CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Got a game (BR Snowbound) Got excited..

You're probably the first person to ever say this.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I know I've brought this up before, but fucking hell, it's annoying.

All I wanna do is play CE and people are voting for maps like Epitaph over Damnation. Like, maybe I can understand voting for H2 Lockout, Beaver Creek, or even H3 Pit. But Epitaph? Jesus christ. Can't wait till there's a 2v2 CE playlist. Even a 4v4 playlist would be sufficient for now. As long as I get to play CE all the fucking time.

I'm not a CE guy, but from the few customs I've played, I can see how it is such a great game (and apparently it's actually not as good as the OG version). I feel for ya though. That's absurdly frustrating. I loved H3, I think it was a great game, but I would never ever ever vote for Epitaph in MCC (unless all other options were H4). 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm not a CE guy, but from the few customs I've played, I can see how it is such a great game (and apparently it's actually not as good as the OG version). I feel for ya though. That's absurdly frustrating. I loved H3, I think it was a great game, but I would never ever ever vote for Epitaph in MCC (unless all other options were H4). 

The saving grace for playing CE customs is that you only need to find 3 other people who feel the same way instead of 7 :)

Well... and they have to be able to connect to each other...

BUT STILL!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Wow achievement unlocked I guess. Halo made it into the biggest german newspaper because of the shitty launch.   :weback:

http://www.bild.de/spiele/spiele-news/computerspiele/gravierende-qualitaetsmaengel-der-herbst-der-spiele-desaster-assassins-creed-unity-driveclub-halo-38755204.bild.html

Quiet an accomplishment. The article is about the launch issues and that it is a trend that developers uses us(the player) as testers for their (un)finished games.

• Upvote (+1) 3

The saving grace for playing CE customs is that you only need to find 3 other people who feel the same way instead of 7 :)

Well... and they have to be able to connect to each other...

BUT STILL!

AND pray to god that when the game is over, you stay together in the post game lobby so you can start up another right quick :D

Is the friends roster bugged? I have several friends online on mcc but they don't appear in the roster :/

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is the friends roster bugged? I have several friends online on mcc but they don't appear in the roster :/

That's been broke since launch

Yea, the OG version is the best. At least for now. Not sure how much 343 wants to fix. Gearbox really did a fucking number on it. CE when MCC came out was borderline unplayable. But now, it's really fun.

Well, except when you're playing a 3v3 on Prisoner and one of your teammates doesn't understand the spawn system. So they sit up in the Sniper cubby for the entire game and I keep getting rocketed in the same spawn point. Luckily for me, I'm somewhat decent and still went 19-15. I feel sorry for the newbies that get stuck with shitty teammates who don't, at the very least, move around.

CE runs better and I've had less lag lately, game still has the issue with host advantages but seriously the least of the worst so far.

Yea, the OG version is the best. At least for now. Not sure how much 343 wants to fix. Gearbox really did a fucking number on it. CE when MCC came out was borderline unplayable. But now, it's really fun.

Well, except when you're playing a 3v3 on Prisoner and one of your teammates doesn't understand the spawn system. So they sit up in the Sniper cubby for the entire game and I keep getting rocketed in the same spawn point. Luckily for me, I'm somewhat decent and still went 19-15. I feel sorry for the newbies that get stuck with shitty teammates who don't, at the very least, move around.

Yeah, unfortunately I'd probably be the guy you don't like dealing with. I have a blast playing the game, but I don't know spawns, strategies, weapon timing, etc. 

Yeah, unfortunately I'd probably be the guy you don't like dealing with. I have a blast playing the game, but I don't know spawns, strategies, weapon timing, etc. 

Here's the thing, going into matchmaking, I don't care about strategies, weapon timing, or even manipulating the spawn system. I guess on the weapon and powerup times, because it's not that big of a deal. I don't really fuck with the spawn system, although sometimes I'll be nice and try to force spawns or give randoms if I'm in a really bad spot. All that stuff is for serious 2v2 shit. I just go in and have fun because taking it really seriously is pointless when you know you're gonna have to deal with bullshit. But it should be a no brainer that camping in one spot the entire game is detrimental. I doubt you'd be that stupid.

All you really need to know in that playlist is to move around and that you don't really have to know the exact spawn points. All you have to do is look around where some of your opponents have died. Chances are, someone already spawned in around there before they died. Especially on a map like Prisoner.

Here's the thing, going into matchmaking, I don't care about strategies, weapon timing, or even manipulating the spawn system. I guess on the weapon and powerup times, because it's not that big of a deal. I don't really fuck with the spawn system, although sometimes I'll be nice and try to force spawns or give randoms if I'm in a really bad spot. All that stuff is for serious 2v2 shit. I just go in and have fun because taking it really seriously is pointless when you know you're gonna have to deal with bullshit. But it should be a no brainer that camping in one spot the entire game is detrimental. I doubt you'd be that stupid.

No, I don't like to play that kind of Halo anyway. I like to play smart and be a nuisance to the other team. Get in their face, kill/mess with them and gtfo :D

I noticed that most of the time it just simply doesn't show people who aren't joinable.

Yea, the OG version is the best. At least for now. Not sure how much 343 wants to fix. Gearbox really did a fucking number on it.

Gearbox is a cancer. That company only really made one good game and they said in interviews that they literally had no idea why it was fun. That's why the sequels aren't nearly as good.

You think MCC is bad? Aliens: Colonial Marines was so bad that they ended up getting sued over it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I pretty much only search solo, but the newest patch really has made a noticeable difference. I find games within 1 minute now, and they are even teams 90% of the time.

Maybe this game really can be completely fixed.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I pretty much only search solo, but the newest patch really has made a noticeable difference. I find games within 1 minute now, and they are even teams 90% of the time.

Maybe this game really can be completely fixed.

It's programming, of course it could be fixed, just the matter of time.

fixed as in - as it was intended to be

It's programming, of course it could be fixed, just the matter of time.

fixed as in - as it was intended to be

Well duh, but the negativity around here has been so (understandably) bad that some people have been saying the game is too broken to be reasonably fixed in a decent timespan, say 6 months - 1 year, especially with the fact they are still hard at work on Halo 5.

I'm hopeful it'll all be okay though. It just has to be, with the amount I spent to have a reasonable next gen classic Halo experience.

Well, I was finding games quite regularly today, but still the odd uneven teams, and a whole host of bugs and crashes. Stuff like being stuck in post game lobby screens and other annoying "leaving matchmaking" popups etc. I still get the bug where you vote for a map and it boots you straight back to the lobby. Also, got thrown into a custom game lobby when I found 6 other people in MM which is new.

All in all, 1 step forward, 2 steps back.