CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

My x1 is updating again right now? is this for the preview program?

Are you in the preview program?

If the answer is yes, then you answered your own question. Your X1 doesn't update for games.

Hopefully when I get home from work the MM works as it should. I mainly solo que so by sounds of it, I should be okay?

I can promise you they went home at 5pm, just like every other working person. If you think they have a office full of people working around the clock to fix this, you are horribly wrong. 

What an utterly ridiculous post. I'm as frustrated as everyone else out there at the continuing problems plaguing this game, but to insinuate that the staff aren't working as hard as they possibly can to fix this is painful in its ignorance.

And leaving work at 5pm 'like every other working person'? I don't know what you do for a living but I can promise you, in any professional job that requires more intelligence and skill than to simply flip burgers will require more hours than a clock-watching 9-5er.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I can promise you they went home at 5pm, just like every other working person. If you think they have a office full of people working around the clock to fix this, you are horribly wrong. 

Yeh I highly doubt that.

What an utterly ridiculous post. I'm as frustrated as everyone else out there at the continuing problems plaguing this game, but to insinuate that the staff aren't working as hard as they possibly can to fix this is painful in its ignorance.

And leaving work at 5pm 'like every other working person'? I don't know what you do for a living but I can promise you, in any professional job that requires more intelligence and skill than to simply flip burgers will require more hours than a clock-watching 9-5er.

You took what I said too literally. I never said they weren't working hard. I said I doubt they are working around the clock to fix this. I can almost guarantee you they are going in at their normal times, stressing out while at work, and leaving when they normally would.

So I've been able to get games quickly tonight, but the connections have been really hit or miss.  I've had some excellent games, but I have also had some truly horrid games.  I had an H1 game where the game was trying its hardest to throw my reticle off the opponent, and hardly any of my shots would register no matter where I aimed.  And another H3 game where I had to mail in my request to do anything.  I was playing a solid 2 seconds behind.  Lol I still went 20-5 in that one though.

The games with a good host feel great, but oh my fuck do the bad games stand out, especially in H1.  When the hell are the dedicated servers coming online?

Highlight of the night was getting a Killpacalypse on Stonetown KotH :)

I had an H1 game where the game was trying its hardest to throw my reticle off the opponent, and hardly any of my shots would register no matter where I aimed.  h.

When the hell are the dedicated servers coming online?

That is beyond annoying.. Happened several times tonight. 

Were dedicated servers down all night? I thought all MM games were on dedis?

I had about 4 solid hours of CE customs. I can honestly say I can't tell much of a difference with the hit detection. Hopefully we get something similar to the PC no lead servers soon. They need to bring back the hit markers until then. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Were dedicated servers down all night? I thought all MM games were on dedis?

They're suppose to be but they have a fall back that makes it p2p(which happens almost every time).
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Well it seems that finding matches is now faster and a lot more consistent. Plus, that glitch where the search list is replaced by the active roster has been fixed. But that's all this update seems to have fixed regarding MM. Getting a party together is still frustrating as ever and of course nothing has been done to solve the team splits.

Also, I see a lot of people complaining that they hardly ever get games on dedis but I don't seem to have any problems getting games on dedis. 

Can't say I fancy trying to play this game much longer. My copy of Dragon Age arrived today so I'll probably be occupying myself with that a lot more until MCC is properly fixed.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well, I will plug in my 360 tonight and do some Halo 4. I will cry in tune with the sound of the dmr.

If someone told me a month ago that I would play H4 November 21,  ten days after the release of The Master Chief Collection, I would probably declared that person as insane.

But still, I sincererly beleieve that 343 are doing their best. But I am having concerns if "doing their best"  is enough to fix this. Do they have the acquired skills to actually fix this? I don´t know squat about game development but when something is this broken, surely there must be some serious issues with the code? And with big ass problems there are no small solutions. So doing one patch maybe just open the gates to other issues?

Still having extended search times and failed loads.  :weback:

Wewt! Just had two failed loads in a row.  So glad I'm getting this refunded.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm going to give 343 until next friday an if these problems aren't fixed I'm getting a refund for this game an returning my XB1 an not looking back.

FOLLOWED BY HALO 3 AR STARTS ON CONSTRUCTION INSTEAD ON BRS ON LOCKOUT.

FUCK FUCK FUCK CKHCOYXITXOXOYYXY

so people are voting for what they want

you're voting for what you want

you are losing to the majority vote

I don't understand why you're so mad 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 8

so people are voting for what they want

you're voting for what you want

you are losing to the majority vote

I don't understand why you're so mad 

- Because an AR start is a piece of shit

- Because Construct is a piece of shit

- Because H3 is a piece of shit

That should pretty much clear that up, right?

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Man. Finally got a 4v4 H2C game. People voted for Foundation SMGs over Midship BRs.

Fuck Waypoint community.

That happened too me as well like 7 people voted for Zenith smg starts over Warlord BR's seems like the waypoint kids are voting for SMG/AR starts.  :kappa:

FOLLOWED BY HALO 3 AR STARTS ON CONSTRUCTION INSTEAD ON BRS ON BLACKOUT.

FUCK FUCK FUCK CKHCOYXITXOXOYYXY

Let me fix that for you (bold).

I believe this is why.

Construct is a better map and there are BR's everywhere. Not sure what your problem is?

Implying intelligent people took a year to build a broken menu? 

I'm literally about to throw my Xbox into a fire. Finally able to find games and I keep getting SMG starts. I am absolutely furious right now. I LITERALLY cannot play the game as my team is atrocious.

I spawned on Sanctuary, grabbed BR and sniper, got a killing frenzy. Died, enemy team has four BRs now. Get teamshot offspawn 5 times in a row because I have SMG starts.

I hate this useless skidmark of a weapon start. Being FORCED to scavenge BEFORE I can play. Absolute fucking joke.

It sounds like you're just bad. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 7

Next you'll be saying "adapt".

If you want br or dmr starts play halo 4 ;)

They need to just fix the party splits today. I could handle waiting, I waited in every other game when populations dipped, but to wait then get a 4v5 is annoying

• Upvote (+1) 1