CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Wow, Out of all the shit I've played in the past week, this is by far my worst week of gaming. MCC, GTA Online won't find sessions, Far Cry 4 is having issues with Uplay, and ACU is glitched to shit. It's shit like this that makes me want to quit buying games entirely.

Hey look problems with three titles that have a high launch population... I wouldn't say its the worst week of gaming lol, I would say that there seems to be a server load issue causing problems across multiple games that needs to be figured out on this generation of gaming.  

Reason why I am pretty calm with MCC.  It is clear that Microsoft has to either better scale their Azure infrastructure or clear any issues that developers have when using their Azure servers.  For the other developers, there needs to be a better deployment of servers at launch and then they can scale way down as time passes.

It's fricken cold out, I have nothing to do for the rest of the day. THIS IS PERFECT HALO WEATHER.

Good god fix the issue already.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I just got a game on H2C, with 16 people. It is currently loading an H2A map with no vote.

Give a round of applause to 343!

WAIT WAIT WAIT, NOW WE ARE IN A CUSTOM GAME WITH 8 PEOPLE? LOL

WHAT MAP IS THIS, AWASH????????????? LOOOOOOOOOOL

Hopefully the patch is in before thanksgiving. Will still have a good amount of time off work.

Football/Thanksgiving food/Working Halo MCC=GOAT TIME

It's fricken cold out, I have nothing to do for the rest of the day. THIS IS PERFECT HALO WEATHER.

Good god fix the issue already.

Ya man, this polar vortex is brutal. Hoping it's working by this weekend.

That was quite possibly the most hilarious bug I have ever witnessed.

Tried to make a 16 game H2C game, it loaded up a H2A Map with no vote.

Kicked us all out, we had 8 people randomly in a custom, everyone has a mic and is going bananas, we all agree to start the custom.

Host picked midship and it randomly loads up awash, kicks 2 people.

I've been getting in some really fun H1 customs every night and in that limited vacuum, this game is awesome. After jumping back and forth a bunch between really good veteran lobbies, and games with less serious players looking to learn, I had an idea. 

Someone with more time on their hands should put together an H1 2v2 tourny for fun while we wait for the patch. Here's the premise:

Arguably the biggest issue with getting people into H1 is the knowledge gap. I'd argue that, for someone who already plays a lot of Halo, picking up the shooting shouldn't be too difficult. HOWEVER... Learning how to control each map, manage a rolling powerup timer, and effectively control and predict spawns for both your teammate and opponent creates a huge skill gap in 2v2 competitions. 

I'd love to see a tournament where knowledgeable H1 players are paired with noob H1 players who are interested in learning the game. Each team gets a few days to practice, with the H1 vet teaching the noob about spawns, timing weapons, etc. 

Could be fun and would be a good way to increase the player base for H1.

This is a great idea. I played 2v2s yesterday with a buddy and two great players from this board. We paired off to keep the backpacks on different teams and had some really great games. I received good coaching that made the matches way more enjoyable. Although I entered the competitive Halo scene with H2, watching H1 pros on youtube made me start to hate things about H2 (standoffs on Lockout etc). Playing with experienced people to guide me was fucking awesome.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Check out this sweet modded version of MCC I just got!

24ypefb.jpg

would not be surprised if the girl from the ring popped out and stole your soul

• Upvote (+1) 4

Wow, Out of all the shit I've played in the past week, this is by far my worst week of gaming. MCC, GTA Online won't find sessions, Far Cry 4 is having issues with Uplay, and ACU is glitched to shit. It's shit like this that makes me want to quit buying games entirely.

Yeah this is easily my last console cycle no doubts about that. MCC might be the last game I buy for my Xbone as well; they're sure as shit not getting my money for Halo 5. Good thing I have a nice library of steam games I've been neglecting.

This is a great idea. I played 2v2s yesterday with a buddy and two great players from this board. We paired off to keep the backpacks on different teams and had some really great games. I received good coaching that made the matches way more enjoyable. Although I entered the competitive Halo scene with H2, watching H1 pros on youtube made me start to hate things about H2 (standoffs on Lockout etc). Playing with experienced people to guide me was fucking awesome.

