CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Has anyone released patch notes before releasing the patch?  I've always seemed to come across any patch notes a couple hours after the patch has been released.

Has anyone released patch notes before releasing the patch?  I've always seemed to come across any patch notes a couple hours after the patch has been released.

Most companies release the patch notes before the patch goes live, but its not days before its usually a day before or the day of. They can't release patch notes before the patch is finished, so i understand why we haven't seen the notes yet.

They stated in their latest update that they'll release them before the patch goes live. I'd imagine that they already sent the patch to Microsoft and are waiting to see whether it passes cert this time around.

Even though this game is half broken at this moment, we all know the platform of the game is great. You get the feeling of the good ol' halo days playing MCC. Listen, they messed up. 343 is not running away from there mistake. They are owning up to it and actively keeping us up to date as to what they will fix while working around the clock. Stay patient my friends.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I've seen various companies do it before - at this point I just want a basic idea of what these "matchmaking" and "non-matchmaking" issues they are fixing are. Are they fixing search times, split teams, playlist sizes? 

Let me know :/

• Upvote (+1) 2

WOW.

I think I'll avoid clicking waypoint links in the future so I don't get the urge to backtrace all the people posting and go round to their house and stab them in the dick with a rusty knife to protect the future generations.

The OP is literally a clueless piece of shit, and anyone else in that thread who is terrible at Halo and wants the developer to make the game easier for them rather than actually learn how to play can go and die. It's so sad that there isn't even a good voice of reason in that thread. A few people are saying 'BRs are the best/most versatile weapon' but nobody thought to point out to the OP that Halo 2 wasn't the first fucking Halo game, and H1 completely revolved around the pistol.

This is why newer Halos have been so terrible. They're pandering to the new, lazy generation of gamers that want everything handed to them. If they start playing a game and aren't 'great' at it they cry and then move on to something that will make them feel good. The worst part of it all is that this is a trend the gaming industry started themselves by making games progressively more easy and less challenging.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Is there any word on the content update? Have they rescheduled or are they just gonna drop it on us? 

Is there any word on the content update? Have they rescheduled or are they just gonna drop it on us? 

Delayed till "later this week", whenever that ends up being. Haven't heard much since then.

I'm going to assume that they are trying to fix as many bugs as they can before the weekend so I'd use Friday as the latest estimate. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Dear diary

It is now day 8 since the MCC came out

It's still busted

The end

Dear Diary,

I originally thought that Destiny would have been my warm up game to get used to the XB1 before getting MCC. Well it's more than a week since MCC has released and I haven't tried it. I am still enjoying the better than expected Destiny game. It's nice playing a game that has full developer support, frequent updates, and a sound gaming experience. Raids are amazing. I hear MCC is a cesspool and has piss poor support.

Wouldn't have imagined playing Destiny a week into MCC, but it is the superior gaming experience right now. With MCC looking to remain broken and unplayable weeks even months into its launch, why even bother?

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Delayed till "later this week", whenever that ends up being. Haven't heard much since then.

Hoping that means Thursday or Friday, would love for it to be fixed by the weekend. 

"later this week" means it would definitely drop by Saturday right? That is technically the end of "later this week" right?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Wonder if the 2nd episode of nightfall is any good?  It was available last night but I was too tired to watch it.  I thought the first episode was pretty good though.

Hoping that means Thursday or Friday, would love for it to be fixed by the weekend. 

"later this week" means it would definitely drop by Saturday right? That is technically the end of "later this week" right?

With software estimates, it's always safe to double an initial estimate of time needed.  So, we'll probably get it next Wednesday.

• Upvote (+1) 2

That first battle was missing a couple shots, but the 2nd was downright terrible were you lagging? Haven't they been using P2P hosts instead of dedicated servers since the servers are broke? I thought I saw something about traditional player hosting since the servers suck 

IF they don't delay it again, yes that means Sunday is the latest date. However, I doubt that they have many people working on Sunday so I'd imagine Saturday is latest.

• Upvote (+1) 1

A friday late afternoon release would be the most ideal... until then I'm not even gonna bother attempting to play. It's really really bad.

That first battle was missing a couple shots, but the 2nd was downright terrible were you lagging? Haven't they been using P2P hosts instead of dedicated servers since the servers are broke? I thought I saw something about traditional player hosting since the servers suck 

I believe that's the case, I think for now they are using P2P but the system is supposed to function in a way that is uses dedicated server unless distance/speed to servers is undesirable to players, then fallback to P2P hosting. I think this also supposed to be used in the event as it is now, the servers shit out.

• Upvote (+1) 1