CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

What's the ratio of fuck yous said by bosses to employees : employees to bosses publicly?  

It's not like I took statistics, I had a job to do, a rather serious one at that (things like Ballistic Missile Defense are no joke).

If I had to put a guess on it, I'd say 5:1 (bosses to employees). Everything was very public. Even when a boss TRIED to ream someone out in private everyone in the general area could hear it (building I worked in was huge with project groups usually in the same area). And again, from my experience when things like this happened teams inevitably got closer and projects got done. People expressed how they really felt instead of keeping it bottled up and becoming resentful.

I disagree. Every single person at 343 and Microsoft either lied or remained silent to us on the state of this game. We had no inclination just how bad this game really is and how nonfunctional it is. They simply do not care about us. They don't. I put trust in them to release a polished and finished game, and they did not. Instead they lied through their teeth about this game, hyping up "We Back" and here we are 10 days into launch and no one can hold a custom game lobby together.

I'm saying 'Fuck them' because we were all lied to because they don't give a shit about us. I'm sure some of the people at 343 do, not doubt about it, but the fact that we had literally no idea how bad this game was at launch, and how empty and vague their apologies have been, shows to me that all they want is our money, not our continued love and support for this dying (dead) franchise.

I'm pissed and they deserve the heat they get. If they didn't want people to get so upset at them then maybe they shouldn't have released an unfinished game.

Tweeting crap like that makes you sound like a child and I can guarantee you that it does nothing but get deleted and possibly get you blocked. Grow up man. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Waking up to find the h2Classic playlist back to 5v5...

Any word from them about the reason for the random changes to and from 4v4?

Waking up to find the h2Classic playlist back to 5v5...

Any word from them about the reason for the random changes to and from 4v4?

• Upvote (+1) 2

No, it won't.

But faxing them a 343 page dissertation about why sprint is bad for competitive Halo, and telling Frank Oconnor to go fuck himself will ultimately have the same effect.

And the latter feels more cathartic.

Agree. The management at 343 has blinders on and nothing will deter them from following the path they have chosen. However there seems to still be some people that think they can reason with the unreasonable. Not exactly apologists for 343, but still seem to be "optimistic" or that they really have some channel of communication that will actually lead to real change. The rest of us have basically come to the conclusion that that belief is delusional.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Some people are reporting that the maximum players reduced to 8 Max but had rolled back to 10 Max.

I have not experienced this, is it inconsistent per playlist for some, not for others?

Headache.

For me the worst part is that when it gets fixed which will probably take like another month if we're lucky we will be that much closer to the release of H5. There's a fairly good chance that MCC will be as good as dead once H5 is out so that means less then a year to play fixed MCC.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Customer supported instructed me to delete and re-install the game. They assured me that their Engineers have found this as a solution to the issue. :weback:

Why does that sound like we need to boil water when a woman goes into labor?

Some people are reporting that the lists reduced to 8 Max but had rolled back to 10 Max.

I have not experienced this, is it inconsistent per playlist for some, not for others?

Headache.

I played 4 or 5 games last night with 8 max/8 min on Halo 2 classic last night. It was the only playlist changed. 

This morning it's back at 10/6.

Bravo is active on twitter again. Hopefully we get a status update with actual substance at some point today.

Lol
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I'll just say this:

I'm a developer. If I coded something this buggy and faulty, I'd already be in hot water. If I then took over a week to "fix" it, and actually did nothing at all or even made it worse, I'd be fired. On the spot.

This is a laughable, inexcusable debacle and what's more is that it is being handled terribly from a PR perspective.

They likely haven't realized it yet, but the best-case-scenario for the online population of this game is absolutely tragic. I am willing to bet that the game will never break 100k online population. Ever. They have not only disappointed fans enormously, they have also severely handicapped their "game", run the Halo name & franchise into the ground, and have all-but-secured the abysmal sales of Halo 5.

There is absolutely no way that anyone will trust 343 ever again.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I played 4 or 5 games last night with 8 max/8 min on Halo 2 classic last night. It was the only playlist changed. 

This morning it's back at 10/6.

That's some serious mind game shit.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Because tweeting fuck you is going to fix so much, right?

I honestly believe at a certain point 'fuck you' is an appropriate response. 343 has done nothing but lie, ignored, over promise, and non answer every legitimate criticism we have given them for the last couple years. If 343 was a person you would say 'fuck you' because they are such a awful person and they treat you like a lower human being and you are non-important to them.

• Upvote (+1) 1

343 needs to just outsource the patch. And by that I mean hire consultants to fix this fucking mess cause its clear they don't have a clue how to fix it. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

I honestly believe at a certain point 'fuck you' is an appropriate response. 343 has done nothing but lie, ignored, over promise, and non answer every legitimate criticism we have given them for the last couple years. If 343 was a person you would say 'fuck you' because they are such a awful person and they treat you like a lower human being and you are non-important to them.

I agree w/ Joe here.

They've essentially gave us a big "fuck you, we're moving on to Halo 5".

• Upvote (+1) 2

Their last tweet was 18 hours ago saying "patch is live"  

The PR and transparency at 343 is pretty ridiculous.  Going on 1.5 weeks of a broken game, seems like they should have a very honest rundown of whats actually happening imo

• Upvote (+1) 1