CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

My xbox one gets here tomorrow......I guess it was a waste of time at this dark hour?

For Halo, yes.  But Battlefield 4 has finally been patched to perfection, and is a pretty fantastic shooter now.  Get that and PvZ to tide you over.

I would also like to point out that this is not the end of Halo:MCC. We all know Christmas noobs will come and buy the game, and players who want access to the H5 Beta will also buy the games. But, we are going to be looking at 2 months of H4 level Activity due to 343's mishaps.

For the love of God I'm never going to get a game of CE...No one besides me has even voted for it in the games I've been lucky enough to have.

At this point, I really don't see how 343 is going to make this up. How do you even come back from a launch this horrendous, and even less effective post-launch patches? What could they possibly to do gain the trust of a community who asks for nothing more than working multiplayer? All I can see is them adding time to the Halo 5 beta. Either that, or they completely re-release a working version of the game and allow for trade ins. Other than that, I can't see them fixing a fundamentally broken game.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I would also like to point out that this is not the end of Halo:MCC. We all know Christmas noobs will come and buy the game, and players who want access to the H5 Beta will also buy the games. But, we are going to be looking at 2 months of H4 level Activity due to 343's mishaps.

Even with a low player count I could find a game in less than 2 minutes on Halo 4.

That moment when everyone's freaking out but I did a hard reset and have been steady finding games for the last 2 hours.

• Downvote (-1) 8

I've heard that customs now work to perfection, can anyone confirm?

Not just no, but hell no.

Party teams switch after every game, game session leader changes at complete random times, etc. etc.

At this point, I really don't see how 343 is going to make this up. How do you even come back from a launch this horrendous, and even less effective post-launch patches? What could they possibly to do gain the trust of a community who asks for nothing more than working multiplayer? All I can see is them adding time to the Halo 5 beta. Either that, or they completely re-release a working version of the game and allow for trade ins. Other than that, I can't see them fixing a fundamentally broken game.

You don't come back from it. The REAL problem that 343i has committed, is that they have finally destroyed not just the games, but the WILL of an enormous chunk of their fan base. They've shit on Halo so many times and with this launch, it's clear that they weren't ACTUALLY dedicated to giving old school halo fans what they wanted, they only wanted to give the IMPRESSION that they gave a shit. It's very clear that the company had virtually no one internally working on MCC because they do not give a flying fuck about it or the fan base.

I'm assuming someone higher up sent out a mass email telling everyone to not Tweet anything else out cause clearly the shit is still broken as fuck.

That moment when everyone's freaking out but I did a hard reset and have been steady finding games for the last 2 hours.

Thank you. I will report your experience to 343 Industries.

-Reports data to 343 Industries-

Next update on Waypoint about the game: The game has seen a matchmaking search time improvement of over 100%.

When people ask to see proof of this statistic, 343 will show them this post.

:kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 2

It annoys me that you use a "0" instead of an "O".  :bravo:  

Sorry sir let me correct it.  :kappa:

Thank you. I will report your experience to 343 Industries.

-Reports data to 343 Industries-

Next update on Waypoint about the game: The game has seen a matchmaking search time improvement of over 100%.

:kappa:

"In rare cases, some players are still experiencing extended search times. We are working around the clock to fix these issues. Thank you for your continued patience!" :bravo:

My fucking patience has a limit.

• Upvote (+1) 1

"In rare cases, some players are still experiencing extended search times. We are working around the clock to fix these issues. Thank you for your continued patience!" :bravo:

My fucking patience has a limit.

12437501.jpg

The face of Halo.

Bad news = This game is completely broken and unplayable with friends. 343 has burnt its last bridge and lost all credibility.

Good news = This thread has kept me entertained non stop for hours!! 

I friggin love you all.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Yeah, and now sometimes I can't exit the carnage report. There's no "B" option so I have to quit and restart the game. Who the fuck tests these 'patches'?

Obviously the same ppl who tested the game

• Upvote (+1) 1