CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

It would be a lot easier if the devs had learned anything from the past 10 years and figured out that automatic starts just don't work and make matches almost impossible to turn around once one team establishes map control.

Combine that with the uneven teams and it's a lost cause. Had a 4v3 and one teammate quit for a 4v2 on H2C Ascension. They got all the power weapons, had BR's and snipe tower control. No point in even trying.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ouch. I haven't bought the MCC too, but I wouldn't put it like that. 

For a few days, I noticed that @bsangel was responding to a lot of complaints on twitter about MCC and it appears she has stopped. Not one tweet to the people since the 20th. https://twitter.com/bsangel/with_replies

To be fair, that's not her job any more. She passed on the Community Manager spot to Bravo earlier in the year.

It would be a lot easier if the devs had learned anything from the past 10 years and figured out that automatic starts just don't work and make matches almost impossible to turn around once one team establishes map control.

What you said is all true, but wasn't relevant in my case as all matches were actually BR starts. Granted, no one voted for Objective because there was no guarantee in BR starts.

Though like you said, once a team establishes map control and if they happen to be significantly better than you it is almost impossible to turn the game around. Without ranks, this situation happens a lot. Then, people start quitting (happen 3-4 times now) and the situation gets worst

Combine that with the uneven teams and it's a lost cause. Had a 4v3 and one teammate quit for a 4v2 on H2C Ascension. They got all the power weapons, had BR's and snipe tower control. No point in even trying.

Result of no ranks as well. Viva 2014 where we cannot compute a ranking algorithm...

Got 1 game in 2 hours. I can only find games when I search with other people. Other than that I won't get games. What a waste of 2 hours of my life.

If this game will ever be fixed it will be glorious. 

To be fair, that's not her job any more. She passed on the Community Manager spot to Bravo earlier in the year.

I see. Wasn't aware of that. 

Apparently Smash Bros for Wii U had a great launch with a very smooth online experience.

God. Damn. It. And here I am in day 11 of MCC and I have constant uneven teams, game crashes, and horrible bugs.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Going in solo last night I got about 8 games after searching 5 minutes for each one, a slight improvement. However, after that it started to take about 20 minutes to find a match. Uneven teams are still a huge problem, I love how the scrubs will pick an objective game when they see they have more people than the other team.

They need a playlist for each game in slayer, why did they even make it that you choose between each one? There should be a slayer playlist for Halo CE, Halo 2, & Halo 3. Halo 4 shouldn't even be in the MCC, I bet that dumb game is causing most of the problems since it's the only one 343 made and the other 3 Bungie made.

Wish there was a way to get all the people in the community playing customs together until this is worked out. The people finder and custom thread really isn't that active and hasn't been doing the job for me.

Question though since I'm new to the Xbone... you can have people added that don't have you added back and how do you tell if you're a mutual friend?

Apparently we are getting "compensation" from 343 sometime next week. Potentially monetary.

But I'd like to actually see it. We've been hearing so many words but not seeing much action.

Wish there was a way to get all the people in the community playing customs together until this is worked out. The people finder and custom thread really isn't that active and hasn't been doing the job for me.

Question though since I'm new to the Xbone... you can have people added that don't have you added back and how do you tell if you're a mutual friend?

You don't really add them so to speak. The Xbox One uses a follower system. 

You follow someone and you can see them when they sign in, etc 

The other person is notified that you followed them but they don't have to follow you back

If the other person choose to follow you back then you essentially become friends like the Xbox 360. 

If you want to see your followers, there should be an option for that in the Friends app - if someone you are following is following you back - you're friends.

Apparently we are getting "compensation" from 343 sometime next week. Potentially monetary.

But I'd like to actually see it. We've been hearing so many words but not seeing much action.

Hope you like a free armour piece in Halo 5: Guardians :/

• Upvote (+1) 5

I couldn't even keep friends together in customs last night TBH. Its so hard just to play with friends. That's what's killing the game for me.

Halo and Xbox was glorious 10 years ago with Halo 2 and original Xbox. Can't believe we could have such a smooth matchmaking experience then and total shit now. Crazy how each Xbox gets slower and slower too. Original Xbox I could pull up my friends list on Halo 2 instantly, on Xbox 360 it takes a couple of seconds to do that and to pull up my friends list on Xbox One it takes even longer than the 360. Isn't technology supposed to get better, not worse? So who is more incompetent, Microsoft or 343? They're like a match made in heaven.

• Upvote (+1) 2

So I started playing Halo with Halo 2 at age 10. Never played H: CE multiplayer until MCC. But after playing Wizard 1v1s, 2v2s on Prisoner, Hang 'Em High, and Dere, I think this shit might be my favorite. There's just something about it that I can't put my finger on that puts CE above the rest. I bought this game for H2C, but now I feel like for the majority of my time on MCC, I'll be playing CE.

• Upvote (+1) 8

The compensation thing came from a chat support rep. I really wish people would stop "reporting" their conversations with them to serve as proof of anything because they literally know less about the situation than we do.

Honestly i dont want any compensation, refund or whatever, i just want them to fix it untill it works. I dont care if it takes 2 more weeks or a month or even longer,... all i want is a game that works without bugs AND a halo 1 playlist.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Halo and Xbox was glorious 10 years ago with Halo 2 and original Xbox. Can't believe we could have such a smooth matchmaking experience then and total shit now. Crazy how each Xbox gets slower and slower too. Original Xbox I could pull up my friends list on Halo 2 instantly, on Xbox 360 it takes a couple of seconds to do that and to pull up my friends list on Xbox One it takes even longer than the 360. Isn't technology supposed to get better, not worse? So who is more incompetent, Microsoft or 343? They're like a match made in heaven.

Change primary DNS to 8.8.8.8 and secondary DNS to 8.8.4.4. it worked wonders for me.

If your friends list is taking a long time to load it's because your ISPs DNS is super slow, so try using Google's instead.

This max player 10 thing is ridiculous. I'm consistently finding games of 8 quickly in h2a right now, but of course the game waits for 1 more person to join so it can be 5v4.

WTF!

• Upvote (+1) 8

This max player 10 thing is ridiculous. I'm consistently finding games of 8 quickly in h2a right now, but of course the game waits for 1 more person to join so it can be 5v4.

WTF!

I feel like the max player 10 thing is one of the biggest things hurting the game now. The last 2 nights I've been lucky in getting games with little wait time, but about 50% it's been mismatched teams.

I really fear for the longevity of this game.

http://imgur.com/a/aLrkS

goodmorning

Yo that shit makes me heated. I didn't even have to go through it but damn.

been finding games ok.  atleast in h2a.  games arent being played on dedicated servers rigth?  

This also makes me mad. 343i said we would have dedicated servers, "not dedicated servers sometimes and p2p when they don't work".

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1