CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Coming to these forums too see if anyone is having a decent experience with the game after patch.

iFFbv9B.gif

• Upvote (+1) 4

Y'all?

Just had to +rep you cuz you were at 1499 to get you your next dot.

On another note, Sunset Overdrive free to play the full game for 24 hours starting at midnight to midnight tomorrow, in case you need something else to play. All achievements, saves, etc. will carry over should you choose to buy it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just had to +rep you cuz you were at 1499 to get you your next dot.

On another note, Sunset Overdrive free to play the full game for 24 hours starting at midnight to midnight tomorrow, in case you need something else to play. All achievements, saves, etc. will carry over should you choose to buy it.

I DONT NEED YOUR PITY REPS

(I love you)

• Upvote (+1) 1

I DONT NEED YOUR PITY REPS

(I love you)

I know I just met you, and this is crazy, so here's my number (343) call me maybe.

(I love you too)

• Upvote (+1) 2

The very fact that there are STILL 343 apologists after THREE FUCKING PATCHES is mind blowing.

I FEEL LIKE I'M TAKING CRAZY PILLS.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Was a little bit interested in seeing what would happen if I did want to return the game in the future.

General Info

Chat start time

Nov 21, 2014 2:58:14 PM EST

Chat end time

Nov 21, 2014 3:14:36 PM EST

Duration (actual chatting time)

00:16:22

Operator

Marlaw

Chat Transcript

info: Please wait for an agent to respond. The current average wait time is  7  minutes. Thank you for your patience.

info: All agents are currently assisting others. The current average wait time is  0  minutes. Thank you for your patience.

info: Privacy Statement

You are now chatting with 'Marlaw'.

Marlaw: Thank you for contacting Xbox Customer Support. My name is Marlaw. Please give me a moment to review your concern.  May I have your name, phone number and sign in email address?

B: B, ********

Marlaw: Thank you B.

Marlaw: How are you today?

B: I am okay

Marlaw: That's great that you are doing okay today!

Marlaw: I understand that we have concern on the game Halo MCC is that right/

B: Yes

B: It was broken at launch

B: and it is still broken with yesterday's update

Marlaw: I am sorry to hear that we have this  concern on the game.

Marlaw: We will definitely assist you in getting this solved okay.

Marlaw: I understand that you want a refund.for the game is that right/

B: Yes I am looking to obtain a refund for the digital copy

Marlaw: B as of this time the refund has not made available yet however no need to worry microsoft has formulated a compensation for all those who are affected on this issue and will be made available soon and we are given a 3 to 4 days from now availability. However while waiting if you want you can try uninstalling and reinstalling the game and may play the game then.

B: What do you mean the refund is not made available yet?

B: The game is broken 

B: Even after reinstalling

B: I want a refund for a broken game

Marlaw: I understand B how I wish we have the refund available right now the refund button for this game is stilll grid out and that this refund will be made available three to 4 days from now. If on there is a way for me to process refund manually I will gladly do so as you have requested however you can be sure that this refund will be maded available on the given dates since this has been formulated for the refund and compensation. I will provide you a reference number for you not to explain again what you want and just get a refund right away when you chat back 

B: Okay thanks, what is the reference number

info: Your chat transcript will be sent to *** at the end of your chat.

Marlaw: This is the reference number ***.

Marlaw: It is well noted and no need to explain then okay.

B: okay

Marlaw: Thank you so much for your understanding.

Marlaw: Is there anything else I can assist you with?

B: nope thanks

• Upvote (+1) 1

The very fact that there are STILL 343 apologists after THREE FUCKING PATCHES is mind blowing.

I FEEL LIKE I'M TAKING CRAZY PILLS.

6w8oi.gif

Was a little bit interested in seeing what would happen if I did want to return the game in the future.

General Info

Chat start time

Nov 21, 2014 2:58:14 PM EST

Chat end time

Nov 21, 2014 3:14:36 PM EST

Duration (actual chatting time)

00:16:22

Operator

Marlaw

Chat Transcript

info: Please wait for an agent to respond. The current average wait time is 7 minutes. Thank you for your patience.

info: All agents are currently assisting others. The current average wait time is 0 minutes. Thank you for your patience.

info: Privacy Statement

You are now chatting with 'Marlaw'.

