CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Almost 1.1 million thread views. 29.2k posts.

the world record for most posts on a single forum thread is: 121,234

Can we break the world record?

Lets go boys!

In the midst of all this, I feel bad and happy for beyond at the same time. The traffic is probably nice and hopefully the ad revenue is boosting but goddamn I bet it's rough. I'm glad this site hasn't been slow of me at all, I'm guessing they may have done some updating themselves prior to MCC. (Take notes 343) Negative attention is still attention right? Not that we want to be negative but damn are people flocking into complain. (rightfully so)

We're about 1 more failed patch from rioting, two more failed patches and fuck I'll probably have to donate to the servers again.

To me, it really is not that difficult to comprehend. THIS is how you interact with your community.

QvPyGK1.jpg?1

sounds conceited of me to say but I always felt like I would do a damn good job doing PR for a game company, if that game company fit my vision. That's a might high standard for a PR guy but I've been so fucked by plenty of devs because they chose to advertise an amazing game that turned out to be a lie. Both Bungie and 343 suck, although despite MCC being terribly buggy, 343 has at least communicated with us in the past. I know we need it right now though.

I bought into the hype that was Nexiuz, I bought into Red Sabre Takedown, I bought into Rekoil Liberation, and I bought into Monday Night Combat. In order we have what was supposed to be an awesome Quake clone, a Rainbow Six 3 (black arrow/rouge spear) reincarnation, a hybrid version of CS/CoD made for consoles, and a TF2 Shooter/Moba hybrid.

Each of these games failed because they were glitchy, buggy, and or couldn't handle microsoft's expensive certification process. You wouldn't know it if you followed their twitters, facebooks, press releases etc. Just OUR GAME IS OUT, BUY IT NOW! Next week, the studio is going under.

I personally think honesty is the best policy from a developer standpoint. Whats worse? If Blizzard cancelled Titan after the huge amount of work they put in due to them deciding it wasn't a fun/proper game? Or releasing the POS and letting the community riot? I feel as if it's common sense. 
  • Upvote (+1) 1

To me, it really is not that difficult to comprehend. THIS is how you interact with your community.

QvPyGK1.jpg?1

You think 343 should come out right now on Twitch? They would be eaten alive!

This is a nice thought, but after the 10-days-of-work, godawful placebo patch it is obvious that MCC is fundamentally broken at the core level. It's not the connections and sockets to the Azure servers alone. What this means is that it will require probably months of work on 343's part.

The problem is they aren't shifting FTEs from Halo 5 to MCC. They didn't have FTEs working on the project to begin with since it was outsourced. They definitely won't be adding them now.

MCC isn't getting fixed. Ever.

As soon as everyone realizes that, the viewers are done; then the sponsors; then HCS itself. It was nice to be excited about Halo again, but it's not going to happen.

I fear this as well. What a shame. What happens if this is legit unfixable? 

Its called accountability. You screw up. You take the heat. 

People are incredibly more likely to forgive you for something if you man up ( or woman up?) and accept responsibility for a mistake. To do it live on camera SINCERELY and to discuss openly what you are doing to correct your mistake is step number fucking 1 to turning a bad situation into a good one.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I say they make this game free with the games with gold program for january. 

Hopefully that can bring some people back and it will be fixed then

That will never happen Xbox one Games with gold is fucking shit compared too the 360 version all they've been giving out is fucking garbage Indy titles.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sitting in what is basically silence isn't really better. 

Maybe for their feelings, but not for the community. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I just want a vanilla port of Xbox CE, plus multiplayer, to be released on the One.

That will never happen... Ugh.

I was the one poor soul that bought a 360 and CEA on release day without doing any research at all. Friend said "Hey man didnt you use to play halo, the just release halo 1 remade with hd graphics" Feeling like a boss I drove straight to gamestop. 

Bought a year of xbl, got it set up and went straight to multiplayer........

:( 

There will be A LOT of savages. Twitch chat is ruthless. I agree they should say something.

Yes they should they need to give us some kind of update on why the issues still persist and that there working on fixing those issues better then this radio silence we've been dealing with ever since people have realized the patch didn't fix MM.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Pretty much everything 343 has done PR-wise has been a nightmare. The next step is deactivating Twitter accounts and going radio silent. Just pull the plug on this bullshit and call it a day.

Here we go. This is the general consensus among the gaming community now. We have reached the point of no return for the MCC

Excellent.

By the way I fully endorse Magic's 343bola statement.

There will be A LOT of savages. Twitch chat is ruthless. I agree they should say something.

I agree. The savages are of their own doing because of the sham of a game they released. It's important to feel the anger you have created. 

People are incredibly more likely to forgive you for something if you man up ( or woman up?) and accept responsibility for a mistake. To do it live on camera SINCERELY and to discuss openly what you are doing to correct your mistake is step number fucking 1 to turning a bad situation into a good one.

I probably could have just said this instead of everything irrelevant I included.

I swear the 'players found' text is just there to make you think MM is working.

• Upvote (+1) 2

If 343/Microsoft had any sort of track record of being honest, upfront, or even aware of their mistakes, instead of tucking their dick between their legs and scampering away like mice, maybe the community wouldn't be so hostile toward them.

"We are aware that some people are experiencing issues and we are investigating. We are turning to more experimental routes like ritual sacrifice and praying to lost gods. We have no fucking clue what we are doing." - 343i

• Upvote (+1) 8

Here we go. This is the general consensus among the gaming community now. We have reached the point of no return for the MCC

It's sad but this video was hilarious

1GB of NOTHIN'

Little did we know out of the 1473 MB in that patch, 1470 MB of it was high-res pictures of Frank O'Connor, Dan Ayoub, and Bonnie Ross rolling around naked in the huge piles of cash they got after MCC went Gold.

haha a little off topic but the only time i watched this guys stream was when he was telling his chat about his time on the price is right, he got on stage and everything, it was pretty awesome to hear/see.  the video has to be around somewhere.

That physicist who landed a robot on a fucking comet went on TV and cried while apologizing for wearing a shirt with scantily clad women on it.

This guy did nothing wrong, but it would be nice to see this kind of apology from 343.

Just Frankie getting on twitch and begging for forgiveness while telling us when he thinks they will be fixed. Just us knowing that they won't be going on vacation for a month and a half would be nice.

Anyone have any clue as to why whenever I play H2A (on the rare occasion mm works) I get frequent lag spikes. This only happens in H2A whether its customs or mm. I can play all the other games/playlists lag free. 

• Upvote (+1) 2