CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I think the comparisons you try to draw are completely off base.

Also, I'm a very well educated person with a 6 figure job and I'd guess older then 95% of the people on this forum. I don't say that to seem "important", just giving you a frame of reference. I've worked for some very large "professional" companies (like a contractor for the DoD). I can honestly tell you that the words Fuck You are used far more often then you think. And from my experience shit gets done when the Fuck's start flying. When people pussyfoot around with niceties is when nothing gets done and everyone sits around circle jerking each other. Maybe it's different in your "industry" (if you are of that age yet).

But that's just my opinion and my experience...

We are not in a work environment here.  And when fucks are said in work environments, it's normally the one with power and money saying it to the person who needs the money or the lower person saying it behind someone's back that is higher than them.  That way you stated it, you make it seem like a contractor would publicly tell the DoD fuck you and risk losing the contract for not only themselves but the contracting company... which I highly doubt  :gandhi:

And this is coming from someone who has worked with homeland security, private companies and contracted for city departments.

Is anyone from 343 answering for anything on twitter or elsewhere? Like any kind of updates or acknowledgement post-update

So I feel that the person that needs to go from all this is Bonnie Ross.

This is something I've felt for a while, but after this debacle I think it would be hard to dispute. From my understanding she is the main cheese at 343. It is apparent that this launch wasn't just a situation of "an unforeseen issue that trickled out of control" which Frank has stated. The issues show an apparent lack of time to complete the game and properly test. This is a management issue clear as day.

I know people will blame Microsoft, and of course I think they are to be blamed as well. However we don't really know who those people are (and I hope they get there pink slips as well). However we know Bonnie Ross and I have to believe she was apart of all meetings between Microsoft and 343 during all timelines, progress, and release date discussions.

Part of her job is to stand up for her employees and run the Studio. If Microsoft comes in saying "we want to release the game now" she needs to have the guts to say no. She needs to have the technical knowledge to know it isn't feasible. She needs to have the connection with here team to know what they can and can't accomplish. She needs to be the captain of the ship, the quarterback of the team. If she is nothing more then a "yes man" then the Studio is destined for failure.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Is anyone from 343 answering for anything on twitter or elsewhere? Like any kind of updates or acknowledgement post-update

@@Bravo just answered @@FrankTheShow tweet on twitter but he didn't say anything useful again, lol.

My guess as a somewhat-educated outside observer is that the matchmaking issues are being accentuated by the connection issues that are plaguing the game. In fact, most of the issues can likely be attributed to P2P networking issues. 

Warning: completely unfounded generalizations and rampant speculation to follow...

I'd guess that matchmaking is doing a perfectly okay job of pulling folks into lobbies together. If I'm a matchmaking server, I want to get 8 10 people in my game as fast as possible. I pull in 10 people right away. Unfortunately, 6 of those 10 people can't connect to the person who is hosting the lobby, but it takes me a while to figure that out. Those 6 people get booted and I try to fill in the remaining 6 spots. I pull in another 6 people and 4 of them can't connect. Rinse. Repeat. And eventually we have a full game after 3 minutes of attempting to get the connections to line up. 

This cycle is likely what's slowing down MM times. 

These P2P connection issues are also why it's notoriously unreliable to hear your teammates in games and in lobbies. 

I have no idea what's going on with parties, unbalanced teams, or any of the other big issues, but I'm willing to bet the P2P connection issues are what is causing long MM times...

• Upvote (+1) 1

Your use of then and than makes me question your education and 6 figure claim....

Sorry but grammar has never been my thing. My education is in Computer and Electrical Engineering. Things like ASIC design, FPGA, parallel processing, C C++ Java Python etc programming...things like that. Things where "grammar" aren't exactly priority number 1. Personally, I hate when people "judge" peoples intelligence by grammar. There are a lot of very smart people that aren't very good at these things, our minds work differently. We aren't novelists.

But you know, believe whatever you want. I have no reason to prove my education or worth to you.