You know you can name me! :) GG's by the way. 

You are going to be beasting in no time. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

We should do it. There are a ton of knowledgeable H1 players who would be up for this, and I'm hoping a bunch of folks would love to learn H1 and play it in a competitive setting. Even a small 8 team tournament on a weekend would be a lot of fun, and a good way to kill time while we wait for MM to be fixed. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Anyone here have a scuf? How much easier has it become to double shot for you? I don't plan on buying one but I was curious.

Whenever this HCE stuff gets setup I want in

Honestly, it's a double-edged sword.  If they announced a patch with no release date, then the community would still be critical of that decision.  Unfortunately, they went the other direction and announced an early date, and most likely found a bug or two that needs to be fixed before release.

Yeah true, at this point people will always find a way to criticize them, granted they deserve a lot of it. Still a lose-lose like you said 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Your response seems to indicate that no matter what they do, their incompetance will mess this patch up.

You don't expect a delayed patch to work right, so obviously you can't expect a rushed patch to work right.

Either way, in this scenario, it won't work. So what's it to you, huh?

I am just saying that it's pretty laughable the way this whole thing is playing out, thought you were defending 343 like they were blameless is all 

You know you can name me! :) GG's by the way. 

You are going to be beasting in no time.

Lol thanks, I need to get used to the mechanics so I can have confidence. That'll come with pure play time. I felt like a cheap bastard having host but that supposedly makes the game more challenging for you guys which should = more fun. :P All the youtube games I watched helped tremendously (especially the ones with missingno's commentary) because it teaches where to go and when, two of the hardest things to figure out on your own. Anyways we'll play again soon homie.

We should do it. There are a ton of knowledgeable H1 players who would be up for this, and I'm hoping a bunch of folks would love to learn H1 and play it in a competitive setting. Even a small 8 team tournament on a weekend would be a lot of fun, and a good way to kill time while we wait for MM to be fixed.

Honestly, from all my experience in the world up till now, sharing knowledge (about everything in general) with everyone is the most important thing we can do. Skills, techniques, strats, etc are all useless if kept to yourself because they hold the game itself back from evolving. When everyone knows the same basics, new gameplay has to emerge for people to win. If everyone was as good as Ogre 2, the potential of the game would start unlocking because people would have to use their own creativity to break through the skillsets of everyone else if they want to live. Having people backpack with pros to learn H1 is essential for bringing new minds with their own creativity to bear on the current metaplay of H1. More brains working on solving problems will yield a larger variety of solutions every time if those brains possess the same information, simply due to the unique wiring of every brain. This will raise the meta.

If MCC worked we wouldn't be constantly setting new records for longest thread on beyond so....... :weback:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hey, I have not followed the Master Chief Collection launch as well as the Halo Fest livestream, does somebody know where I can read/watch what I have missed?

Also, did anything special happen?

Thank you in advance.

http://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/2m3eef/formattedupdated_buglist_with_suggested/

So how long do you think it will take for them to fix all of this shit? This update that's coming out might fix a few of the biggest ones if we'rel ucky, but there's still a ton of others that stop tons of people from even bothering to play.

The scary prospect here is that many of these items may never be resolved. In any product development cycle, you have something known as the "MVP" - Minimum Viable Product, aka what is the bare minimum level we need to meet in order to release the product and capitalize on the revenue. 

I have no doubt 343 will pick up and fix a majority, if not all, of the biggest issues with the game, but I'm not sure if they'll determine it's worth their budget and resources to push out additional fixes for low/medium bugs and quality-of-life improvements with Halo 5 on the way. The number of issues plaguing the game has almost definitely had a severe impact on their budget, so it will be interesting to see if the brass at 343 (or even MS) determine it necessary to continue to spend money in order to fix some of this stuff once they determine they've hit their MVP. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

Hey, I have not followed the Master Chief Collection launch as well as the Halo Fest livestream, does somebody know where I can read/watch what I have missed?

Also, did anything special happen?

Thank you in advance.

Come back in a week or so before you see what's happened and then pretend there wasn't such thing as a launch.