CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I hope with this new patch they redo the team size and fix unbalanced teams in MM. 5v5 on Warlord is so terribly difficult... 

[email protected] all you kids salivating over the idea of free Halo 5 content. Have you been watching the promo vids? Why do you want to encourage 343's latest Halo abortion?

The only thing that would make up for this would be free MCC content, seeming as how the MCC (when it works) is a real Halo game and Halo 5 looks like it won't be. And if it really is not going to happen, then 343 didn't make up for their huge letdown. Halo 5 content is not going to make amends, even if they gave me the whole game free and Dan Ayoub showed up to my house and personally gave me a sensual prostate massage.

Why are you so scared of Halo 5?  The hit boxes look tiny and auto seems little to none.  You're an idiot if you use sprint defensively and the ADS is not real ADS.  It's the exact same scope mechanics we're used to with a different visual.  I am excited to try out the Beta. And I wouldn't mind playing it early while they get MCC into shape.

• Upvote (+1) 2

We need to make a song titled "12 days of Halo"

On the firth day of Halo

343 Industries gave to me

A completely broken MCC

Ftfy

• Upvote (+1) 4

Not bragging, just "vocalizing" some positive experiences:

1) Late this past Friday night (Saturday morning, technically), I got matched up / teamed with SK on H2A Warlord (TS, I believe it was), and our team obviously won: SK got something in the realm of high 20's for kills, very few deaths; don't remember the exact stats. I msg'ed him afterward to say "GGs" and threw in a comment akin to, "How's about next time you leave some kills for the rest of us?" lol. I went like 10 & 8 or something ridiculous.

2) This past Monday night, I believe it was, I got matched / teamed with Victory X on H2A Lockdown TS. This time, I did pretty decently: 18 & 5 k/d, he went 25 & 4 if I remember correctly. Even after I booted a teammate who, mid-way through the match, kept running behind me shooting me and ended up betraying me with a shotgun on snipe ramp for absolutely no reason at all. He was dead weight anyway, had like 7 kills and probably eleventy-six deaths. I'll have to check that, actually... I'd be interested to know if he was just butt-sore because Vic & I were dominating the game, or if he stupidly ran over my nade at some point or something and couldn't conceptualize the idea of a "mistake" lol.

Anyhoo, I haven't played since then due to a severe sinus infection that I am on my way to the doctor for here in a few mins. But those were a couple of pretty neat & enjoyable experiences for a change!

Ftfy

hahahaha can't believe I missed that. The first time I read that while playing I nearly pissed myself.

Fkn spelling errors on a triple A game launch.

Looks like 343 is super confident with this update they are about to release.  I couldn't see them in not delaying HCS if they didn't iron everything out and found the main issue.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Lol at people acting like you need to be a lawyer to figure this shit out.

honestly most of this is common sense.This is not wizardry.

If you buy a product and it is faulty, you have the right to make certain claims like them having to repair it or getting a refund etc.

Matchmaking is a MAJOR feature of the game and it does not work anywhere near acceptable levels -  how can it be hard to understand it is an implied feature?

Of course it implied. That isn't even an assumption. It's incredibly obvious - thats why it's not spelled out what exactly every single product has to do or not do to be considered faulty.

And It doesn't matter if they'll get around to fixing it, because we dont even have the guarantee these "fixes" are even going to help.

If you bought a new car and it wouldn't drive, and someone told you dont worry just send it to the manifacturer they might get fix it if they ever feel like it, you would probably have to strongly resist the urge of punching that guy in the face.

Even if it's something minor like lets say the sound system doesn't work properly, you still have leverage to demand a fix. If your product either has an implicit feature or a feature that is advertised, it is your right to actually get what you where advertised.

The 343 defense force needs to get over the fact that no amount of defending a shitty product is going to make it any better, and the less people complain, the less likely it is for MCC to get fixed.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Looks like 343 is super confident with this update they are about to release.  I couldn't see them in not delaying HCS if they didn't iron everything out and found the main issue.

That seems a bit promising. And I understand your standpoint for the most part Horror. They will eventually workout the bugs, and I think 343 was damned if it launched with a few bugs or as many as they had, people would bitch. However, I just hope you see the perspective of the average forum-goer that the problem simply comes down to how unplayable it is in its current state, and many of us purchased the game under the assumption that matchmaking and things of that nature would function since they've been done before. I think most peoples concerns were towards using PC versions of H1/H2 for the base, and gave little thought to the idea that matchmaking would incur so many damn problems to the point it was impossible to find games, search with your friends, etc. My concern personally is the damage that may have been done to the Halo community and population by having so many bugs at time of launch. We shall see what the end of this week holds.

• Upvote (+1) 2

So the best scenario right now is to have notes released today to see what is going to be fixed, and tomorrow/Friday hopefully released it seems?

That seems a bit promising. And I understand your standpoint for the most part Horror. They will eventually workout the bugs, and I think 343 was damned if it launched with a few bugs or as many as they had, people would bitch. However, I just hope you see the perspective of the average forum-goer that the problem simply comes down to how unplayable it is in its current state, and many of us purchased the game under the assumption that matchmaking and things of that nature would function since they've been done before. I think most peoples concerns were towards using PC versions of H1/H2 for the base, and gave little thought to the idea that matchmaking would incur so many damn problems to the point it was impossible to find games, search with your friends, etc. My concern personally is the damage that may have been done to the Halo community and population by having so many bugs at time of launch. We shall see what the end of this week holds.

It is all down to one issue, which is the Azure servers.  It is not that MCC has so many bugs, it's that MCC has majority of the game revolve around one service which is the Azure servers.  That one bug is what is causing all these problems.

