CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Last night when Halo 2 Classic was temporarily 8 players, I was finding even matched teams every single time. The wait time still sucked, but at least the games were even.

I have no clue why they brought it back to 10 players and with all of the problems that brings.

The way the matchmaking seems to work is that it finds as many players as it can, gives up at a set amount of time and just launches the game with those players. Why? Why does it do this? Who thought this was a good idea?

Oh and that last update that 343 just gave doesn't give us a timeframe of the next update, which is my biggest worry. Next week is going to be a bust because of Thanksgiving and then we only have a few weeks before Christmas and New Years. I can't believe that this game might still be broke in 2015.

That update is not satisfactory to me. The language still drastically downplays what's going on, and that's not cool.

I want Frankie to come in here and answer to akademik, Droid, and all the other people that would give them the shit they deserve.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

6v2 Team BRs on Heretic. I would rather wait an additional 5 minutes if it means balanced teams, come on 343.

Edit: Nope. Game quit out.

I really hope H5 tanks and 343 goes bust.  Just about the only thing they deserve at this point.

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I little tip here (just the tip ;)) and I don't know if this has been shared but I'll just say it to say it.

When you are unable to find games (I was searching for 2 hours), disconnect your power supply from your xbox and from the wall outlet. Let it sit for 10+ sec to reset, while this also disconnects your xbox from the 343 servers. Reconnect and your connection to 343 servers should be reset. So far this has really worked for me and allowed me to connect to games in under 1 minute.

I really hope H5 tanks and 343 goes bust.  Just about the only thing they deserve at this point.

Sorry, accidently negged

WHATS THE POINT OF FUCKING IMPROVING MATCHMAKING TIMES IF EVERY GAME IS UNEVEN TEAMS

there is a word in the dictionary to describe this level of thinking and decision making by 343....it starts with the letter R and it's blocked on this site...

It couldn't get any worse tbh. 

uttered by many when they made halo 4

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've had some OT posts here, I'll cut em down but here's another one for now.

I wish 343 would just develop their own version of a competitive shooter. They're already taking Halo into their vision.. but I would just rather seem them take all these elements their grabbing and balance them within another shooter than force them into Halo.

It seems like the game is crashing more and more for people, or am I seeing things?

I figure by the time they fix this, if there is anyone left to play, I'd be able to get the game for <$30 and if it keeps up the XB1 will have to drop it's price at least $100. Even then I'm still not sure it's worth it. How in the Wii U and PS4 looking nowadays?

How in the Wii U and PS4 looking nowadays?

They don't have one of the biggest launch debacles in their lineup so go ahead and enjoy them if you have them.

I really wish I had a Wii U at the moment.

I've had some OT posts here, I'll cut em down but here's another one for now.

I wish 343 would just develop their own version of a competitive shooter. They're already taking Halo into their vision.. but I would just rather seem them take all these elements their grabbing and balance them within another shooter than force them into Halo.

Game wouldn't sell imagine if 343 shipped h4 without halo in the title

• Upvote (+1) 1

They don't have one of the biggest launch debacles in their lineup so go ahead and enjoy them if you have them.

I really wish I had a Wii U at the moment.

PS4's Driveclub's launch was a disaster as well. The WiiU is winning, by far, in launches.

This whole thing feels like having your kid in the ICU and the doctors won't tell you how the kid is doing and they don't show any indication of knowing what they're doing. You're paying money for the operation and you expect a working kid you know and love as the end product of the transaction. All these "Halo is like a steak" analogies are trash because we LOVE Halo. Nobody here gives a shit about a bad restaurant experience they had years back but in the future we'll always remember when Halo was ruined, to our grave. Fix my fucking baby 343 or give it to people who are competent enough.

• Upvote (+1) 4

If they aren't going to give us another patch until December which I think may happen after reading that update, then at least put the max players back to normal. A lot of people aren't going to deal with uneven teams for another week or two.

And yet somehow, 343 made Reach and H4 sound good. Fuck this 2 minute rant video it is.

Your sig is hilarious

I little tip here (just the tip ;)) and I don't know if this has been shared but I'll just say it to say it.

When you are unable to find games (I was searching for 2 hours), disconnect your power supply from your xbox and from the wall outlet. Let it sit for 10+ sec to reset, while this also disconnects your xbox from the 343 servers. Reconnect and your connection to 343 servers should be reset. So far this has really worked for me and allowed me to connect to games in under 1 minute.

If that doesn't work try flipping the main circuit breaker on your house, while the power is out pack up your Xbox into its original retail box. Head back to the basement and flip the breaker back on. Then you can unbox you console and set it up again.

I've been doing this and getting even matches of team BRs.

• Upvote (+1) 8

And on top of all of this, Halo 5 isn't look promising.

but Greenskull loves it!

Case in point.

If I was 343, I would give him the exclusive coverage too. It's the only person you're going to find that will find that enjoyable.

• Upvote (+1) 3