CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

MrCMF2l.jpg

PIeNJYA.jpg

Bad news: This patch only fixed minor issues an not the serious matchmaking ones.

Good news: These memes are amazing.

Idk what to feel anymore about this.

It's 4:32AM in the UK as I write this, with GTA V paused to the right of me. I played a few games right after the patch came out and found them pretty fast when running solo. I thought fuck this, I want to play with some friends so I hit up @@FrankTheShow and we started searching. For ten minutes we got absolutely nothing and when we finally backed out - we didn't stick together. Apparently that should have been fixed in the update. 

We eventually went into custom games and started some 2v2s with @@Proto and Lenox. Fun was had and then we tried to search in matchmaking again. We waited for a good ten minutes and we only found games with "Searching..." so we stopped playing.

This has got to be the most depressing thing ever. Bravo has been silent on Twitter since the patch came out and hasn't replied to a single tweet about parties not being able to find games. Tashi - the community coordinator has been absolutely silent. Dan Ayoub hasn't tweeted in over seven days.

At this point I don't care that matchmaking is broken, I'm pissed that after nine days we have had two updates. One which attempted to fix Campaign issues (which still occur) and another which attempted to fix Matchmaking issues and ultimately didn't do a thing for those who actually play with friends. 

Once this is all over, I am seriously excited to see if they are brutally honest with us and explain how this entire launch became the clusterfuck it did and why it took so long to fix. Or if they just brush it aside, keep saying Sorry and hope Halo 5: Guardians doesn't run into the same issues with the beta in December and the launch next year.

JUST TALK TO US. TELL US WHAT IS GOING SO WRONG. PLEASE.

Whatever, I'm going to sleep.

We all know it's going to be this.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Love Halo. Been there since day 1 (except reach and halo 4) and even bought my xBone last week just for halo MCC. But for now, i've given up and can use that $60 towards something else until this game is playable. Contacted xbox through the online chat, and got my money refunded (i purchased digitally also) Before I could even tell them there was a problem, they asked if I was looking for a refund. Easy as 1, 2, 3. Like I said, yes I'll probably buy this again because I'm feigning to play Halo 2 but my money can be used else where. 

Unbelievable.

I feel sorry for the people who bought this bullshit digitally.

I feel more sorry for people who wasted hundreds of dollars just for Halo and they get this bullshit.  I'm glad that decades of franchise betrayals such as Ultima, Quake, Halo, Warcraft, Total War with Rome 2 etc. have taught me never to trust a single developer's words on anything.  All they care about is pleasing their shareholders and fuck the consumers.  Because most consumers don't have the will to let those who screw them over die because that means the games die with them.  And sadly gamers won't allow a few sacrifices ala martyrs to happen.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So have they said anything since they told us the patch was out?

Nope. The community manager has gone silent, the other community guy doesn't even tweet and their PR is absolutely silent.

Nope. The community manager has gone silent, the other community guy doesn't even tweet and their PR is absolutely silent.

Tsk Tsk..

I can already predict 343's statement

We recently rolled out a new update that is now available for download when you start up Halo: The Master Chief Collection. You can see the patch notes [here]. The patch successfully improved matchmaking search times by reducing the waiting time in between matches by [insert an inflated percentage here]. We are currently aware that search times for parties are still not at an optimal level. We will be implementing future updates to fix the party issues sometimes next week. We are also currently aware of parties being split, and teams still being uneven. These problems will also be addressed in a future update.

Our current priority is to provide the optimal matchmaking experience to the players. And more yada, yada, yada

They'll just act like of this was planned and that the patch wasn't a complete failure.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Once this is all over, I am seriously excited to see if they are brutally honest with us and explain how this entire launch became the clusterfuck it did and why it took so long to fix. Or if they just brush it aside, keep saying Sorry and hope Halo 5: Guardians doesn't run into the same issues with the beta in December and the launch next year.

They'll probably give us a PR answer in a H5 ViDoc promo video near its release date. My guess is, "we took on too much and learned from our mistakes. H5 will be the best eVar!"..

So depressing.... Can't find a single game I'm just stuck at 'players found' every time..... Disaster doesn't even begin to describe this

• Upvote (+1) 1

I can't tell if he thinks we are 343 or not, but still.

Well we are the only ones talking to the community right now.

• Upvote (+1) 8

JUST TALK TO US. TELL US WHAT IS GOING SO WRONG. PLEASE.

This isn't the first time this happens. I remember writing this thread about 2 months after Halo 4 launch because the game was full of issues and weird design decisions and 343 took so long to address anything and never even mentioned the slightest thing regarding all those mistakes they had made. People were flipping shit, the population was tanking and 343 just sat there and were dead silent in front of the mess that was happening.

Not a single newspost addressed the actual problems and they always shrugged it off with claims like "Hey we've sold a lot of games, we're doing good!" when the numbers (online pop.) made it dead obvious.

343 just tends to go dead silent when something goes wrong... I'm sure there's a higher-up to blame for this once they sit in the meeting room. I'm sure it kills Bravo not to be able to reassure us and tell us what's happening, but that's just how it is... we'll have to wait until there's a solution in the works, which will take even more time because it looks like Microsoft only has so much cash and personnel to allocate to TOP PRIORITY ISSUES CONCERNING THEIR FLAGSHIP CONSOLE TITLE.

I dunno it's just sad. Someone somewhere is doing a terrible job.

• Upvote (+1) 5

- Rigged Team BR's to be voted for every time.

this is actually legitimately true. team brs wasn't voted for twice and it still got picked

• Upvote (+1) 1

- While waiting 20 minutes for a match, we have added a "players found" indicator and a "connecting session" notifier to get your hopes up while searching.

I noticed this shit too. Wtf 343?

I love how Bravo was answering all questions when the patch came out, but after the players downloaded the patch and realized how much of a failure it was, he stopped.

Didn't Kobe say yesterday something about when times get tough, you work the hardest. Yeaa...