CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

My point being that you're discouraging people reporting improvements. That's neither constructive nor needed at this point.

Repetition is constructive?  News to me.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Man thats messed up, they shouldnt be working on Thanksgiving regardless of whats going on with this game. Black Friday? By all means.

Yea idk if it's voluntary or the higher ups forcing them to work. If its the latter then yea it's pretty messed up. 

To all the people still pissed off at specifically this patch for not working.  There will most likely be consistent patches for the next few weeks or months.  No one patch is going to fix everything and it will be a slow process to get everything working.   If you can't handle getting patches and stuff still not working correctly just give it a break and come back in a month.   I'm willing to bet it will be at least 3-4 more patches before even teams and consistent party lobbies that aren't split work 99% of the time.

I'm not the type of guy that intentionally clouds his foresight over emotional bullshit, but the reality is that the problem is now, with no absolute fixes in sight. We've already lost our faith that an update will realistically mean anything because it's clear that they're still identifying the underlying issues with the game (which means that even the forecast of future updates will not change our outlook any simply because we'll assume a probability of the game remaining broken after each patch).

Not to mention that this isn't even really a "game" per se. Oh, sure, they changed a bunch of things on the Halo 4 engine to make it look sort of like Halo 2 and then did a bunch of technical mumbo jumbo to bring the graphics quality of each game up to speed (not to mention some netcode improvements here and there), but the actual game being built at this time is Halo 5. As long as the possibility exists that the MCC will be put on the back burner for the sake of promoting the new game, people aren't going to be content with the possibility of patches that may or may not fix the game to the state that it should be. And by the time the game is fixed, it will already be too late: the majority of people will have moved on and even if Halo 5 is a clusterfuck, the MCC won't regain any semblance of the population that it would have had had it functioned correctly from day one.

Repetition is constructive? News to me.

Oh, sarcasm; much more helpful, GG.

Knowing the EXTENT of the improvements, if any, is helpful.

Repetition? You mean like people bitching endlessly about problems that have existed and have been well documented for 2 weeks now? Or better yet, people bitching about people not bitching about said issues? Even better, good on ya...

• Upvote (+1) 3

How do you turn them on? It's still the same for me.

they are very quiet now, at first I thought I was just hearing things, but then I realized the sound is just really quiet

It wouldn't be so maddening if people didn't fly across the globe to celebrate this collection, only to feel disappointment and witness their friends' frustration.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Oh, sarcasm; much more helpful, GG.

Knowing the EXTENT of the improvements, if any, is helpful.

Repetition? You mean like people bitching endlessly about problems that have existed and have been well documented for 2 weeks now? Or better yet, people bitching about people not bitching about said issues? Even better, good on ya...

Wasnt being sarcastic and also never said that the continual bitching was constructive either - but correct me if I am wrong. Feel free to PM me if you feel this needs to continue.

Yea idk if it's voluntary or the higher ups forcing them to work. If its the latter then yea it's pretty messed up. 

It has to be voluntary. You can get into legal trouble by forcing a full-time employee to work on a holiday like Thanksgiving, and you can bet a company like Microsoft follows those rules closely since the bigger they are, they harder they are fined. We can say what we want about 343's decisions, but they are passionate people. Them working to fix their game on Thanksgiving isn't too out of the ordinary.

• Upvote (+1) 3

It has to be voluntary. You can get into legal trouble by forcing a full-time employee to work on a holiday like Thanksgiving, and you can bet a company like Microsoft follows those rules closely since the bigger they are, they harder they are fined. We can say what we want about 343's decisions, but they are passionate people. Them working to fix their game on Thanksgiving isn't too out of the ordinary.

Well I'll definitely admit some are passionate lol.

Imagine if real life would be like this... You buy new glasses to fix your vision, you end up deaf. You put on a band-aid on your wound, you get diarrhea. You take sirup for your cough, you get cancer. 343i water you doing

• Upvote (+1) 3

they are very quiet now, at first I thought I was just hearing things, but then I realized the sound is just really quiet

Yeah, I can kind of hear it. But with all the other sounds in the game over powering the ping noise it becomes a non factor 

Do you mind posting the text here? Im at work, cant get to the site.

The next time you log into Halo: The Master Chief Collection, you will be prompted to download the latest content update, which is 523 MB. This particular content update addresses a number of matchmaking issues, fixes various bugs related to UI and the party system, and also improves overall stability. While this update contains a variety of improvements, we continue to work on additional content updates that will be rolled out to address further issues that you have called out. Below, you’ll find a summary of the updates that are included in today’s update.

Matchmaking

Made improvements to the way the matchmaking system handles player matching

Made improvements to the team selection process to improve team balancing

Made an update to the party system to improve searching with parties (2+ players)

Made further improvements to how matchmaking progress is communicated to the player

Made an update to ensure that players do not enter a non-joinable state after searching for a match

Made an update to ensure that the “Game Session” UI does not persist after leaving a matchmaking lobby

Resolved a variety of incorrectly displayed matchmaking prompts

Improved matchmaking roster presentation during team creation phase to remove roster flickering

Corrected a “connecting to host” message that incorrectly displayed during the matchmaking searching phase

Made an update to ensure that FFA players do not appear as if they are on the red team in the pre-game lobby

Party, Lobby, and Custom Games

Made an update to ensure that custom game settings persist between matches

Made an update to ensure that player’s player emblems load correctly when returning to lobby

Made an update to improve nameplate and emblem display

Improved the display of emblems in the “Games Session Details” screen

Made improvements to parties to ensure that parties are merged when the host joins another player and “brings party”

Made an update to improve party stability after completing a matchmaking game

Made an update to ensure that players are joinable after playing a matchmaking game

Stability

Made a variety of updates to improve UI stability

Resolved stability issues that occurred while viewing medals in “Player Details”

Made an update to prevent stability issues caused by controller disconnects

Made an update to improve post-game-carnage-report stability

Made an update to address in-game stability for Halo 2

Improved matchmaking stability while searching with parties (2+ players)

Addressed a crash that could occur after searching in the Halo 2: Anniversary Rumble playlist

Resolved a variety of miscellaneous stability issues to improve overall performance

Achievements

Made an update to ensure that the “Zealot” achievement is unlockable

As mentioned earlier this week, we have additional updates on the way in an effort to further improve your experience with Halo: The Master Chief Collection. We thank you for your continued feedback, patience, and support.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Notice how none of them say "we completely fixed this". They are updating it. Never promised a complete fix.

• Upvote (+1) 1

To players with fast connection and have already downloaded the patch, any update, faster matchmaking times? Even teams? thanks

Hopped on to check out the update...  8 player match.  5 v 3 ---> turn off xbox.  WHAT THE FUCK

• Upvote (+1) 1

stock-photo-a-kid-on-the-window-waiting-

Timmy is waiting for his dad to come home for thanksgiving. Timmy's dad works for 343. Timmy's dad is never coming home. Poor Timmy.

56616563.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1