CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Instead of Frankie saying the guy may or may not be real how about we get an explanation from him? I'm tired of getting jerked around with the only official thing we have heard is "sorry we're working on it you guys deserve better". We bought the damm game I think we deserve an explanation of how they managed to fuck this launch up so badly. 

Searching4dayz

And LOL at everyone who blindly believes Frankie and everything that he says.

Blind belief is always a bad idea, but I'd say it's certainly easier to trust him over a throwaway reddit account (with a typo in the name, no less). That's another level of blind.

Shame. Wouldn't have minded him asking how much crack 343 get's through on a daily basis since Halo 5's early development. 

343 needs to come out and go into detail on what the problems are with the game/patch and what is going to be done going forward. It's been almost 24 hours since the patch went live. None of this "we know what the problem is now for sure guys" stuff. We should know what exactly is broken with the game, why the patch didn't fix it and what they plan to do now.

• Upvote (+1) 2

OK I just tried CE and why is everything about aiming so broken? The pistol still has a lot of spread even when you don't hold the trigger down? And the way the reticle connects to people has something weird about it... can't explain it, but it feels unusual.

Blind belief is always a bad idea, but I'd say it's certainly easier to trust him over a throwaway reddit account (with a typo in the name, no less). That's another level of blind.

I agree with that but the mods verified it. I trust EagleBurn more than Frankie.

On another note, I can't find a single game and all of my friends are in Matchmaking :/ MCC saving my engagement one failed connection at a time.

• Upvote (+1) 1

OK I just tried CE and why is everything about aiming so broken? The pistol still has a lot of spread even when you don't hold the trigger down? And the way the reticle connects to people has something weird about it... can't explain it, but it feels unusual.

Not having that hit indicator really does shine the light on the problem more doesn't it?

I don't know how MS would even let 343 release this game how it is, this will only lose them players to Sony.

The little I played of it before I stopped in disgust I noticed there was random glitch where my reticle would actually be forced away from my opponent when i tried to aim at him. Like trying to force two magnets together. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Well I played Pillar of Autumn last night, talked to Captain Keyes to get my "death pistol," walked out of the bride to engage the three grunts, only to find out that I didn't actually have a pistol. Needless to say in the 50+ times i have played pillar of Autumn, I have never seen that glitch before (my friend also experienced this).

Then later in the day, I was playing Keyes, and I died with a pistol/shotgun weapon combo, only to respawn with an AR and shotgun. I realize that 343i is exclusively focused on fixing MM, but there are so many other bugs in this game, it is mind boggling. They could probably patch this game for the net year, and not fix all the problems.

Are you serious? Both of those things are in the original game. The first even is a known speed run tactic so why patch it out?

Are you serious? Both of those things are in the original game. The first even is a known speed run tactic so why patch it out?

his username gives him away a bit.

I don't know how MS would even let 343 release this game how it is, this will only lose them players to Sony.

If I had to guess, its because they already lost players to Sony since the next-gen announcement/launch. 

Any official word from 343i yet? Been too quiet after the patch for my liking.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not having that hit indicator really does shine the light on the problem more doesn't it?

It's not even that. I'm used to having to lead my shots, shield flicker and other confusing bullshit, but something's just off in how it works.

The little I played of it before I stopped in disgust I noticed there was random glitch where my reticle would actually be forced away from my opponent when i tried to aim at him. Like trying to force two magnets together. 

Now that's an accurate description of what it's like...

This with the constant p2p connection makes it so hard to play.

I can't help but feel completely deflated with Halo at the moment. Bought an Xbox One purely to play this and it's just a total shambles. I don't know how they messed this up so bad. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

343 needs to come out and go into detail on what the problems are with the game/patch and what is going to be done going forward. It's been almost 24 hours since the patch went live. None of this "we know what the problem is now for sure guys" stuff. We should know what exactly is broken with the game, why the patch didn't fix it and what they plan to do now.

If they could do that and give a realistic estimate when they could get it fixed then I would still not be happy but atleast we'd know something. Even if it turns out they need another month, it's better to just get it over with and tell us rather then releasing a new useless patch every couple of days.

Apparently 343 put a hold on digital refunds at some point. Not sure if it was rescinded or not, but I found this on Reddit. A guy said his refund was denied by the developer, not MS. But that's just this shitty MS support guy talking.

xQfiID4.jpg

This is why you dispute the charge with your bank/credit union.  I got my refund for the game.  I highly doubt you could get a refund for the system though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This with the constant p2p connection makes it so hard to play.

Is Matchmaking really still P2P? I thought it had been fixed with the removal of built-in host booting.