CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

how is that inaccurate? the reticle is on him, why would it miss? it would be a headshot in h1/h3 as well if the guy didn't move. and I'll say it again, in any hitscan game a red reticle means the shot WILL CONNECT. so if you're aiming above the person, the shot can only be pulled towards the head

Word, just thought it was odd how it connects to the head, of all places.

I managed to get quite a few games today. This game is amazing when it works!

Hopefully this weekend's update gets the game right around where it needs to be... I quickly took a disliking to 5v5 and 10 player FFA's though. Hoping that it adjusted soon as well, back to 4v4 - 8 player max.

This shouldnt baffle me, but it does. Halo 1 is an awful experience in MCC unless you're hosting customs, then you're god. The offhost experience is a mess. I guess if you've never played a Halo with such a quick potential kill time it would be a cool thing, but it just flat out doesnt work half of the time.

if 343 had bothered to get halo CE correct and give it a couple playlists, I think you'd see a pretty big shift in how people who previously talked down about the game viewed it.

It surprised me at first too until I realized that even with the shitty netcode and other issues in the game on MCC that I have more fun playing this messed up version of Halo 1 than I have had playing any game that works properly since 2007.

Just matched a guy with a level 41. Lol

1f76951c_67f3_4fad_9c66_0d501eeab67c.jpg

Also funny that he is matching such low levels. Probably will be fixed. But damn how did he have the patience to do this?

I thought it was hard to get to 50?especially with all the 3v4. 4v5...

I could find games all morning and afternoon. but i haven't found a match in ranked mm for two hours now. :(

I thought it was hard to get to 50?especially with all the 3v4. 4v5...

He could have abused the glitch and didn't get reset

Guess I spoke too soon, my fiancée is now playing through the h2 campaign. I think it's time to call it quits.

I just got a 523MB update for MCC, did I miss something?

Just got one too.

They did say an update was to go out sometime later this week. I assume this is it

Edit:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Just got one too.

They did say an update was to go out sometime later this week. I assume this is it

Yeah, I just assumed they meant Friday or Saturday, but if this is it, I'll take it, unless it breaks more shit.

I hear you get some input lag when using an hdmi to av converter, can you confirm this?

I haven't noticed any, but I'm not a competitive player, so it's possible that it's there but it just doesn't bother me.

I'm using an HDFury2 to convert HDMI to component (it's got HDCP support so Blu-ray works), then an AV Tool 3190HD to convert component to S-Video (and letterbox the image for my 4:3 screen). The latter device is also available as the Audio Authority 1361.

I'm also using a controller cable, of course...

Has anyone had a single game on dedicated servers?  I mean they are one of the main reason I bought the game and I haven't had a single match on one.  I haven't played a match of MCC for 4 days now... never thought this would happen.

I do know that about a week ago I somehow managed a 4v4 lag-free Colossus Snipers match that was the best Halo I've played since the Halo 3 days...but maybe everyone just had great connections.

No patch notes yet either.. weird.  Patch notes plz!

They probably have no idea what is fixed and what was made worse.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Probably don't want to look bad when patch doesn't work as advertised... again

This

I'm using an HDFury2 to convert HDMI to component (it's got HDCP support so Blu-ray works), then an AV Tool 3190HD to convert component to S-Video (and letterbox the image for my 4:3 screen). The latter device is also available as the Audio Authority 1361.

Wish I would have known you were looking for one, I would have sold you mine for a decent price. Unfortunately you can't resell them on eBay/Amazon (I think because of the HDCP support) so I'm stuck with it for now. I had a old HDTV that didn't have HDMI and just upgraded a few weeks ago. I'm curious, how did you find out about HDFury? I looked for weeks and was told at least two dozen times that HDMI > HD is impossible until I randomly stumbled upon the company after a Google search.

When you finish a game it say "game over" instead of "match incomplete" lets fucking go we back for real this time.

Halo 5 Beta tab is unlocked. Sends you to the Halo Channel, shows you the new H2A Epilogue with Locke then sends you to the Xbox Store with an error