CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

If this doesn't fix everything I'm starting my own league and winning all the tournaments I run

It is clear to me as a senior in college when someone clearly knows nothing about how a business is run

#NotTheOnion

• Upvote (+1) 3

Yeah I'm stoked. Only thing that made me sad was that they fixed the spawns on Shrine only for objective game modes, not slayer :(

Looks like we're going to have to keep our head on the swivel

Huh? that's how sanctuary works in halo 2. Did you play halo 2? it's on the disc...go test it. It plays better this way. Forget the version you played in Reach, it was inaccurate. 

One of those things I will never understand why it was removed/never caught during testing...

Yeah, I noticed that too. I don't think they'll change that, although I don't know of anyone, including casuals, who ever liked 5v5. Their intent is probably to get more action and maybe faster games, but just.. no.

Think you will find squad slayer is awesome. But yeah should be 4v4 for TS and all that.

I'm surprised that there is no mention of halo 3 surround sound. Has anyone else noticed that it is completely wrong?

One of those things I will never understand why it was removed/never caught during testing...

Yeah, I noticed that too. I don't think they'll change that, although I don't know of anyone, including casuals, who ever liked 5v5. Their intent is probably to get more action and maybe faster games, but just.. no.

This absolutely boggles my mind. Halo has always been 4v4. Midship 5v5's are just absolute cluster****s

If I get on after work tomorrow night and get put in a game 4v3 I'm going to go crazy. This seems like it would've been one of the simplest fixes but it wasn't addressed in the patch notes.

nor did I see a fix for games of uneven teams. Just skimmed over it though so I could have missed it.

Yeah I noticed that as well. As long as the MM times are fixed, I can wait a week or two on the other fixes, but uneven teams and splitting up parties on different teams needs to be top priority after this patch.

It is clear to me as a senior in college when someone clearly knows nothing about how a business is run. 

How many businesses have you ran? How many video games have you made?

None of us know how a video game corporation operates, so don't put down others. These forums are for discussion about the game. Not for you to show off your degree (albeit with no actual real world experience).

Are they ever going to add in game mic indicators? I never know who the fuck I'm talking to

This and

-Ranks randomly resetting

-10 player playlists, 12 for BTB

-Being able to see who you're matching with (big issue)

-JIP and "Closed" for custom games.. (Could have missed this one, skimmed through it.)

Hopefully the next patch is sooner rather than later

If this patch works like I expect it to, I will be on Halo all day Friday. Let's grind.

Me 2 it's my day off.

That's a pretty ambitious patch. I'm sure the issues with uneven games and splitting parties will be mostly addressed by the matchmaking search time fix.

If the game works like it should tomorrow I will be surprised, but happy that this whole period will be behind us.

I'm also very impressed they worked in the CE netcode fix. Hope that it makes the difference that it needs to.

• Upvote (+1) 2

How many businesses have you ran? How many video games have you made?

None of us know how a video game corporation operates, so don't put down others. These forums are for discussion about the game. Not for you to show off your degree (albeit with no actual real world experience).

By your logic, there's no reason study anything. Which of course is wrong.

I think what he meant was there's a difference between studying something and have first hand experience in it.

I think what he was saying is that studying in College is not a good substitute for real-world experience, which is absolutely correct. Studying is valuable and provides a knowledge base that is vital to advanced careers, but acting all smug about a college education, especially when you haven't even graduated yet, looks quite ridiculous. 

On the patch, I'm really, really hoping that the CE netcode stuff works. Game is already a blast to play, and any improvement in hit detection will be godsend.