CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

IF they don't delay it again, yes that means Sunday is the latest date. However, I doubt that they have many people working on Sunday so I'd imagine Saturday is latest.

Hopefully it will be before Saturday!

Dear Diary,

I originally thought that Destiny would have been my warm up game to get used to the XB1 before getting MCC. Well it's more than a week since MCC has released and I haven't tried it. I am still enjoying the better than expected Destiny game. It's nice playing a game that has full developer support, frequent updates, and a sound gaming experience. Raids are amazing. I hear MCC is a cesspool and has piss poor support.

Wouldn't have imagined playing Destiny a week into MCC, but it is the superior gaming experience right now. With MCC looking to remain broken and unplayable weeks even months into its launch, why even bother?

I'd rather play AdvWarfare then Destiny.  The campaign was entertaining at times while it's short life lasted.  The multiplayer was egregious.  I refuse to waste more time on Destiny.  I would maybe play the campaign again if it came out on PC.  MAYBE.   

But instead I am playing through CE campaign on Legendary and forging. Along with customs when the lobby will permit.

I am really itching to play some more reverse tag on Dammy!

That first battle was missing a couple shots, but the 2nd was downright terrible were you lagging? Haven't they been using P2P hosts instead of dedicated servers since the servers are broke? I thought I saw something about traditional player hosting since the servers suck

First one was just me being bad. Second was ridiculous. H2A keeps rubberbanding, throwing grenades that never come out, shooting rockets that delay, and eating shots. Every other game isn't nearly as bad lag wise as this

I believe that's the case, I think for now they are using P2P but the system is supposed to function in a way that is uses dedicated server unless distance/speed to servers is undesirable to players, then fallback to P2P hosting. I think this also supposed to be used in the event as it is now, the servers shit out.

Makes sense, when I get into a MM game I have perfect connection... it's just getting into one/having balanced teams. 

First one was just me being bad. Second was ridiculous. H2A keeps rubberbanding, throwing grenades that never come out, shooting rockets that delay, and eating shots. Every other game isn't nearly as bad lag wise as this

What's your connection like? The few MM games I have gotten into have had really good connection... although I've only been in like 3-4 of them. Customs seems fine too. 

You think it's the game trying to bounce from dedi's to P2P host mid game?

Dear Diary,

I originally thought that Destiny would have been my warm up game to get used to the XB1 before getting MCC. Well it's more than a week since MCC has released and I haven't tried it. I am still enjoying the better than expected Destiny game. It's nice playing a game that has full developer support, frequent updates, and a sound gaming experience. Raids are amazing. I hear MCC is a cesspool and has piss poor support.

Wouldn't have imagined playing Destiny a week into MCC, but it is the superior gaming experience right now. With MCC looking to remain broken and unplayable weeks even months into its launch, why even bother?

Theres 1 raid. I played it enough. I've done every nightfall. I'm level 30. PVP is dumb. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Why am i so unluck to always get matched up with ppl not liking halo 1 for the rare times i find a game? Ugh i didnt buy this game to play h2/3 (no disrespect) and defffenitly not with smg start. I really hope they bring out dedicated playlists for h1 and hopefully fix the matchmaking to be playable atleast with next patch.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Haven't had a single laggy game in H2A yet (happened in H3 where people were straight teleporting around and on CE as well, but usually it's one player lagging because of their internet). It also happened before games started using dedis instead of P2P. Now it's perfectly fine.

It might be your internet. What's your speed like and what country are you from?

I don't think I've got a dedicated server game on the MCC since about a few days after it came out. It usually says 'connecting to dedicated server' in the lobby so you can tell when you're on one.

Part of me suspects that 343 disabled servers as part of their mini patch/tweak to allow them to work on fixing and testing them properly before restoring in a patch.

