CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Hey 343, I'm digging the great hitbox for what's considered a headshot!

https://account.xbox.com/en-us/gameclip/ee7c41c1-11c3-4e14-aaa8-f5dde342246c?gamerTag=Ya%20Boy%20Rolex&scid=77290100-225e-4768-9373-98164430a9f8

(Please excuse my piss poor attempts to show off my noscoping skills and failing at jumps.)

It just penetrated his back and went through his head. The upward angle allows for that. Seemed legit to me.

Every time they solve one problem, they always bring up a new problem. I dont find games any faster, Sometimes the game doesnt load and I always get paired up with a random team and I cant kick them or back out. I have to constantly restart my game. Does 343 read these forums or should I be posting feedback somewhere else?

It just penetrated his back and went through his head. The upward angle allows for that. Seemed legit to me.

makes sense in real life...

but not sense in halo1-4

What is this, Gears of War? I like it then, but not in Halo. May be more realistic, but ehhh

Even then. I went back and looked, the angle looks close, but I wouldn't say it's a headshot. 

I told people that first time I played that map in H2A. Frame drops worse than Far Cry 4.

I honestly don't see how they couldn't manage 60fps solid on all these maps. Is it optimization or does the X1 just suck that bad? The Halo 5 BETA is going to run at 60fps 720p but hopefully they can successfully get that resolution up while keeping 60fps but I guess only time will tell.

The Xbox One is weak. Fact. I've had it since day 1, I've seen its struggles in a lot of games. Titanfall had performance issues at 720ishp. And that was like a source engine game. Should run way better.

People are hopeful that the new version of DirectX and better optimization of the 32 MB esram help close the gap towards 1080p 60fps.

Halo 5 probably won't get there and still be remotely stable. Xbox one can't handle Xbox one-level textures and run at 1080p60. Stonetown is a case in point. Absolutely horrendous.

I love a lot about the Xbox one, but it's just too damn weak, even by today's standards. Idk how it's gonna last 8 or so years.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Every time they solve one problem, they always bring up a new problem. I dont find games any faster, Sometimes the game doesnt load and I always get paired up with a random team and I cant kick them or back out. I have to constantly restart my game. Does 343 read these forums or should I be posting feedback somewhere else?

Quinn posted the other day in the H5 Beta Discussion thread acknowledging feedback, but I haven't seen anything for MCC.. 

Given that many people are saying that they don't really give a shit about this game, I'm not surprised. But it's also possible I didn't see feedback on here. I would love to know if my many posts in here have been seen by 343, but there's no way they're checking the like, 300+ pages that have been created since it's release filled with complaints. Could be wrong though.

Figured I'd try some BTB since everyone was talking about it. Got a 7v7 of Gungoose CTF on Bloodline (dumbest game ever), and one guy on my team who had 3 guests with him were not playing the entire game. After getting wrecked, the game crashed. 

3v7's in a gametype where getting as many bodies to shoot at one person is fun. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

The Xbox One is weak. Fact. I've had it since day 1, I've seen its struggles in a lot of games. Titanfall had performance issues at 720ishp. And that was like a source engine game. Should run way better.

People are hopeful that the new version of DirectX and better optimization of the 32 MB esram help close the gap towards 1080p 60fps.

Halo 5 probably won't get there and still be remotely stable. Xbox one can't handle Xbox one-level textures and run at 1080p60. Stonetown is a case in point. Absolutely horrendous.

I love a lot about the Xbox one, but it's just too damn weak, even by today's standards. Idk how it's gonna last 8 or so years.

Well yeah if you're familiar with computer parts in general you'll immediately realize its more like the Shitbox One rather than a true next gen system in comparison to today's technology standards. MS just doesn't want to release an extremely expensive console and they don't want to lose too much on the console sale expecting to make it all back on the game sales so we're left with mediocre hardware.

Anyone want to run some H1 Customs? Legolas and I are on looking for some more peeps.

Anyone want to run some H1 Customs? Legolas and I are on looking for some more peeps.

I'm gonna pass on Pistol Lottery tonight.

I hope people keep up the customs in CE though.

The people do love some guardian, and I'm fine with that... it's my favourite map in the series and I have to say it doesn't play that badly with AR starts.  Though, I prefer BR starts any day of the week.

I have to strongly disagree here as it has one BR on the map.

When it came to doubles in H3, I genuinely would rather play AR starts on Isolation then AR starts on Guardian.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I added you, but of course knowing how good MCC is I can't join your game lol

How in the first patch that came out they don't solve the issue with a match being 5v5. If 343 knew anything about Halo, they would know that those 2 extra people on the map make a huge difference in the game. I gave it a pass at first but now we are 2 patches in. This game is so fun to play when you are ACTUALLY PLAYING. Once you get out of the lobby and try to maneuver around to join a party or to get in a party chat or to send a message, it is a hassle to do so. I remember having some of the best times of my life playing Halo. 343, do me a favor and don't ruin this experience more than you already have.

I get into a matchmaking game and get transferred into a random custom match with someone who I never played with in my life. This shit is ridiculous. We are coming on a month of this release and this shit is still broken.

