CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Well duh, but the negativity around here has been so (understandably) bad that some people have been saying the game is too broken to be reasonably fixed in a decent timespan, say 6 months - 1 year, especially with the fact they are still hard at work on Halo 5.

I'm hopeful it'll all be okay though. It just has to be, with the amount I spent to have a reasonable next gen classic Halo experience.

Nobody's willing to wait six months the game should have worked fine on launch. I'd say if its not fixed by the end of December the game will have little to no population. Don't get me wrong I love halo and want nothing more then it to be the top game on xbox again but most people have already lost interest and moved back to what they were playing before. 

Every single game when I am with a party of 2 or more, we have to back out after every single game to stay together.

This is the exact reason why I will not play MCC until it is fixed. 

People are really abusing glitches to get to 40 and there's a guy with a 50. In a game with broken matchmaking where everyone knows the ranks will be reset. People are funny man

This is the exact reason why I will not play MCC until it is fixed. 

I get into a matchmaking game and get transferred into a random custom match with someone who I never played with in my life. This shit is ridiculous. We are coming on a month of this release and this shit is still broken.

Anyone else experiencing problems with fileshare/local files? My HCS maps/gametypes either disappear or the names are changed... For example my 5 flag and 3 flag have the same name...

EDIT: restarted the game, got the Syncing data message at the start and then my gametypes were there

Played the game for the first time today, just loaded up some maps and messed around, not gonna bother with matchmaking.

60fps is buttery fucking smooth

The movement in H3 feels terrible, is 343 aware of this? It's impossible to walk straight. For some reason only in H3 the zone on the stick for the game to register a straight forward movement is tiny. I couldn't get the G1 to G2 jump on Guardian, I don't know if it's because of this or because it's harder in 60 frames.

I really wish you could YY/switch weapons to reload the BR in H2A quicker

343 needs to fix this crap quick, I can't go back to 30fps after this

Played the game for the first time today, just loaded up some maps and messed around, not gonna bother with matchmaking.

60fps is buttery fucking smooth

The movement in H3 feels terrible, is 343 aware of this? It's impossible to walk straight. From some reason only in H3 the zone on the stick for the game to register a straight forward movement is tiny. I couldn't get the G1 to G2 jump on Guardian, I don't know if it's because of this or because it's harder in 60 frames.

I really wish you could YY/switch weapons to reload the BR in H2A quicker

343 needs to fix this crap quick, I can't go back to 30fps after this

I have pulled off gold jump maybe once or twice. I'm honestly not sure if it's down to the ridiculously tiny safe zone for registering a forward move rather than a strafe or 1080p messing up the geometry that allowed it to work. They definitely need to fix it though, along with the sound on headphones.

After playing some Halo: Reach last night 30FPS feels incredibly sluggish to play on and I am glad that 343 and crew went to up the frame rate of every Halo game in MCC.

anyone know how to turn off trigger vibration in halo 3? it doesn't go away even when i disabled vibration in settings

anyone know how to turn off trigger vibration in halo 3? it doesn't go away even when i disabled vibration in settings

There's a separate setting in there, per game I believe, for trigger vibration. 

Turn the rumble triggers off in the Halo 3 controller settings.

• Upvote (+1) 1

After playing some Halo: Reach last night 30FPS feels incredibly sluggish to play on and I am glad that 343 and crew went to up the frame rate of every Halo game in MCC.

Thank god they remade Zanzibar in H2A so we remember what 21 fps feels like.

Keeps things in perspective.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Gearbox is a cancer. That company only really made one good game and they said in interviews that they literally had no idea why it was fun. That's why the sequels aren't nearly as good.

You think MCC is bad? Aliens: Colonial Marines was so bad that they ended up getting sued over it.

Why does that sound familiar?

• Upvote (+1) 1

All the way at the bottom Trigger impulse disable that

• Upvote (+1) 1

Always felt that Zanzibar was a cinematic feeling map. Glad to hear they nailed it down.

I told people that first time I played that map in H2A. Frame drops worse than Far Cry 4.

I honestly don't see how they couldn't manage 60fps solid on all these maps. Is it optimization or does the X1 just suck that bad? The Halo 5 BETA is going to run at 60fps 720p but hopefully they can successfully get that resolution up while keeping 60fps but I guess only time will tell.

• Upvote (+1) 1

May be a dumb question but what's the difference between trigger impulses and just regular controller vibration?

I still can't find any games unless I pull the plug of my freakin' xbox after every match. If I manage to find a match it's uneven teams, just had 2v4 and 1v3. I honestly don't know why I'm still trying.

• Upvote (+1) 1

May be a dumb question but what's the difference between trigger impulses and just regular controller vibration?

trigger impulses are vibrations within the triggers. Controller vibration is when the whole thing vibrates. (someone correct me if im wrong)

• Upvote (+1) 1

There are sepetate vibrators on the trigger.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just got the 'Goat roped' achievent. Most of the stuff was doable with some effort. I got 3 out of 4 of the 'big 4' skips.

The one at the beginning of The Maw I just could not do. Gave it an hour or two of trying and couldn't get past the first jump.

• Upvote (+1) 2