CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

There was a reddit thread the other day that was titled "What is your favorite map/gametype and why is it Lockout Team BRs" lol

Haha, I guess I do like it, I just think it's a bit overrated. It feels pretty slow paced at times, too much staying back behind cover and hoping that someone makes a bad decision so you can team shot him before he's safe.

I'm pretty pissed they just went silent as soon as they realized that the patch was a failure. Must be busy typing up the next BS "update".

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm literally about to throw my Xbox into a fire. Finally able to find games and I keep getting SMG starts. I am absolutely furious right now. I LITERALLY cannot play the game as my team is atrocious.

I spawned on Sanctuary, grabbed BR and sniper, got a killing frenzy. Died, enemy team has four BRs now. Get teamshot offspawn 5 times in a row because I have SMG starts.

I hate this useless skidmark of a weapon start. Being FORCED to scavenge BEFORE I can play. Absolute fucking joke.

Couldn't agree more, there needs to be a separate playlist for just br's. Playing smg starts is just so ********, if one team gets the br's it's over , good luck trying to even get one and actually win the game. With a separate playlist for br's then people who want br starts can be happy and people who don't want be starts can be happy too, everyone wins.

The lift dropping that sick beat on the real though. :)

I was doing that for about 5 minutes haha.

Couldn't agree more, there needs to be a separate playlist for just br's. Playing smg starts is just so ********, if one team gets the br's it's over , good luck trying to even get one and actually win the game. With a separate playlist for br's then people who want br starts can be happy and people who don't want be starts can be happy too, everyone wins.

I don't think this game has a big enough population to have more playlists. They should just make it BR starts on everything.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Second game today, yet another 5v4. Ended when the score was 21-15. Then I got an achievement. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

They should've just gotten rid of non BR starts and put in team duals for votes.

I just want an explanation, or a thought process from 343. I know they probably won't do it, but a statement would be nice and make me not hate them as much.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I don't think this game has a big enough population to have more playlists. They should just make it BR starts on everything.

Well now the game doesn't have a big enough population, but they should do that, smg starts and having a br on map is OP they either need to remove the br from the map or just have br starts because a br on smg starts is like one team spawning with rockets and the other a plasma pistol

343 killed MCC intentionally because they knew a year wasn't long enough for people to get bored of real Halo and move on to the complete trainwreck that is Halo 5.

Silly conspiracy?  Maybe.  It's still not as unbelievable as a studio of this size with a wallet this large releasing a game as structurally broken as this one.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I just want an explanation, or a thought process from 343. I know they probably won't do it, but a statement would be nice and make me not hate them as much.

This

I think people would have a lot more respect for 343 is they told us the truth rather than some

"we're sorry, we are monitoring the situation, thanks for the patience" bullshit 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I was thinking when I was falling asleep last night.... What it would have been like to be a fly on the wall in those last few meetings that happened between 343, M$ and the other studios involved.

M$: So how we looking? Everything all set for launch?

343/Other Studios: Welllllll we really could use more time

M$: Yeah well you know the saying... wish in one hand shit in the other.... How bad is it?

343: Well it's not good. Right now we can't even get the matchmaking to work consistently

M$: But it does work sometimes?

343: Well yeah but...

M$: Great! You can fix the rest up after launch

343: True but you know there is going to be an uproar

M$: From who?

343: Well the community for one

M$: The Halo community?..... lol fuck those guys....ship it.

343:.... ok.....

343: Bravo prepare yourself....your twitter is about to be a shit show.

Bravo: *tears* *shaking in a corner*

• Upvote (+1) 2

Agreed, more communication and dialogue would be appreciated on this end. Their PR could help soften these "blows" but doubtful they can release updates without approval from the higher ups.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just played a really fucking laggy game of CE in matchmaking. I'm not convinced they improved the netcode.

4v4's on Stonetown are dumb. Especially when blue team spawns all the way back at the beach and red team can easily get their snipe while another person grabs rockets and camo and goes and blows up your sniper... Why is it that you don't have to alter your path to the enemy team at all to grab rockets and camo? Oh, and you get height advantage.

Has anyone tried to LAN MCC yet? Planned a LAN this weekend wondering if its gonna be a wreck

Someone on here tried it about a week ago (fuck with us). They said it was buggy and probably could have played twice as many games as they did if everything was working properly. But they still had fun. 

I don't see what more they can say besides acknowledging that it's fucked and they're trying to fix it. No point in trying to explain the coding process to us or whatever.

Customer supported instructed me to delete and re-install the game.  They assured me that their Engineers have found this as a solution to the issue.  :weback:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Customer supported instructed me to delete and re-install the game.  They assured me that their Engineers have found this as a solution to the issue.  :weback:

15 hours later after another 60 gb install...

**Game still sucks**

I must be the chosen one, everything seems to be working well on my end! Only searching as 1s(th) and 2s(th) though.

No crashes, games loading, think I had 1 unbalanced match out of 6/7...

• Upvote (+1) 1

I must be the chosen one, everything seems to be working well on my end! Only searching as 1s(th) and 2s(th) though.

No crashes, games loading, think I had 1 unbalanced match out of 6/7...

yeah me too and I also haven't crashed since launch.