Custom games finder CONFIRMED for full release of MCC when the beta ends

• Upvote (+1) 2

Custom games finder CONFIRMED for full release of MCC when the beta ends

Not confirmed until I see red circles

How in the first patch that came out they don't solve the issue with a match being 5v5. If 343 knew anything about Halo, they would know that those 2 extra people on the map make a huge difference in the game.

343 is trying push halo towards 5v5 as the standard (not in competitive settings obviously). I fully expect when (if) this game is fully functioning the only playlists to not feature 5v5 will be Team Doubles/CE doubles, Team Hardcore, HCS and Big Team. Everything else will be 5v5 imo. I also expect the same for Halo 5. Team Slayer, Swat, Objective and whatever else you can think of. 

This whole deal about making the playlists 10 players max to help finding faster games is nonsense, not only does it not make any sense (how does adding more players make search times quicker?) but it's obviously 343 testing 5v5 as the default format for matches.

isn't 5v5 the default in COD? Gears was to first to take the leap, now Halo....sigh

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

343 is trying push halo towards 5v5 as the standard (not in competitive settings obviously). I fully expect when (if) this game is fully functioning the only playlists to not feature 5v5 will be Team Doubles/CE doubles, Team Hardcore, HCS and Big Team. Everything else will be 5v5 imo. I also expect the same for Halo 5. Team Slayer 

This whole deal about making the playlists 10 players max to help finding faster games is nonsense, not only does it not make any sense (how does adding more players make search times quicker?) but it's obviously 343 testing 5v5 as the default format for matches.

isn't 5v5 the default in COD? Gears was to first to take the leap, now Halo....sigh

eyes-illuminati_00374587.gif

• Upvote (+1) 2

10743610_10205297288133072_1637194931_n.

This is madness

utterly ridiculous.

but you know what I really hate about voting on maps in tmcc, the voting system 343 uses. First off, Why are the games in an order of 2, 3, 1? oh..that's right...it's halo 2's anniversary and what better way to make sure ppl play h2a in matchmaking than by making it the first option, it's not like there isn't a dedicated h2a playlist or anything. "Oh that's crazy talk Ak"...is it really? don't forget the most ridiculous part of this new voting system (also used in h4) where if there is a tie, the option closes to the left of the screen wins...every fucking time, compared to halo 3 where the game would generate a random map/gametype combo from the pool in that playlist if there is a tie in vetoing. 

How does two teams vote, thus ending in a tie and a game type is selected, especially when half of that lobby wanted to play something else? lol... remember abusing this terrible system in H4 doubles when slayer pro was the first option by having my teammate vote leaving the other team no chance but to back out or play without radar, regardless if they wanted to or not. 343 is all for fairness and equality.

I HATE the veto system 343 uses.

• Upvote (+1) 5

343 is trying push halo towards 5v5 as the standard (not in competitive settings obviously). I fully expect when (if) this game is fully functioning the only playlists to not feature 5v5 will be Team Doubles/CE doubles, Team Hardcore, HCS and Big Team. Everything else will be 5v5 imo. I also expect the same for Halo 5. Team Slayer, Swat, Objective and whatever else you can think of. 

The Halo 5 BETA is confirmed 4v4 only with 7 maps. 

utterly ridiculous.

but you know what I really hate about voting on maps in tmcc, the voting system 343 uses. First off, Why are the games in an order of 2, 3, 1? oh..that's right...it's halo 2's anniversary and what better way to make sure ppl play h2a in matchmaking than by making it the first option, it's not like there isn't a dedicated h2a playlist or anything. "Oh that's crazy talk Ak"...is it really? don't forget the most ridiculous part of this new voting system (also used in h4) where if there is a tie, the option closes to the left of the screen wins...every fucking time, compared to halo 3 where the game would generate a random map/gametype combo from the pool in that playlist if there is a tie in voting.

How does two teams vote, thus ending in a tie and a game type is selected, especially when half of that lobby wanted to play something else? lol... remember abusing this terrible system in H4 doubles when slayer pro was the first option by having my teammate vote leaving the other team no chance but to back out or play without radar, regardless if they wanted to or not. 343 is all for fairness and equality.

I HATE the veto system 343 uses.

If voting was tied in H3 it kept the same map/gametype. Veto required majority vote.

otherwise yeah, I wish they'd bring back veto instead of voting. Sure you get some bad gametypes here and there but it keeps the playlists fresh by changing things up. Otherwise you get a H4 situation... by which I mean Haven 4. Plus you get that warm tingly feeling when the veto pops up and it's a badass gametype.

I would like to give a big thank you to 343 for allowing me to now find players under 4 mins. This is great that after all these patches you were finally able to do that. Problem is now the game crashes 2/3 times I find a fucking game.

You certainly impressed me 343. I honestly didn't think you could fuck this game up any worse and you proved me wrong.

Top effort!

You certainly impressed me 343. I honestly didn't think you could fuck this game up any worse and you proved me wrong.

The Xbox CLEARLY thinks I did not exit out of the game before shutting the console down, so it loads back up to the most previous menu I was on.

As if I actually loaded the game before shutting it down around five PM... WHICH I DID NOT. More importantly how is the disc even physically intact afterwards?