Either way, if you see lag in the MCC, just know it's not to do with netcode (apart from H1) and is instead the fault of the game picking some guy in an African tribal hut as a P2P host - Halo just as you remember it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Haven't had a single laggy game in H2A yet (happened in H3 where people were straight teleporting around and on CE as well, but usually it's one player lagging because of their internet). It also happened before games started using dedis instead of P2P. Now it's perfectly fine.

It might be your internet. What's your speed like and what country are you from?

My internet is pretty crap, I live in the US. None of the other games on MCC are anywhere near as laggy

Even though this game is half broken at this moment, we all know the platform of the game is great. You get the feeling of the good ol' halo days playing MCC. Listen, they messed up. 343 is not running away from there mistake. They are owning up to it and actively keeping us up to date as to what they will fix while working around the clock. Stay patient my friends.

I agree with this sentiment. The part that needs reconciled is the fact that they let people get hyped for launch and even encouraged people to pre download so they could play at midnight. I get that it's an impossible situation as you can't come out and tell the fans to not get too pumped because we didn't have time to fully test the game and obviously they couldn't push the release date. I think in the long term we'll get what we paid for, but some sort of compensation for every one that made plans based on this things release would be appropriate.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I agree with this sentiment. The part that needs reconciled is the fact that they let people get hyped for launch and even encouraged people to pre download so they could play at midnight. I get that it's an impossible situation as you can't come out and tell the fans to not get too pumped because we didn't have time to fully test the game and obviously they couldn't push the release date. I think in the long term we'll get what we paid for, but some sort of compensation for every one that made plans based on this things release would be appropriate.

My guess is, if they do anything at all, they will give compensation in the form of an in game item for Halo 5. Say a weapon skin or piece of armor for anyone that had a game logged in the first week or so of the MCC. That lets them save face, at least a little, and it also encourages people to buy their next game.

I never thought I'd have a bad time on Midship until last night. Midship KOTH with plasma rifle starts against iqx1k and someone named Gilbert God 3 (awesome name), who I'm guessing is from Beyond.

finally getting games pretty consistently...and by that I mean 2v4s...

have they said anything about when they are dropping this patch today???

finally getting games pretty consistently...and by that I mean 2v4s...

have they said anything about when they are dropping this patch today???

It's not coming out today anymore

My guess is, if they do anything at all, they will give compensation in the form of an in game item for Halo 5. Say a weapon skin or piece of armor for anyone that had a game logged in the first week or so of the MCC. That lets them save face, at least a little, and it also encourages people to buy their next game.

Warlord of Draenor's launch also was very rocky with connectivity and availability issues in terms of the servers. Blizzard's response was 5 days of free subscription time. Curious to see how 343 handles the situation, an in game item would be appreciated, xbl subscription time would be nice too. I'm seeing folks asking for free dlc h2a maps which I doubt is possible.

Warlord of Draenor's launch also was very rocky with connectivity and availability issues in terms of the servers. Blizzard's response was 5 days of free subscription time. Curious to see how 343 handles the situation, an in game item would be appreciated, xbl subscription time would be nice too. I'm seeing folks asking for free dlc h2a maps which I doubt is possible.

Yeah the DLC is basically out of the question, and unfortunately there is no in game time they can hand out, because 343 isn't in charge of the XBL subscriptions.So who knows what they will do, if anything.

But they got DDoS'd which lead to a lot more problems than they would have had.  As with 343 it was 100% incompetence.

But they got DDoS'd which lead to a lot more problems than they would have had.  As with 343 it was 100% incompetence.

It was a combination of the DDoS and their servers. The attacks concluded and they still had trouble getting players into realms. 2k+ ques to login, plus massive stability issues unrelated to the DDoS attacks. I'm not making excuses for 343

My preferred compensation for this fiasco would be a lifetime pass to all Halo DLC for everyone who played the MCC on launch week.

Would be kinda genius too for 343 because it would heavily incentivize those of us angry with 343 to continue buying halo games in the future.

• Upvote (+1) 1