CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

So I played for the first time since about Tuesday night, which is when my rank got reset from 7 to 1 just for quitting a search and restarting.

First match today was found in less than 2 mins (good), was even 4v4 (great), but teams were obviously not evenly skilled because 2 mins into the game the opposing team had 20 kills, my team had 6 (bad).

Now I'm not the best Halo player BY FAR, but I'm not so bad that, when teamed against an equally skilled team, I'll struggle to get TWO DAMN KILLS.

My hope is that it's just temporary not only because matchmaking is still mostly broken, but because ranks are as well and thus I'm not always being matched against people I otherwise should be. That and the connection was terrible: 9 shots average to kill someone mid range. I mean come on...

Ranks will hopefully help this, 343 should punish aka 15-45mins Ban. I doubt this will happen now. 

My only requirement for that is if the game only punishes the first player to quit from each team in a 4v4.  It's no fun playing 3v4 or even worse, especially when everyone is good

Ah, thank you. Do you recommend doing it on Legendary or?

It is a must to do it on legendary without skulls. You could probably get away with doing it on heroic with skulls on though. I should mention that I played through CE's campaign once already on legendary right before I attempted the par scores(as well as a huge amount of times throughout the past 10 years) so I was well prepared on how to handle the campaign which probably led to it being a lot easier for me to achieve par score.

• Upvote (+1) 1

My only requirement for that is if the game only punishes the first player to quit from each team in a 4v4. It's no fun playing 3v4 or even worse, especially when everyone is good

That's not a solid criteria: what if someone on your team is constantly jumping off the map? Don't know about you but I quit those games. I'll stick around for a bit, but not for long. Same if 1 or more persons are AFC.

Ranks will hopefully help this, 343 should punish aka 15-45mins Ban. I doubt this will happen now.

Won't happen anytime soon unfortunately since all of the disconnects, the time it takes people to find matches, and the shitty lag there's no way they're going to add bans for a while.

Second match of the day: team loses 25 to 50.

Mostly because one person on my team quit, but also because my team was shit compared to the other. Ranks for mine were 1, 1, 2 and 3. Other team was 3, 3, 6, and 7.

Really? Couldn't split these people up a bit more evenly? Fuuuuck.

Customs are boring. We want a working ranked matchmaking.

Customs aren't boring if you get a full party of your friends and have somewhat similar skill.

Getting everybody one on at once to run full customs on the other hand....

Customs aren't boring if you get a full party of your friends and have somewhat similar skill.

once they get the dedicated servers and matchmaking fixed i'll never go to customs unless its like infection or w.e  

The most annoying thing is that people dont even get on for customs anymore and they work. 

Add me: Lucky 7Evans

we've been playing customs everyday since the game was released

I'm saying though. Customs can easily lead to a better experience than MatchMaking

Third game. We win, barely, but at least 4 people in the game were in England *headdesk*

Amazing.

Just played a game 4v5 in my favour and we still lost thanks to a guy with no kills -_-

Seriously this is why I pretty much gave up upon seeing the Halo 5 beta. They ignored what we asked for and have botched the MCC release so in-comprehensively badly that i just don't have faith in them as a studio anymore.

Blizzard have taken a game I used to love, destroyed it and now they have brought back what everyone loved about it. Not only is Warlords of Draenor a huge success, but it also had MASSIVE issues at launch.

Look at the Executive Producers letter to the community:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15269759060

Not only do we get free gametime, but you can tell it's genuine. Compare this to 343. I seriously hope they take a page out of Blizzards book. WoW now has the largest amount of subscribers since 2007 because they have made the game more like it used to be, unlike what 343 are doing with Halo 5.  

• Upvote (+1) 3

Just played a game 4v5 in my favour and we still lost thanks to a guy with no kills -_-

Carried a team for 37 kills and it still wasn't enough :(

Hey, at least you all are finding games. At his point, IDC if its 3v4 or 4v5. I just want to play the game I spent my money on. 

On top of that there are several issues that will not get fixed because the game has launched and at this point 343 is just trying to get the big stuff fixed.

This is what worries me. They should push back the Halo 5 beta and spend a couple of months getting MCC right. I have no idea if they use the same dev resources, but it can't hurt.

Giving the game until Dec 1st before I return the $1,000+ xbox products I bought for this release.

I don't even think I can return my console at this point. Got the Sunset Overdrive bundle, gave the game code to my little brother. Now I think I'm stuck with a $350 desk decoration and $60 beer coaster.