CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Also, hats off to Bravo for answering basically every question tossed his way. He is a true community manager, which is awesome to see

Yeah Bravo's great. I hope he starts up YouTube again, I enjoyed his gameplay commentary's.

If my game relied exclusivley on one core service working correctly, personally I would make damn sure that core service wasn't broken. It's like a car with no battery; yeah, it's just one issue, but the car can't run without it.

Also, hats off to Bravo for answering basically every question tossed his way. He is a true community manager, which is awesome to see

Nothing against him, but he answers every question except mine.

Never responded to my tweets. Not blocked. I'd say I tweet enough where its noticeable but not annoying. Maybe I'm just unlucky  :bravo:

How sick would it be if they pushed back the update a couple days because they knew that they could just release an update that would fix every single problem with the game. One can dream...

That moment when you cycle os, camo and rockets the entire game and go 32-4 on Battle Creek.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm sorry but people commenting on azure don't have the knowledge or insight to make such claims. Azure is a huge server farm. Its like blaming google servers for a software bug, complete nonsense. It is used for tons of stuff with far more serious uptime requirements and far more demanding then a game like Halo. If the issue lies within azure I would bet money that it is the underlying software that is the issue, not the azure infrastructure. Plus the update is a content patch to your console, highly doubt that is Azures fault.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Bravo is the man. Back when I was still running the content team at MLG many moons ago, he wrote some really great pieces for us and was a true professional about the work. I've always been really impressed with his work ethic and it's how he's been able to carve out a position at 343. 

Rolling out a big product release tomorrow at the AP; essentially the culmination of my last six months of work. I'm really, really hoping it goes better than the MCC launch did, haha. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hopefully the firth patch fixes some party related stuff. I want to at least play custom games reliably. 

Choo-choo!

• Upvote (+1) 3

is there an expected release of the patch notes?

Before the patch is all we know.

Who the fuck decided it was a good idea to leave out the final score of the game in the post game carnage report, Im im not going to add up everyones hill/ball time.

• Upvote (+1) 3

If my game relied exclusivley on one core service working correctly, personally I would make damn sure that core service wasn't broken. It's like a car with no battery; yeah, it's just one issue, but the car can't run without it.

Agreed -- and more importantly it points to the bigger issue: if the hinge point of the entire multiplayer experience wasn't tested exhaustively before release, then we can reasonably conclude that the rest of the *details* were flat-out ignored.

We are seeing evidence of that already (map geometries, oneth, sound glitches, broken CE, regular game freezes).

The connectivity issue will get fixed. It's everything else that makes me more worried. Remains to be seen how much they can salvage before they dump the project entirely, because they sure as shit aren't pushing back H5 release to fix a game they already sold to people. I give the game until New Year's to be fully fixed before 343 pulls the plug and abandons the project (ala Halo 4).