CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Really looking forward to the patch notes for this content update though; hopefully there are some good UI fixes.

Hoping to god they fix the overlapping menus and "Searching" thing.

Really looking forward to the patch notes for this content update though; hopefully there are some good UI fixes.

Holy shit, this guy!

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm almost sure it picks one of a few potential groups of spawns (zones) and looks at individual spawn points within that zone in a certain order of availability, using negative / positive influence (E.G. + for teammates standing in it, - for opponent in it, - for explosions, - opponent looking at the point, etc.)

Part of it is luck-based, but it's possible to influence with grenades and spawn trap someone 1v1s. It's worth testing out on split screen with a guest to get a good grasp on it. I believe the spawn point you get within a zone is always the same in 1v1s, so it is possible to spawn snipe someone granted that you don't put so much negative influence on it that it blocks it.

I really don't think it's anything new and seeing how easy it is to manipulate, it might be one of the reasons 343 opted for dynamic spawns instead of static. I did notice that you tend to almost always spawn as far as possible from where your opponent is in FFA 1v1s.

Don't quote me on any of this stuff though, I haven't looked much into it, and most of it is based on previous games and anecdotal evidence.

This had the chance of retaining population numbers of past halos and these launch issues have completely destroyed any hope of that now. Such a shame. The only chance of getting good pop numbers again will be if the game is in working order by the time the beta comes as after it ends I can imagine people staying on the MCC if it's actually working.

I don't know...guess i'm one of the few lucky one's. Once you guys start getting games consistently all your anger will go away.

Still no ranks. Less than 50% of gametypes in Halo 2 classic are BR starts. So no, 343's delivery of the MCC will still be poor.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Still no ranks. Less than 50% of gametypes in Halo 2 classic are BR starts. So no, 343's delivery of the MCC will still be poor.

You might just be unlucky bro. I have gotten quite a few matches in halo 2 classic and I've started with Br's well over half of them.

• Upvote (+1) 1

My friends are pressuring me pretty hard into picking up an x1+MCC. Should I say fuck off or fuck it?

If you dont mind waiting untill everything is fully functional then go ahead.

I think of it this way -- you now will have a visible rank clearly depicting your skill.  Even if your stats are not that great, people will know you are good if you have a high skill rank.  My Halo 3 k/d is like a 1.3 or something but I still had a 50 in MLG

basically just enjoy the game.  don't worry about stats, worry about rank (when the game is functional)

I had a 50 in MLG too...off and on. It took 600 EXP to get it going in solo with randoms, so my KD was shit too. I'm not THAT worried about it. I just don't want a shit ton of unnecessary losses and crap games off the start. 

My matchmaking update: I cannot even get the preferred screen that Frankie mentioned to enable faster gameplay. I've been away all day, so not sure if they did an update, but that screen doesn't exist for me anymore. The only screen I have now is "My Game Session." AKA --> no games for me

I had a 50 in MLG too...off and on. It took 600 EXP to get it going in solo with randoms, so my KD was shit too. I'm not THAT worried about it. I just don't want a shit ton of unnecessary losses and crap games off the start. 

My matchmaking update: I cannot even get the preferred screen that Frankie mentioned to enable faster gameplay. I've been away all day, so not sure if they did an update, but that screen doesn't exist for me anymore. The only screen I have now is "My Game Session." AKA --> no games for me

Usually only one playlist will have it for me. After a game a different one will have it, it's musical chairs of matchmaking 343 style.

Holy shit, this guy!

I was telling Ray yesterday... I got sick of lurking and decided to join in the fun :)

I was telling Ray yesterday... I got sick of lurking and decided to join in the fun :)

Glad to have you, old buddy. Where are you at these days? 

Everyone that is saying they're getting quite a few games in a row in a decent time, are you searching solo?

Glad to have you, old buddy. Where are you at these days? 

Thanks bud - I'm living a block away from The Garden and Penn Station in NYC, and I'm overseeing Internet Products at the Associated Press (just passed my two year anniversary here). 

Much love to MLG for giving me an opportunity to jump-start my career and helping me escape Michigan almost 7 years ago, haha. Crazy how much Halo has affected my life when you really connect the dots. There's no way I'd be where I am today without Halo and MLG, for sure. 

Make sure you've got me added on Live, especially for some Halo 1. Puckett and I have been running 2s and having a blast. 

You might just be unlucky bro. I have gotten quite a few matches in halo 2 classic and I've started with Br's well over half of them.

What I'm trying to say is that if you take all of the possible gametypes in the Halo 2 classic playlist you will find that 60-80% are SMG starts.

For instance, I don't believe you can play Objective gametypes with BR starts. That is awful!

Everyone that is saying they're getting quite a few games in a row in a decent time, are you searching solo?

searching solo definitely helps me

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think they were trying really hard for a release date as close to the 10 year anniversary of Halo 2 as possible, which is what it ended up being. They should've just released the game when it was working.