CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I'm really considering returning this game. No game I have ever owned in my entire life has been broken for this long, and has made me more frustrated. 

@@CyReN, I know bashing isn't allowed. But when your game is broken for 6 full days (probably going to be months until its fully fixed, lets be real here) and you've paid your full 60 + tax then 343 kind of deserves to be bashed.

I'll give it until that next "big" update that's supposed to happen next week. If its still busted I'll return it and buy it back when it's actually a functioning game.

I bought a digital copy and I got a refund yesterday by calling Xbox live.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

never mind it was H2A, but then again comparing Halo speeds is like comparing different types of snails

• Upvote (+1) 1

I did not realize seeing someones fileshare is a 12 step mission.  

> Have to be your friend

> Have to be online

> Search their fileshare

> Download whatever

Not sure why it was necessary to add restrictions/requirements in order to download from fileshares. Basically defeats the purpose of sharing your settings / maps with as many people as possible. 

Also from our end, using HCS settings or any other type of settings for tournaments is now a massive pain to do because of file shares.  This whole launch / game experience so far has been unreal to me.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Whats the point of returning a game if youre just gonna buy it back when its working? Just dont play it till it works?

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Does anyone know how the weapon timing works on H2A Slayer Pro settings? Rockets, sniper, Shotgun, Camo Etc. I know for a fact camo is on a set time after pickup (1:10). Does the timer start after you pick up rocket's, and sniper, or are they on a set timer?

Getting the speed run achievements have been pretty chill and fun for me while MM is being fixed :D

Really? It has been aggravating af for me.

Was trying to get par time on two betrayals in CE so I could get a sniper nameplate. I couldn't for the life of me find out why the enemies at the end wouldn't spawn. I needed them to spawn to get a banshee to complete the mission. Eventually was able to complete it, don't know exactly how though lol.

Whats the point of returning a game if youre just gonna buy it back when its working? Just dont play it till it works?

I'd like to have an extra 60$ for a few months

• Downvote (-1) 3

I'm really considering returning this game. No game I have ever owned in my entire life has been broken for this long, and has made me more frustrated. 

@@CyReN, I know bashing isn't allowed. But when your game is broken for 6 full days (probably going to be months until its fully fixed, lets be real here) and you've paid your full 60 + tax then 343 kind of deserves to be bashed.

I'll give it until that next "big" update that's supposed to happen next week. If its still busted I'll return it and buy it back when it's actually a functioning game.

This long???? Holy shit people this is literally day fucken 5.  It has been LESS than a week.  Are you serious...  

• Downvote (-1) 2

I'd like to have an extra 60$ for a few months

This makes no sense.

Anyone noticing slow turn in Halo 3 and H2A? I don't notice it in H1 or H2C

I do notice sensitivity is different. Play on 5 in H2a and four on H2C

Just played my first game of h2a last night.....

Holy shit does the movement suck. It's so slow and sluggish. H2a really is h3 with hitscan.

Its much better than H3. Aiming is smoother. Movement is too slow though. Needs 110 for 100% sure.

Also the beat down is finally good again in a halo game. 3 hit beat down is awesome and no two shot + melee is great. This game is better than H3 by a lot IMO.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I do notice sensitivity is different. Play on 5 in H2a and four on H2C

no it's not that, like in H3 and H2A only my Spartan turns super slow to the right. And normal to the left. I thought it was my controller but I don't have the same issues in H2C

no it's not that, like in H3 and H2A only my Spartan turns super slow to the right. And normal to the left. I thought it was my controller but I don't have the same issues in H2C

I haven't noticed then again I haven't played a ton, and when I do play I am plastered to dull the pains of MCC.

Just want to say something to everyone already trading in MCC or considering trading it in: Do not do so UNLESS you are 100% sure you will not play it again.

This isn't me defending 343 or telling you how to live your life, but just be 100% sure before you go and trade the game in. I am frustrated with this launch just like everyone else, don't get me wrong. But if you trade the game in now and a few weeks from now everyone is playing and the game is running the way it's supposed to - it's not going to help you to have to spend $60 again if you want to play the game. I would recommend putting the game to the side for right now and if the major issues aren't fixed in a few weeks then by all means return the game. 

Just my advice, take it as you will. 

• Upvote (+1) 9

Just want to say something to everyone already trading in MCC or considering trading it in: Do not do so UNLESS you are 100% sure you will not play it again.

This isn't me defending 343 or telling you how to live your life, but just be 100% sure before you go and trade the game in. I am frustrated with this launch just like everyone else, don't get me wrong. But if you trade the game in now and a few weeks from now everyone is playing and the game is running the way it's supposed to - it's not going to help you to have to spend $60 again if you want to play the game. I would recommend putting the game to the side for right now and if the major issues aren't fixed in a few weeks then by all means return the game. 

I won't do this because I have a large enough games collection anyways (more retro than modern, albeit). I don't give up on Halo so easily, though it's been testing my patience...

Anyone noticing slow turn in Halo 3 and H2A? I don't notice it in H1 or H2C

I notice in CE, my vertical up and down turning is so slow, i notice it alittle bit in H2A

Returning the game isn't going to send any messages to 343 or Microsoft. You only end up cutting into the profits of Gamestop or wherever you got it.

The correct response as a consumer is DON'T PREORDER HALO 5. I made the right call not rushing out and buying Halo 4 on the drop. The game's player pop cratered immediately. With MCC I decided if the CE port is amazing I might consider picking up an xbone but not only is it full of bugs, they didn't man up and add forge or any new features to it, they didn't even manage to work it out so that you can play CE on other game's maps. I was legitimately surprised to find out that you couldn't do stuff like play Narrows or Lockout in CE mode, I picked those 2 maps in particular because I think they would work great with the H1 weaponset. This honestly isn't even a hard thing to do, you just need to recompile an H1 BSP for collision purposes and throw the map model on top as a reskin, add some guns and you're done.

And remember if you toss the game back then you're going to just be kicking yourself down the road when you can't play and comment on Halo 5 beta. Just don't preorder the next game. You're already marked down in their books as a sale, doubly so if you bought a system just for this game. If you just bought a system purely for this game, returning the system and forcing MS to refurb it might raise some flags if people do this in massive amounts, but it's doubtful.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I'm not even gonna bother searching for games anymore hopefully by this time next week it will be fixed but for now I'm plugging in my PS4.