Marlaw: Thank you for contacting Xbox Customer Support. My name is Marlaw. Please give me a moment to review your concern. May I have your name, phone number and sign in email address?

B: B, ********

Marlaw: Thank you B.

Marlaw: How are you today?

B: I am okay

Marlaw: That's great that you are doing okay today!

Marlaw: I understand that we have concern on the game Halo MCC is that right/

B: Yes

B: It was broken at launch

B: and it is still broken with yesterday's update

Marlaw: I am sorry to hear that we have this concern on the game.

Marlaw: We will definitely assist you in getting this solved okay.

Marlaw: I understand that you want a refund.for the game is that right/

B: Yes I am looking to obtain a refund for the digital copy

Marlaw: B as of this time the refund has not made available yet however no need to worry microsoft has formulated a compensation for all those who are affected on this issue and will be made available soon and we are given a 3 to 4 days from now availability. However while waiting if you want you can try uninstalling and reinstalling the game and may play the game then.

B: What do you mean the refund is not made available yet?

B: The game is broken

B: Even after reinstalling

B: I want a refund for a broken game

Marlaw: I understand B how I wish we have the refund available right now the refund button for this game is stilll grid out and that this refund will be made available three to 4 days from now. If on there is a way for me to process refund manually I will gladly do so as you have requested however you can be sure that this refund will be maded available on the given dates since this has been formulated for the refund and compensation. I will provide you a reference number for you not to explain again what you want and just get a refund right away when you chat back

B: Okay thanks, what is the reference number

info: Your chat transcript will be sent to *** at the end of your chat.

Marlaw: This is the reference number ***.

Marlaw: It is well noted and no need to explain then okay.

B: okay

Marlaw: Thank you so much for your understanding.

Marlaw: Is there anything else I can assist you with?

B: nope thanks

Zero minute wait time? Maybe 343 can get whoever programs MS Support's "matchmaking" to throw them a bone.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Because they have no clue what they are talking about.

343 doesn't work on the weekends, which should be your first clue that support is full of it.

I doubt anyone is taking off the weekends right now tbh

Microsoft had 343i working dilligently on Halo 5, with almost all their staff commited to it. They wouldn't want to undermine Halo 5

And yet this failed launch does more to undermine Halo 5 than just about anything could.

Some hardcores won't buy Halo 5 because of the new gimmicks in it - but the casuals won't buy it because now they think 343 can't produce a game you can actually play. There are fare more casuals than hardcore players, each 1 dollar they made on this quick cash grab now is 5 dollars they will never make on Halo 5.

eit: almost forgot #fire343

• Upvote (+1) 2

I've had really good luck with MM, maybe the odd 4v3 game but thats it. Also I seem to join lobbies that vote H1 over any other game, its godlike. :-)

Still no words from 343? I am dissapoint

They could at least give us some info on what is going on.

I'm just reposting this here, cause I was pissed as hell when Halo CE anniversary came out. Perfect Dark, an N64 goldeneye clone with tons of modes, maps, and 3x the weapons was ported to the XBLA with full matchmaking abilities that played AMAZING. The game came out a year and a half earlier than Halo CE...

This is a quote from Frankie about Halo CE Anniversary not containing original multiplayer.

"And multiplayer! Well that was the challenge. We ached over this one. Do we build peer-to-peer netcode for Halo 1 and simply update the graphics? Do we disrupt the Halo: Reach player base and community ecology? Or do we invest in the loyalty of those players, and the amazing new features Reach has brought to the table? It was a super hard decision, but ultimately the thing that tipped the balance in Reach’s favor was this simple fact: If we added netcode to Halo CE’s console gameplay, it would change it irrevocably. It would NOT be the same game you remembered – it would be a compromised vision of it, with the pros and cons that lag, latency and more can bring. Oh, and everyone would whore the pistol 24/7."

Okay, so you weren't okay with this concept back in 2010 when the project was most likely started, but you don't care in 2014 by out-sourcing our multiplayer to a company who has to pull from another company who modified a game another company made to play on PC, just to have your outsourced company attempt to bring it back to console with TONS more issues than what would have resulted than using the xbox code. I know this barely makes sense, but that's because it doesn't to me.