So I feel that the person that needs to go from all this is Bonnie Ross.

I've read whenever she does play Halo with community members, she's unsporting and mutes/blocks players at random.

Does anyone here have anything to say about this?

And do you think just saying fuck you is going to fix anything or make anything get fixed faster? Nope. It doesn't. 

I'll say this until my face is blue, it is NOT the customer's job to act "mature" or professional.

If this was the first or second time that they'd disappointed us, then his tweet would be unwarranted, but it's been 2 fucking years my man. 730 days my guy.

And if you think that positive feedback "fixes anything or makes anything get fixed faster", then you clearly haven't been paying attention for the past 2 years.

I'll say this until my face is blue, it is NOT the customer's job to act "mature" or professional.

If this was the first or second time that they'd disappointed us, then his tweet would be unwarranted, but it's been 2 fucking years my man. 730 days my guy.

And if you think that positive feedback "fixes anything or makes anything get fixed faster", you clearly haven't been paying attention for the past  2 years

Because tweeting fuck you is going to fix so much, right?

Just played BTB, got split from my mate, and it was 7v5 in his favour, so he drove me on a hog the whole game haha.

The meta is real.

We are not in a work environment here.  And when fucks are said in work environments, it's normally the one with power and money saying it to the person who needs the money or the lower person saying it behind someone's back that is higher than them.  That way you stated it, you make it seem like a contractor would publicly tell the DoD fuck you and risk losing the contract for not only themselves but the contracting company... which I highly doubt  :gandhi:

And this is coming from someone who has worked with homeland security, private companies and contracted for city departments.

Ok, I'll tell you exactly where my experience comes from. I worked for Lockheed Martin. I worked on a bunch of projects while there. Aegis, Ballistic Missile Defense, homeland security/Coast Guard, internal groups that handle all of Lockheed's infrastructure from servers/networking/desktops, and more. Roles that ranged from designing hardware to building software.

When a project got behind and the teams would have to get together to discuss is when Fuck You was said constantly. Bosses to employee's and vice versa.

343 just need to push halo 5 back or something.. and put all their "eggs" in this crap basket called MCC..  make the whole team work on one game.. not two

• Upvote (+1) 2

Ok, I'll tell you exactly where my experience comes from. I worked for Lockheed Martin. I worked on a bunch of projects while there. Aegis, Ballistic Missile Defense, homeland security/Coast Guard, internal groups that handle all of Lockheed's infrastructure from servers/networking/desktops, and more. Roles that ranged from designing hardware to building software.

When a project got behind and the teams would have to get together to discuss is when Fuck You was said constantly. Bosses to employee's and vice versa.

What's the ratio of fuck yous said by bosses to employees : employees to bosses publicly?  

What's the ratio of fuck yous said by bosses to employees : employees to bosses publicly?  

There are broken Jack Daniels bottles everywhere, and vomit, in the offices

I wouldn't put they don't work on weekends, Thanksgiving break next week does worry me though. The 1-2 months following Halo 4 tremendously hurt the game when they took it off.

Exactly, I'm quite fearful of this one repeating itself. Was crushing not hearing virtually anything during that period.

I see a lot of analogies here. I don't think anybody is wrong.

I just look at it from a personal relationship standpoint. Take my wife for example. If I fuck up she usually is kind the first time. However if I keep messing up eventually the "fuck yous" start flying. If she didn't act in that way, it honestly wouldn't get my attention as much. If you care about someone, and you did something to trigger a "fuck you". I would think a greater response and attention would follow. At least that's how I see it. If everybody is kindly giving feedback, I wouldn't rush to fix it. After all they don't seem upset.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Because tweeting fuck you is going to fix so much, right?

No, it won't.

But faxing them a 343 page dissertation about why sprint is bad for competitive Halo, and telling Frank Oconnor to go fuck himself will ultimately have the same effect.

And the latter feels more cathartic.