The problem I have with people's comments is that they are saying that MCC overall is super buggy with hundreds of bugs and the core features are broken.  When it isn't that, it's just that matchmaking, partying up, achievements all run off one service that is having the problem.  Once the Azure servers bug gets fixed, everything else will work.

• Downvote (-1) 5

It is all down to one issue, which is the Azure servers.  It is not that MCC has so many bugs, it's that MCC has majority of the game revolve around one service which is the Azure servers.  That one bug is what is causing all these problems.

And there are more bugs beyond Matchmaking, which is what I'm trying to point out. Saying "bugs", "issues", "problems" isn't exclusive to the matchmaking issue.

And there are more bugs beyond Matchmaking, which is what I'm trying to point out. Saying "bugs", "issues", "problems" isn't exclusive to the matchmaking issue.

What bugs are there that doesn't rely on the Azure servers?  From my understanding, majority of the biggest issues rely on Azure which is the problem.

• Downvote (-1) 4

What bugs are there that doesn't rely on the Azure servers?  From my understanding, majority of the biggest issues rely on Azure which is the problem.

Isn't Azure servers them servers MS were boosting about before Xbox One came out?

The number of issues concerning porting from PC to XBox One for H1 or H2 when it comes to hit detection, geometry, etc. So I should say, "When I say bugs, issues, problems, etc." it's not exclusive to matchmaking, not speaking for everyone else. Now I'll admit my education is a bit lacking here but I've heard people say they've selected a game of H1 or H2 in the few games of matchmaking they can get, and it half loads the map with blank textures or instead loads H2A which wasn't even an option, etc. Are these Azure Server issues as well?

• Upvote (+1) 2

I will keep from making personal attacks, but holy shit does your comment push my boundaries.  No where in the software world is there an implicit agreement for software to be fully functional when purchased.  You know why? bugs. bugs. bugs. bugs. bugs. bugs. bugs. bugs. bugs. bugs.

And after bugs, there comes patches! or updates! or revisions! or whatever you want to call it.

I don't think you realize how ridiculous your comment sounds.  Software is released every day with bugs, there are known bugs in software by major companies that never get fixed.  Second of all, software with major bugs... tends to get fixed.  In this case, it will get fixed.

As a software engineer, I understand what you are saying.  I almost always validate an initial release expecting to almost immediately turn around and deploy patches to fix bugs.   You just can't can't realistically catch every bug that could occur. 

However, I think you were neg repped so hard on this post because people think you were defending 343 for releasing software with an extreme amount of bugs.  Hopefully you weren't.  A good software company knows there will be bugs and has a solution to rapidly deploy patches to fix them.  Also, the term bug is being used VERY widely here.  343 did not only release a game with bugs in it.  They released a game that is basically lacking entire use cases.  Some core features are barely operational, and unfortunately they are the uses cases that the majority of end users care about; multiplayer. That's not only a bug or a "defect," it's a fault!  And fault's are no bueno and should not be anticipated or viewed as acceptable by the end user and especially the developer.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Isn't Azure servers them servers MS were boosting about before Xbox One came out?

Yes, MCC is their first major FPS launch to use Azure servers exclusively.  They've had Titanfall and Forza on Azure, but MCC is a pretty big launch for it.

The number of issues concerning porting from PC to XBox One for H1 or H2 when it comes to hit detection, geometry, etc. So I should say, "When I say bugs, issues, problems, etc." it's not exclusive to matchmaking, not speaking for everyone else. Now I'll admit my education is a bit lacking here but I've heard people say they've selected a game of H1 or H2 in the few games of matchmaking they can get, and it half loads the map with blank textures or instead loads H2A which wasn't even an option, etc. Are these Azure Server issues as well?

Not all of those problems are due to Azure like geometry issues in games but the game choosing one is.  From reading 343's talking points and tweets, it seems like players lose their session connection with the Azure servers after a period of time.  It seems to also have a difficulty of handling sessions and creating sessions also.  A person choosing H2 with H2A coming back is most likely that Azure lost connection to update the players on what game was chosen, but later re-established connection and put the game that was chosen.

Pretty much whoever is responsible for the code that connects MCC to Azure has major bugs with the connectivity.  Unfortunately, we will not get to know the real patch notes and fixes to that since its proprietary code.

As a software engineer, I understand what you are saying.  I almost always validate an initial release expecting to almost immediately turn around and deploy patches to fix bugs.   You just can't can't realistically catch every bug that could occur. 

However, I think you were neg repped so hard on this post because people think you were defending 343 for releasing software with an extreme amount of bugs.  Hopefully you weren't.  A good software company knows there will be bugs and has a solution to rapidly deploy patches to fix them.  Also, the term bug is being used VERY widely here.  343 did not only release a game with bugs in it.  They released a game that is basically lacking entire use cases.  Some core features are barely operational, and unfortunately they are the uses cases that the majority of end users care about; multiplayer. That's not only a bug or a "defect," it's a fault!  And fault's are no bueno and should not be anticipated or viewed as acceptable by the end user and especially the developer.

Yeah, I understand why people are mad.  But I honestly believe this is all caused by their implementation of using Azure servers for their game.  And unfortunately, that one thing can cause a wide range of issues with the game due to it being really dependent on them.

Why are you so scared of Halo 5? The hit boxes look tiny and auto seems little to none. You're an idiot if you use sprint defensively and the ADS is not real ADS. It's the exact same scope mechanics we're used to with a different visual. I am excited to try out the Beta. And I wouldn't mind playing it early while they get MCC into shape.

I'm looking forward to trying H5 and to leave my feedback on the game afterwards.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

What bugs are there that doesn't rely on the Azure servers? From my understanding, majority of the biggest issues rely on Azure which is the problem.

This is largely correct I assume, as the loss of saves for campaign and Forge has to do with pulling data from Azure as well.