CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

This game... I don't know if it's fixable.

I don't care what a lot of you say, Halo 5 looks skillful as fuck and I can't wait to play the beta because my Halo itch has not been scratched and it feels like it's fading, which is sad.

Bring on skillful, dependable Halo. I don't care about the sights or the announcer or the thrusters.

• Upvote (+1) 3

It's generally random, to the point where it's either somewhat average or absolute horseshit. Halo 2 Classic on Zanzibar had been mostly unplayable online for me.

Yep

• Upvote (+1) 7

Why doesn't it show up on the killfeed when someone quits from the game anymore? Because 343.

How come the killfeed isn't specific anymore? Doesn't tell you that you were stuck, sniped (headshot kill), etc.

SO MANY MANY MANY LITTLE CHANGES THAT MAKE THE GAME WORSE AND I DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW THE HELL IT WASN'T NOTICED. IT MAKES THE GAME LESS FUN.

AND COME UP WITH A UNIVERSAL ORDER IN WHICH THE NAMES ARE GIVEN TO US ABOUT WHO KILLS WHO ON THE KILLFEED.  

• Upvote (+1) 2

I don't care what a lot of you say, Halo 5 looks skillful as fuck and I can't wait to play the beta because my Halo itch has not been scratched and it feels like it's fading, which is sad.

Bring on skillful, dependable Halo. I don't care about the sights or the announcer or the thrusters.

There's other skillful shooters out there like CS.  You don't have to settle for the Halo 5 amalgamation of horrors and terribleness.

There's other skillful shooters out there like CS. You don't have to settle for the Halo 5 amalgamation of horrors and terribleness.

I play CS. I like it for what it is.

I am not settling on Halo 5, I genuinely think it will be a great game to play based on what we know. I don't care if it's traditional or not, it will separate people well based on skill. That's all I care about.

If MCC is going to continue to be a dumpster fire that 343 can't fix, and CE plays like dog shit, then bring on Halo 5 beta. I'm not going to wear Halo purist goggles and be slanted against the game just because of the new features. The product on the whole looks to be fast, accurate, skillful, fresh, and focused on 4v4 competitive play.

If the beta doesn't work, and MCC doesn't work, later Xbox One. I'll be playing a lot more CS.

• Upvote (+1) 8

I play CS. I like it for what it is.

I am not settling on Halo 5, I genuinely think it will be a great game to play based on what we know. I don't care if it's traditional or not, it will separate people well based on skill. That's all I care about.

If MCC is going to continue to be a dumpster fire that 343 can't fix, and CE plays like dog shit, then bring on Halo 5 beta. I'm not going to wear Halo purist goggles and be slanted against the game just because of the new features. The product on the whole looks to be fast, accurate, skillful, fresh, and focused on 4v4 competitive play.

If the beta doesn't work, and MCC doesn't work, later Xbox One. I'll be playing a lot more CS.

Surely you remember how everyone twisted Reach the same way.  C'mon bro Evade is so skillful.

I don't care if it's pure or not, it just doesn't look good as a game from what's been shown.  It's literally an amalgamation of this years shooters with LoLs ranking system. So fresh.

Surely you remember how everyone twisted Reach the same way. C'mon bro Evade is so skillful.

I don't care if it's pure or not, it just doesn't look good as a game from what's been shown. It's literally an amalgamation of this years shooters with LoLs ranking system. So fresh.

Reach was a very different case, and I dont think I need to explain why to you, you're a bright enough guy, and this isn't the thread for this discussion anyways. Also if more dynamic movement is the way shooters are moving, that's a good thing, whether that aspect of halo 5 is fresh or not.

But anyways, looking forward to it more and more every day with every day that MCC is unplayable.

• Upvote (+1) 2

At this point I don't think some band aid patches are going to fix it. I think it's completely broken at its core. Like broken to the point where they basically would have to start from scratch to fix it. It may never work 100%

Yeah, I think with the people and resources that have been dedicated to fixing this, it would have just been fixed by now. I have no faith that 343i will not leave this game for dead in a month. So instead of just having good memories of the classics, 343i has to try to sully them with this garbage. It's never going to work completely right and ranks....HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YEAH FUCKING RIGHT!

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm totally fine with the move away from traditional Halo so long as it's skillful and fun, I agree. I don't really care about religiously sticking to Halo traditions anymore either. We have all the classic Halo we will ever need in the MCC (despite the game not being fully functional yet).

My biggest concern for H5 is potentially long average kill times due to all of the movement options. Having said that, the game's (utility rifle) minimum kill times are better than every other Halo game aside from CE -- which is a big plus IMO. The H5 magnum kill time is around one second too.

So this game still doesn't work? I've been playing Destiny again for the past 2 weeks...

Cyber Monday is almost here. Build a PC and stop playing the Destiny BETA.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Surely you remember how everyone twisted Reach the same way.  C'mon bro Evade is so skillful.

I don't care if it's pure or not, it just doesn't look good as a game from what's been shown.  It's literally an amalgamation of this years shooters with LoLs ranking system. So fresh.

I feel like everyone knew vanilla Reach was going to be shitty. You didn't even have to play it to know it was easily the slowest Halo yet. Then we got our hands on the beta and discovered that bloom and AAs slowed things down even further.

Now I look at Halo 5 and see quick movement, speedy weapon switching, and the fastest minimum kill times since CE. Can't say I'm not at least a little bit excited.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Quick kill times don't magically make a game good.

You know what other games have quick kill times? Call of Duty games.

Yes, and if anything finishing people off in H5 could potentially be a problem due to the lowered aim assist and increased number of movement options.

I don't know why would bring up Call of Duty. It's way too fucking easy to land shots in that game.

Yea but H5 has low aim assist

and it has arena focused maps based around competitive play (hopefully) while CoD always will be a game designed around the casuals

• Upvote (+1) 1

and it has arena focused maps based around competitive play (hopefully) while CoD always will be a game designed around the casuals

im gonna wait on how I view h5 maps. I've heard 343i and Bungie say their maps were made for "competitive play" when they were pretty ass