CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I assumed he was since he was talking about skill gap but eh

Yes I do agree with what you say. I enjoy LANing/playing h2 or h1, personally I like playing H2 more with my cousins because the skill between players is closer so more fun games for me. In H1 when we LAN I get like 30+ kills in a 2v2 which gets boring 

Both games are fun and I like playing BTB, 4v4, FFAs, etc on either

I gotta read his post to be honest. That's why I never try to get too caught up on people saying Halo 2 > CE because I never know what their motive is.

I can play CE 2v2s on the competitive maps longer than I can play 4v4 map/gametypes even though theres more of a variety there. I enjoy it way more and it doesn't get old to me. However, ALL of Halo 2's games you mentioned, plus superboucning and social customs just made the overall experience a better one.

H2 > H1 > H3 > H2A > H4 > Reach

H3 had several unique maps, a wider skill gap than H2A (albeit considerably lower than H2). Most quality players can 4 shot in H2A. Most quality players can snipe in H2A. The engine feels too much like the past 2 Halos, Reach and H4, which too me don't feel like native Halo.

are you high

You're legit saying you'll take H3's BR over H2A's BR? It's meaningless sandbox in relation to the utility weapon? Weapons are balanced much more nicely in H2A.

You'll take Infinity Slayer over bloom?

You'll take H2's aim assist over H1?

lol brb getting assured kill with noob combos in h2

• Upvote (+1) 3

In multiplayer menu, go to Halo 2 Classic custom games lobby. Don't start a custom game, go back to matchmaking and look for playlist. It works most of the time.

My_Great_Capture_Screen_Shot_2014_11_17_

Games I found today a few minutes ago. H2A, HCS, BTB.

I'd definitely start by making sure your NAT is open. My friend's was "moderate" and he was having way more trouble than me.

inb4 naysayers that believe NAT has no effect on games played on dedicated servers: I'm confident that an NAT that isn't "open" negatively impacts matchmaking and session-joining (in the roster). My reasoning comes from an entire weekend of troubleshooting and headaches :/

Word, well I'm down to do this with you. The scheduling is confusing a bit though, it starts on Thanksgiving and we have 3 days to play in the first round, right? I doubt I could do it on Thanksgiving, and if this is the case I'm def in and you can sign up.

Im waiting until tomorrow to sign up so I can make sure i wanna pay $10 for it. Im about to run some derelict ffas if you're down

link? I'd be interested

http://www.thehaloforum.com/halo-discussion/418499-thf-halo-ce-cf-charity-tournament-announcement-5-more-teams.html
  • Upvote (+1) 1

This whole thing is going to drive me to alcoholism.

I played Destiny last night.

I'm so sorry.

Im waiting until tomorrow to sign up so I can make sure i wanna pay $10 for it. Im about to run some derelict ffas if you're down

http://www.thehaloforum.com/halo-discussion/418499-thf-halo-ce-cf-charity-tournament-announcement-5-more-teams.html

Add me: xSociety

Playing those 4v4s with @@Yoseph and crew last weekend was the most fun I've had with Halo in a long time. I got a double on Dammy with two snipe headshots and then Yoseph crouched under my last shot for the triple. Damn you Yoseph!

look at it like this, if people are aware that 5 people are playing team snipers(hypothetically speaking) would you want to play in the playlist? most people probably wouldn't, they would go to a playlist that has a bigger population. if there are no population counters then there would be an even spread of players across playlists, or I'm assuming thats their reason.

I just want the population numbers so I can decide whether to spend the money to play Halo again or not.  I'm not going to buy a whole new console if the game is going to do exactly what H4 did when the population dropped.  So many lagging issues, match of mixed skill levels, and long loading times.  If the match making system was replaced with a server browser, I wouldn't mind a small population because no matter what I'll find a game quickly and not waste my life waiting.

Was he talking about skill gap or fun?

Skill gap.

Teapot's probably right when he says that h2c translated over to MCC better than h1 (in the game's current state). Can't say for sure though since I don't even own an xbox one.

I just beat Halo 2 on Legendary.... With the Scarab Skull.

I'm going to go at it legitimately on LASO, since the playlist is already a larger challenge to tackle.

Skill gap.

Teapot's probably right when he says that h2c translated over to MCC better than h1 (in the game's current state). Can't say for sure though since I don't even own an xbox one.

IMO, Halo CE even in it's current state in MCC is more skillful that the better port over of Halo 2. Halo 2 is still fun and more skillful that all the other games in the collection though. But CE still takes more skill and knowledge of how to play it than H2.

There are plenty of people complaining about the shots not registering in CE but if you ever played XBC back in the day, you know it could be way worse.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I just beat Halo 2 on Legendary.... With the Scarab Skull.

