CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

You call Xbox Support and they say that theyre rolling out a fix "Early December" I know that they dont know anything for the most part but December 1st is a bit extreme.

Yep release a "fix" that does nothing again.

I also saw a lot of people praising the UI for this game. As a designer (and developer), I have to tell you: it's shit.

Destiny's UI is definitely sexier. The multiplayer for Destiny is shite, and it's a grind-fest, but I still have more fun playing it and it's definitely got a much nicer, more modern looking UI.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I also saw a lot of people praising the UI for this game. As a designer (and developer), I have to tell you: it's shit.

It'd be a lot better if it weren't so image-heavy. How many freaking example screencaps do we need?

Destiny's UI is definitely sexier. The multiplayer for Destiny is shite, and it's a grind-fest, but I still have more fun playing it and it's definitely got a much nicer, more modern looking UI.

I disagree completely. The UI in Destiny may look pretty but I really don't like navigating with a cursor on a console. Also the MCC menu is very easy to navigate, it may not be the prettiest thing but it runs circles around Halo 4, and manages to bind together 4 games very well. 

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Aaaand my rank just reset AGAIN.

Third time. 343 are idiots. Period.

I no longer wish to work there as I did pre-MCC.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 3

I disagree completely. The UI in Destiny may look pretty but I really don't like navigating with a cursor on a console. Also the MCC menu is very easy to navigate, it may not be the prettiest thing but it runs circles around Halo 4, and manages to bind together 4 games very well.

Agree to disagree. UX in MCC is atrocious. UI is also busy, ugly, and unresponsive in a lot of ways (try back out of a search quickly; it won't register your left-directional input for the first second or so).

I could make something better in an hour, and that's saying a lot.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 3

I also agree the UI is bad, although better than 4's. You can barley even read people's names on the player cards and the text in general is very light--it's like they didn't use the equivalent of vector graphics for text.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

They were going to reset it anyway when/if they fix the game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I agree about text being too small/hard to read. I think the player cards having a gradiant is one of the issues there.

I wouldn't worry about ranks at this point. If they can ever get MM to where it works almost as well as the other Halo games, they will most likely reset all ranks, visible and invisible, and start over with a clean slate. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think the layout of the UI in MCC is actually pretty damn good. They went back to the list of players instead of that stupid fucking card system they had in Halo 4. The drop-down menus for navigating are pretty intuitive and you can easily see what choices you have to go to and what main menu you're in. It's hard to explain but they just seem to make sense. Except for team switching in customs/forge and bugs I love MCC's UI. 

Also the cursor on Destiny does feel nice, but it definitely takes longer to navigate around. There's no arguing that.  

We deserve a HANDWRITTEN apology, with pen and no hiding errors too.

I can't up and return this Xbox at the moment along with the game, too much in finances going as it is. I'm just not going to pay for First Party titles for a LONG while.

GTA V here I come... This Christmas month.

I don't care about excuses and apologies.

I care about actions and things just working.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't care about excuses and apologies.

I care about actions and things just working.

Let's hope something also was done about that disgusting example of "customer service".

So yeah I finally get in a game - halo 3 on snowbound, I pick up the spartan laser and get a 3 for 1 laser.

Totally off topic but I nearly **** my pants when it happened.

• Upvote (+1) 2

So yeah I finally get in a game - halo 3 on snowbound, I pick up the spartan laser and get a 3 for 1 laser.

Totally off topic but I nearly **** my pants when it happened.

104797-Key-and-Peele-NOICE-gif-Imgur-PGz

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I once got stuck in the map geometry of Ascension attempting the super jump... And survived.

Got to walk around beneath the playable area, and fall without dying.