CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Getting those games that actually work are painful in a way because they give you false hope that the game is fixed. Then the next game will be uneven teams, crash or be a lagfest and you'll be sad again.

Oh and about you getting betrayed; I've had more team killers than I would like to admit. How are you going into games to troll people when the game barely even works? Just to throw salt in our wounds? Truly sick people right there.

Oh it's ******** now. I was playing H2A Team Slayer on Stonetown, some kid has T2 combo and blows himself up trying to kill some kid in CQB, I then grab rocks and snipe, take about 15 steps then get back whacked. I msg the kid afterward and call him a little bitch, to which this winner says, "I didn't give you permission to touch my shit."

You can't make this shit up...

• Upvote (+1) 2

If it doesn't work at this point, it's getting really hard to believe that they will ever do what needs to be done to actually fix it

i have to say... only game that works is halo 3... by far best game on the collection as of now.. and easy to find matches in

exept maybe to many standoff games and high ground games 

just my thought 

Maybe because of all the game breaking problems people haven't focused on the glaring issues with H2A but having played it I can't believe some of the things I've heard from pros about this game being competitive ("what H4 should have been"). BR range is ridiculous to the point of killing map movement against any decent set up team; grenades are just stupidly over powered, the sniper is laughably easy to use and the auto aim is too high in general. There are numerous issues with spawns (bottom blue starts on Lockout? How does this even happen?) and the game is replete with performance issues (and the lack of maps issue, but I think I've seen something on that). I'm assuming I've just missed the posts but I'm pretty disappointed with it (when it works). Super glad to have the older titles (when they work) but H2A....meh.

• Upvote (+1) 3

3 Games of Ghost Town in a row. What the hell is the weighting on that map?

Kind of ironic that a map named "ghost town" is so popular lol :kappa:

That was their major, once the HCS starts and gets to the climax of the league we'l see big numbers

Exactly, also comparing Halo to CS is rather unfair, CS has had 2 years to grow 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Exactly, also comparing Halo to CS is rather unfair, CS has had 2 years to grow 

Also everyone knew about this CS event with its promotion, and the halo event today didn't have any promotion prior.

Maybe because of all the game breaking problems people haven't focused on the glaring issues with H2A but having played it I can't believe some of the things I've heard from pros about this game being competitive ("what H4 should have been"). BR range is ridiculous to the point of killing map movement against any decent set up team; grenades are just stupidly over powered, the sniper is laughably easy to use and the auto aim is too high in general. There are numerous issues with spawns (bottom blue starts on Lockout? How does this even happen?) and the game is replete with performance issues (and the lack of maps issue, but I think I've seen something on that). I'm assuming I've just missed the posts but I'm pretty disappointed with it (when it works). Super glad to have the older titles (when they work) but H2A....meh.

I agree with most of your post. Except the part about the range on the BR. I like that. A lot actually. It makes punishing people with shitty awareness possible. My friend feels the same way you do about the BR and we had a long debate about it.The movement is too slow is one problem. Also you can't complain about map movement with the maps in H2A. The BR has nothing to do with it. That's my take on it. The worse thing possible would be to decrease the range on the BR.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Also everyone knew about this CS event with its promotion, and the halo event today didn't have any promotion prior.

Yeah DreamHack is quite a big event, Halo has came back after 4 years of hiatus and people already want DreamHack tier events for Halo, it will come in time, hopefully by H5, expect some big events for that game

• Upvote (+1) 1

Times restarting my game to start a party: 38 Times

Games I've played today: 8 games

Times I've been split from my party: 3 Times

Knowing that I spent $500 dollars just to play THIS game: Priceless

• Upvote (+1) 3

Is it just shitty in p2p connections or dedicated servers as well?

It's generally random, to the point where it's either somewhat average or absolute horseshit. Halo 2 Classic on Zanzibar had been mostly unplayable online for me.

If it doesn't work at this point, it's getting really hard to believe that they will ever do what needs to be done to actually fix it

At this point I don't think some band aid patches are going to fix it. I think it's completely broken at its core. Like broken to the point where they basically would have to start from scratch to fix it. It may never work 100%

• Upvote (+1) 2

It's generally random, to the point where it's either somewhat average or absolute horseshit. Halo 2 Classic on Zanzibar had been mostly unplayable online for me.

That's lame and sucks by the time my bros xb1 gets here the game will still be booty most likely

H2C won't be used because they gave us GARBAGE Halo 2 Vista

It's really really bad

They literally ruined it for comp play

What are the differences between Vista and classic?

I mean I know that H1 PC is a piece of shit but I never really heard that much about H2 Vista being all that different from the classic version.

There was a Halo event today?

At this point I don't think some band aid patches are going to fix it. I think it's completely broken at its core. Like broken to the point where they basically would have to start from scratch to fix it. It may never work 100%

Exactly. I'm of this mind too. I think the code's logic that was implemented initially is just broken and wrong. Their patches can probably rectify some of the issues but the core code seems to just be broken. If I were 343 and had known this once the problem had been identified, I would of just started programming the matchmaking code from scratch again like you suggested. I think we would see much better results in the near future had they done this. 

I just got matched with a 2v5 me on the 2. What kind of fucking sense does that make. This game is too damn broken.