I'm going to go at it legitimately on LASO, since the playlist is already a larger challenge to tackle.

Do you get the achievement for this?

Do you get the achievement for this?

Actually I've gotten achievements for beating some levels on Legendary with the skull, some not, apparently, but I guess with as many bugs as this game has I can't give a 100% consensus on what I "unlocked".

Man. Remember the days when you had to use your own imagination for an achievement? The legitimate ability to record your progress was there, obviously, but doing something otherwise impossible (rare glitches) made you feel like Hercules.

I mean, I like having hundreds and hundreds of traceable progress through achievements... It's so different now.

people need to calm down.. should just be thankful your gonna get to play old halo again. It sucks what happened.. oh well get over it. You could not have the game at all. 343 didnt have to make this game. but they did.

*Gets married to girl from his only relationship ever, gets cheated on by her multiple times, "hey at least I have a wife, I'm so fortunate! She didn't have to marry me but she did!"

/the logic of an unbelievably fucking stupid person

• Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Does anyone else on bumper jumper keep accidentally activating zoom when trying to melee in H1?

The bumper is temperamental enough I guess that I end up clicking in the stick as I desperately hammer the button - which then disables the melee until I zoom out again. It's a shite state of affairs.

nah, you're just a scrub-a-lub, lol. I actually have been enjoying bumper jumper in H1 a lot.

What 343 does to rectify this massive failure will show how much they really care about the community. Simply fixing the game is not enough at this point. They've broken the trust of the loyal fan base and lost a solid chunk of the casual player base. In my opinion the best way to draw them back in is with free content. I would say a free map but they most likely won't do that because of the hours it would take to make that.

I want dedis for customs and a custom game finder
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Here's how they can apologize:

Make a 1th Free DLC package.

1th nameplate

1th emblem

1th armor skin

And make Halo 5 like Halo CE :D

• Upvote (+1) 3

Dedicated servers should get rid of the huge host advantage which right now is god status in h1. Really interested in the "investments" 343 is going to be making in CE and how much they'll actually be able to improve the netcode. Right now the pistol mechanics are really off when you're not host, even on LAN.

I'm going to take this opportunity to renounce a previous statement I made about LAN in MCC being BS. My experience is limited to 1 3 man ffa (wizard honors) but the LAN is real, the pistol felt amazing, and I didn't notice any host advantage (I was off host).

I would want a full evening of competitive 2v2s before I say anything for sure but my initial impression is that CE'S LAN netcode is significantly improved. If they do a few minor patches I will be very interested in LANing the game.

It is BS that you need to have a profile (and I think you need gold too) just to LAN tho.

Just don't miss out on signing up! I plan on donating some extra for this tournament as well since it's really for a good cause. I won't be on till later but really wanna get some 4v4s going with players that actually do play CE. I've switched from H2 4v4s to HCE and it's been a lot of fun, but not really fair.

@@Yoseph Get your own partner! :P But really if you guys do wanna team that's cool with me. I'm doing it for fun idk if you are trying to practice hard for it or w/e but I don't plan on it.

IMO, Halo CE even in it's current state in MCC is more skillful that the better port over of Halo 2. Halo 2 is still fun and more skillful that all the other games in the collection though. But CE still takes more skill and knowledge of how to play it than H2.

There are plenty of people complaining about the shots not registering in CE but if you ever played XBC back in the day, you know it could be way worse.

I agree with this. Even in this state CE is the one that takes by far the most skill. I think that the port is so bad though it makes it incredibly difficult to show the depth. The only thing I don't agree with is that XBC could be way worse... Sure it could be if I'm playing on a Colombian host. However, besides one host which was a forum member, everything else I've played has been shit. Even on a host within the same town as me. I could be completely mistaken but it feels as if my ping fluctuates a HUGE amount, more so than XBC.

The constant shield pops make it worse. The closer we get to an xbox port, the closer we get to a game that is more consistent. We're supposed to lead players, but the amount of lead seems to change quite a bit in game.

Also, we have the pistol spread which can deviate at a higher rate from the console versions. Console is minimum .2 degrees maximum .4 degrees. I think PC is .2 degrees minimum and either 2.0 degrees or 4.0 degrees maximum deviation. I don't seem to actually notice this until I'm trying to cross map someone on Hang Em.

Just don't miss out on signing up! I plan on donating some extra for this tournament as well since it's really for a good cause. I won't be on till later but really wanna get some 4v4s going with players that actually do play CE. I've switched from H2 4v4s to HCE and it's been a lot of fun, but not really fair.

Yeah im doing it for fun as well. Its for a good cause and im gonna learn about the game while doing it. The donation for players ends this friday at midnight i think.

And ill play some ce 4's later. I also got a h2a team i gotta practice with.