CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Yeah this is easily my last console cycle no doubts about that. MCC might be the last game I buy for my Xbone as well; they're sure as shit not getting my money for Halo 5. Good thing I have a nice library of steam games I've been neglecting.

Let's play the BETA first bro.

Come back in a week or so before you see what's happened and then pretend there wasn't such thing as a launch.

I don't get it.

Anyone here have a scuf? How much easier has it become to double shot for you? I don't plan on buying one but I was curious.

Whenever this HCE stuff gets setup I want in

I might buy one for the one. i have a scuf for  the 360 when i was playing blackops two and ghost. they are a game changer for sure.

The scary prospect here is that many of these items may never be resolved. In any product development cycle, you have something known as the "MVP" - Minimum Viable Product, aka what is the bare minimum level we need to meet in order to release the product and capitalize on the revenue.

I have no doubt 343 will pick up and fix a majority, if not all, of the biggest issues with the game, but I'm not sure if they'll determine it's worth their budget and resources to push out additional fixes for low/medium bugs and quality-of-life improvements with Halo 5 on the way. The number of issues plaguing the game has almost definitely had a severe impact on their budget, so it will be interesting to see if the brass at 343 (or even MS) determine it necessary to continue to spend money in order to fix some of this stuff once they determine they've hit their MVP.

This.

343 sees this game as a stopgap product until H5. The small glitches, the ones that don't affect most people but ultimately give the game true longevity, will likely never be fixed.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Honestly, I would be more than happy if they fixed the game so it actually allowed parties to stick together and play customs/MM, and then they made the CE netcode better. I would be fine if that's all they fixed.

• Upvote (+1) 1

He will be there at midnight next year. Guaranteed fact.

I'll do you one better; a guaranteed true fact.

So I took a break from trying to get MM games and play campaign for the last 3 days. I finally search one game in TS and get a 4v4. The lobby votes CE Chill out! Yes! 

The game loads, I'm super excited... and to my disappointment, the glitched Blood Gulch version is on my screen and the game is FFA with Plasma Pistol starts.

42a46479f48548d1d77fe13f2c574446.png

Why is this even a thing.

• Upvote (+1) 4

So I took a break from trying to get MM games and play campaign for the last 3 days. I finally search one game in TS and get a 4v4. The lobby votes CE Chill out! Yes! 

The game loads, I'm super excited... and to my disappointment, the glitched Blood Gulch version is on my screen and the game is FFA with Plasma Pistol starts.

42a46479f48548d1d77fe13f2c574446.png

Why is this even a thing.

BECAUSE THE GAME IS BROKEN!!!!!!!! lol

• Upvote (+1) 1

You guys want to do some CE customs tonight?

Played it a little more last night and the connection seemed way better than last week.

Man this whole ordeal is still sad. Anyone else wake up every day and jump on matchmaking just telling yourself, "it's gonna work today the last couple days were just a fluke" and then find yourself searching... getting lagged out of games you get... having the game crash over and over... not being able to even get a 4v4 custom going without a problem.

Devastating.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Man this whole ordeal is still sad. Anyone else wake up every day and jump on matchmaking just telling yourself, "it's gonna work today the last couple days were just a fluke" and then find yourself searching... getting lagged out of games you get... having the game crash over and over... not being able to even get a 4v4 custom going without a problem.

Devastating.

I gave up on matchmaking, all I do now is forge campaign and customs. Don't even try to search until the game is fixed.

So this is my theory....,

343: So how can me make the masses hate traditional Halo?

Gho57: WHat?

* Frank O'Connor shoots and murders Gho57 and the pro team *

343: We'll clone them and raise them as H4 supporters.

* 343  *staff agrees

343: So how do we do this?

Kevin Franklin: It's simple, we kill the batmayne....oh excuse me, was thinking about something else.

*Clears throat*

We destroy the mass appeal to old Halo. 

343: How?

Frankin: May I introduce operation "Nuke Their Childhoods". 

343: What is this?

Franklin: It's a code name for my weapon of mass destruction, "The Master Chief Collection". Imagine, Halo CE with shitty timers and a glitched version of blood gulch. PP starts. 

A match making system so broken, nerds will rage til the end of time! Consoles crashing, campaigns exploding, spending countless hours wasted in lobbies searching for a match just for it to crash or have a 1v5 in a 4v4 playlist! The masses will mock Halo forever!!

343: Interesting....How will this help us though.

Franklin: May I introduce to you, the "Call Of Duty: Galactic Warfare" beta with Halo 5 in the title....the casual sheep will never know...

dr-evil-laughing.gif

• Upvote (+1) 7

He will be there at midnight next year. Guaranteed fact.

Nope. Really have no desire to play Halo 5. H2A's multiplayer is what I was looking for in a next-gen Halo title. Seriously.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I cant even play the game now. At the main menu it says "Syncing data for the master chief collection" After a few seconds  it says "We couldnt get your save data, try again or play offline."

WTF.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This game is so unbelievably unfinished and broken. I now can't even log into MCC just keeps saying "Syncing data for Halo:MCC"...then it says "We couldnt get your lastest saved data" . I cant even log into the menu to try and play this broken game. This is seriously pathetic. Tried hard resetting xbox and been trying for 20+ mins. Anyone else have this problem?

• Downvote (-1) 1