CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Managed to get a 4v4 in H2 Classic. One person dropped before the game loaded though. Not sure if they backed out on their own or were lagged out. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Just had the map choices of Lockout, Orbital, and Chill Out guess which got chosen.

None, cuz the game froze before the voting started.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Here is a question for everyone:

If there isn't a C-level cleaning in the near future at 343 given this fiasco, how would you view 343 as a commercial stuido?

Right now I view 343i as a complete joke and utter failure. Halo: CEA was a total disappointment, because the multiplayer portion of the game was a slap in the face to OG H:CE players. To make matters worse, 343i's excuse "that the original H:CE multiplayer experience cannot be replicated" have been disproved by their own game.

Halo 4 is considered by most to be the worst game in the series, and was DOA shortly after launch. And now it seems that MCC might suffer a similar fate, unless there is so kind of otherworldly intervention, that allows them to get matchmaking working properly (you know, like all the other Halo games since Halo 2).

• Upvote (+1) 2

Managed to get a 4v4 in H2 Classic. One person dropped before the game loaded though. Not sure if they backed out on their own or were lagged out.

I'm really hoping that by the time I get home from work tomorrow night I can finally play Halo :(

None, cuz the game froze before the voting started.

Close it froze after the voting process.

I seem to find games pretty fast when queuing by myself. However, as soon as I bring friends into the equation...No games. What's the point of playing if I can't even play with my friends. lol

I'm really hoping that by the time I get home from work tomorrow night I can finally play Halo :(

Even just being able to find people consistently would be a big step in the right direction, considering they made it 4v4 for h2 classic.

As long as it's actually 4v4 and not bugged.

What hopper are you in? H2c goes to 7/8 each time, then waits for an 8th until people start leaving.

1th

Team slayer. I'm gonna try H2C now

It's nihilistic "Eh it's not our lives, fuck it if anyone wanted a Christmas gift that meant anything, as long as we get to feed OUR FAMILIES nobody else matters".

Sure this is every day in big business, but that's what game development in the fall is like. Nobody else matters, If I have a wife and a kid, abandon everyone else who dares to attempt to be happy. They should be able to entertain themselves just fine. "JUST BUY THE GAME ASSHOLE".

Yeah, clearly it's all those scumbag sellout coders and programmers at fault. Not the studio heads, or the MS execs, clearly the fault of the programmers. They should stop caring so much about making rent and work 18 hours a day until the game goes gold so they can get fired after.

What kind of stupid shit is this? Pin blame where it's due.

Speaking of which, tell me if this sounds familiar:

The experience the developer referred to occurred from 2011 to 2012 where they worked for a major studio on a top-selling, highly rated first-person shooter. Their troubles began when top brass at the studio decreed early in 2011 that the game’s release date was moved up a full year—from an original Fall 2013 projection to Fall of 2012.

“Despite our engineering, creative, HR, every kind of risk that we posed to them, and all of our concerns, we were given a due date... So people scrambled to make new decisions, cut features, deprioritize features, come up with a whole new production pipeline.”

In the mad dash to adjust to an accelerated timeline, the required crunch time began to escalate.

“It kinda crept on. It was like, ‘Hey guys, we're gonna be ordering food on Tuesdays and Thursdays every week. If you are staying past 7 p.m.; if you have a lot of work to do, email us, and we'll make sure you get a meal.’" For a month or two, that arrangement stood. But then another email went out, adding another day to the list. And then another.

"In it's final form, it was lunch and dinner Monday through Saturday and then some people were coming in on Sundays.”

The word, “crunch,” the developer says, was never used.

“This is people coming in at 9. Working all day. Leaving 10, 11, 12, 1, depending what they were doing. And then coming back the next morning and doing it all over again, six to seven days a week. To my knowledge, five couples got a divorce because of this. Almost the entire creative leadership has now quit, after ship. It was toxic; it was a toxic environment.”

“My relationships became affected,” the developer said, “I became affected as a person. I wasn't sleeping, I wasn't eating very well. I was going out to drink a lot [sort of laughs] It was the only way to deal…[you start] shirking work, because you feel the anxiety. I'd wake up in the morning, and I'd be like, ‘Oh god I have to go to work. I do not want to get out of bed today, because I don't want to deal with this crap.’ Because if people on the ground are feeling this, it means the leads are feeling it, the execs are feeling it—and they push down harder and make it worse, you know?”

• Upvote (+1) 1

What kind of stupid shit is this? Pin blame where it's due.

Yeah it's late and I'm getting random "Gathering Data" prompts still. Getting drunk off the frustration now.

EDIT: Reading that excerpt, yep, not working for the industry any time soon. :(

Even just being able to find people consistently would be a big step in the right direction, considering they made it 4v4 for h2 classic.

As long as it's actually 4v4 and not bugged.

I'm pretty sure the 8 is intentional tweaking on their part. Still getting hung up on 7 players, 7th try. The fact it's not starting at 7 is definitely new behavior since launch. They're doing something over there.

Still not happy about spending $460 to test a beta.

Edit: yeah, h2c hangs at 7 consistently for me and refuses to start with less than 8.

I'm pretty sure the 8 is intentional tweaking on their part. Still getting hung up on 7 players, 7th try. The fact it's not starting at 7 is definitely new behavior since launch. They're doing something over there.

Still not happy about spending $460 to test a beta.

Yeah it seems like getting stuck on 7 is the newest obstacle to pass. Then half the lobby backs out and you have to restart.

Edit: You were in my lobby for a bit, until everyone left

Yeah it seems like getting stuck on 7 is the newest obstacle to pass. Then half the lobby backs out and you have to restart.

Edit: You were in my lobby for a bit, until everyone left

Bro just got my first 4v4!!!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Whatever magic bungie used to limit how long you search for a match needs to get passed on to 343. If there is an odd number of players after a certain amount of time, boot one and form even teams. If a certain number of mins has passed and there are is an even number of players but not the full max needed, start the match.

This matchmaking engine is obviously built to find the max amount of players per search and it's ruining the experience. It's taking too fuckin long and then we still end up with uneven teams at times. Stop it.

I've been sitting in this h2c for almost 10 mins now because it cannot find that 8th player. It goes down to 6 then back up to 7. Start a fuckin 3v3. It's a 4v4 playlist, not big team.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Does anyone know if they plan to put in a "promote to leader" option for party? Or is there already one and i just can't find it?

Does anyone know if they plan to put in a "promote to leader" option for party? Or is there already one and i just can't find it?

Go to roster, click on there name and scroll down.  They recently added it.

I think I saw Podtacular tweet about it. Go into the roster menu, highlight the person you want to make party leader and hit A, and a menu should pop up with an option to promote them.

Decided to try again (searching for games). Found one game surprisingly quickly. Of course Gemini SMGs won the vote over Citadel BRs and Chill Out though. Because I got matched with shitheads. I got betrayed for sword! That was fun.

Found another game somewhat quickly (read: just as I was starting to get impatient). Derelict wins the vote. Host is dog crap and I don't know if I hit a single pistol shot during the entire match. Oh well.

Beginning to think I spoke too soon and maybe the patch DID accomplish something. 30 minutes and a grand total of zero games later (after trying a search in every playlist but H3), I wonder why I still let myself get fooled.

• Upvote (+1) 1