They knew about all the issues it would take to port CE. They knew it from the beginning, and they seriously contemplated it 4-5 years ago. The fact that they didn't come up with a better idea in that time is rather infuriating to me. Especially when you look at the Halo CE Bug list thread here. We have people with 100x more answers than the developers and that's just inexcusable to me.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Summary of this forum:

Argue over inconsequential shit: the last 10 pages are about whose fault it is that the game is broken, while offering no constructive criticism but arguing over if it is professional or not to tweet a developer, "Fuck You"

People with Pink or Red Names automatically get 5 likes regardless of what they post.

Trolls who post memes and GIF's get more respect then someone who displays a logical post.

Someones posts a Bravo reply to a question with a generic unhelpful answer and it gets around 17 likes.

Am I missing anything?

Awaiting neg rep.

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I doubt anyone is taking off the weekends right now tbh

tbh why should they?

game has a lot of bugs. not just matchmaking issues. Halo community gave them till 1st patch to fix things. Things are still broken for the most part. Some have reported with better matching times but still lots of issues.

tbh why should they?

game has a lot of bugs. not just matchmaking issues. Halo community gave them till 1st patch to fix things. Things are still broken for the most part. Some have reported with better matching times but still lots of issues.

never should they should

We're all in the same side here. Even tho it is not necessary to tell an employee to fuck/kill himself or herself. I'm frustrated as you guys, but there's no point into going in a rampage of cursing and telling everyone to go to hell. I've wasted a lot of money, time, and opportunities with the launch of Halo (and its patches). I've wasted over 1.5k dollars because of the days I decided to take off for the launch of Halo, plus buying an extra Xbox One for my brother, two copies of the game and more stuff such as Xbox Live and crap like that. Oh yeah man, I am frustrated and quite disappointed with the launch like anyone else here. Maybe some people don't have the fortune to waste money like that, or to take days off, or to even buy an Xbox One, but there are some who sacrificed a lot just to be there at the launch of MCC.

It is frustrating, disappointing, and annoying. It is understandable. But, there's no excuse to be low as hell to tell employees to fuck themselves and to kill themselves. There's no excuse in that, and it won't help at all. It won't even help you, you'll still be enraged about it. It is 343's and MS's fault. Nobody can deny that, and nobody can change our perspective unless something bad happened that was out of 343's hands.

Tons of people wasted money, and time. But right now is either moving on with another game, or wait to see when the fuck the game is fixed. That's my opinion, and honestly I truly believe that being a fucking asshole won't help at all. There's my crappy opinion, now, to go work and get my money back  :halo:

I don't think they should kill themselves, I do however think that every 343/MS employee that had something to do with the shitty release of MCC to both be fired and not allowed to find another job in the gaming industry ever again.  Maybe them working shitty minimal wage jobs or factory type jobs would force them to start obeying the customer for fucking once.  Yes I said OBEY.  You OBEY the customer.  In fact, I think every 343 employee should be forced to work 60+ hours at a hot steaming factory without any kind of overtime or peace rate.  Kill over working a real job not sitting at a desk fucking up at game development.  

They apparently can't code, design, or anything else requiring some kind of technical computer related degree.  Therefore they deserve to work a shitty job and end up having a shitty life for all time.  If they want to make mistakes all the time then work a job and live a life standard that's full of "mistakes".  I'm tired of ungrateful, untalented little shits trying to avoid reality stealing the jobs that should be going to talented developers and designers.  If you make this many fucking mistakes at once in the entertainment field, get fucking fired and work a shitty job you should of had in the beginning.  You forfeit your rights if your this much of a fucking failure.  Thank god there is no such thing as a union in game development.  Imagine how worse spoiled entitled designers would think that making even more mistakes is "fine".

• Downvote (-1) 2

Summary of this forum:

Argue over inconsequential shit: the last 10 pages are about whose fault it is that the game is broken, while offering no constructive criticism but arguing over if it is professional or not to tweet a developer, "Fuck You"

People with Pink or Red Names automatically get 5 likes regardless of what they post.

Trolls who post memes and GIF's get more respect then someone who displays a logical post.

Someones posts a Bravo reply to a question with a generic unhelpful answer and it gets around 17 likes.

Am I missing anything?

Awaiting neg rep.

You forgot to include the part where you make this completely useless post.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2