and to show people that you dont have to hold out for some great new halo game to have a tournament game.

The game comes out broken as fuck and people just accept that H2A is our game.....why? Why not do what the smash community did and revive halo 1, 2, and 3?   Ofc that would never happen, if it was possible then reach and 4 wouldnt have been the death of halo and we would still be relevant.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I really dont know what we are holding on to. I thought the mcc was going to bring halo back by rejuvenating the interest in the older games and to show people that you dont have to hold out for some great new halo game to have a tournament game.

The game comes out broken as fuck and people just accept that H2A is our game.....why? Why not do what the smash community did and revive halo 1, 2, and 3?   Ofc that would never happen, if it was possible then reach and 4 wouldnt have been the death of halo and we would still be relevant.

I guess I'll answer what you already know? The community traded their spines in a blink of an eye when M$ threw money at halo so the fans could get to relive the glory days where they watch other people win money? I guess..most could give less of a fuck if that no scope aimed itself for the clutch 50-49 win, it was for 20k yay!!!!

• Upvote (+1) 1

No community other than the Halo community would put up with this kind of crap and still keep trying to play. I was excited to play halo last night with some friends but we all have limited free time and just dont have the patience to sit searching, get one game and then have to all force quit the application and start from scratch. This is 2014 for gods sake.We are a bunch of fanatics who have been crapped on for so long now that they know they can just keep doing it and we will keep playing. I'm just so fed up at this point. Even if this damn matchmaking system and UI worked there are still so many issues and oversights with the gametypes, the maps, netcode, etc. I think the developers care but the developers bosses, the executive level management who gets to make the final calls on deadlines and such, those guys have killed our game's last great chance. They don't give a good god damn and that is such a shame.

I agree with you. It's especially annoying if you're (I know many of you are) who have stuck it out with Halo through Halo 4, ALGs, posting on forums, playing in BE online tournaments etc, just anything to keep Halo alive. Then to see the MCC hype being absolutely huge to now be slapped in the face like this.

No community other than the Halo community would put up with this kind of crap and still keep trying to play. I was excited to play halo last night with some friends but we all have limited free time and just dont have the patience to sit searching, get one game and then have to all force quit the application and start from scratch. This is 2014 for gods sake.We are a bunch of fanatics who have been crapped on for so long now that they know they can just keep doing it and we will keep playing. I'm just so fed up at this point. Even if this damn matchmaking system and UI worked there are still so many issues and oversights with the gametypes, the maps, netcode, etc. I think the developers care but the developers bosses, the executive level management who gets to make the final calls on deadlines and such, those guys have killed our game's last great chance. They don't give a good god damn and that is such a shame.

Agreed its frustrating and some of the shit should never have happenend, but hopefully it'l get fixed soon. At least we get the HCS to watch

Your sig takes me back to the Battlefield forums. They were called "Mordor" because of the Black and orange colour scheme and the fact that it was basically a black hole of negativity against the developers who murdered the BF franchise with Battlefield 3. It got too much and they eventually closed the forums down, only to eventually be remade my the members as "MordorHQ" which is now a popular forum. 

Intentionally Off topic post: To be honest, there was no way that they were going to go from 2142 to anything as spectacular. Of course, I'd like to believe that Battlefield 2 (and its expansions) were better than BF3 because you just had more that you could do (even with as little as we had) and that Battlefield 3 dropped the ball by adding in too much that inundated the sandbox and made the game rather bland by comparison. This is not to say that adding in more weapons, vehicles, and customizations is a problem, but, to me anyway, the sheer number of weapons did not make them feel unique (and the ones that were unique, were weapons like the F2000? that had horrible ironsights). BF3 wasn't bad by a long shot, however, but I don't think that, especially a game that was also engineered for console, it could have really lived up to 2142's greatness.

Sort of on topic tie-in: The difference between that and this scenario is that there was no technology shift and that there are fundamental differences between adding in things to Battlefield and adding in things to Halo. Halo is a simplistic shooter that works well because of its simplicity and the easy-access custom options in gametypes and maps, whereas Battlefield is grand in scale by default.

Plot twist: 343 pushed H2A and only H2A as a competitive title because they knew it was the only one that even remotely functions correctly. 

I just had a H2 game with a guy that was seriously bitching about BR starts.. I didn't think these people actually existed. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Plot twist: 343 pushed H2A and only H2A as a competitive title because they knew it was the only one that even remotely functions correctly. 

I've had a more stable experience with H3 than with H2:A. That being said, H2:A also feels unfinished in terms of the sandbox. The BR is ridiculously easy to use and grenades have a stupidly large blast radius, amongst other things.

I've had a more stable experience with H3 than with H2:A. That being said, H2:A also feels unfinished in terms of the sandbox. The BR is ridiculously easy to use and grenades have a stupidly large blast radius, amongst other things.

I think it's more that the movement speed is too slow to move out of the way.

Reach syndrome.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I  dont think ive seen cT rant so much in the long years Ive been in halo forums, 343i...look at what have you done.

I play less halo now than I did before the MCC release (My friends and I were still active on h4 on the 360).

I never would have thought MCC would kill my desire to play halo so completely.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I play less halo now than I did before the MCC release (My friends and I were still active on h4 on the 360).

I know man. I miss the social part of Halo the most, but this game wants you to play alone.

I can only play maybe an hour before losing my shit worse than Nicolas Cage.

Nicolas Cage Losing His Shit: http://youtu.be/oUltheRpJNw

• Upvote (+1) 1

I  dont think ive seen cT rant so much in the long years Ive been in halo forums, 343i...look at what have you done.

That's cause as bad as the games were, I was usually busy playing them! Even the crappy sequels that bear little resemblance to the game I fell in love with were fun when played with my friends. NOW I CANT EVEN DO THAT.

I love Halo CE above all else, but I had like 75k kills in Halo 4. I played it a lot because frankly it was nice having my gun shoot in a straight line again. And screw you guys I thought ricochet was fun. I didn't enjoy it competitively, playing against great opponents was a chore in Halo 4, it made the game considerably less fun. But at least I could get on and have a game ready in a minute or two. And I was able to get a few 50s in the process of just playing with my wife and IRL buddies like I always have with the halo sequels. It was still fun, stupid as it was. Now I'm farming spirit bloom instead of sitting in a lobby with 3 friends waiting for a game that never arrives. Marginally better experience.

I'm still mad. Like I told Cyren 2 weeks ago, you can expect these kind of posts from me for a while. I'm STILL mad.

• Upvote (+1) 2

It's going to be fucking ridiculous when the Halo 5 beta works before MCC. Like that's some serious ass-backwards fucked up shit.

• Upvote (+1) 4

In complete seriousness, MCC has killed my desire to play games. They've just been getting trashier and trashier since last gen, soon it'll be hard to tell the difference between a console game and a learning game for children with autism. *sigh*  I am honestly 100% convinced I will NEVER see a title come out again that will come anywhere near close to being as good as the original MGS, abes oddysee, gtas, those "halo" games, Sotc etc. Games with a bit of heart in them, games where you could tell the developers put love and time into many details/eggs/unlockables you'd find within the game- because, you can tell; they wanted people to love these games for a long time.

Nowadays Betas are purpose built to be tested for a year before they dump out the next POS sequel. agh...I'm depressed now. Thanks 343 for ruining my favourite hobby.

• Upvote (+1) 1