Sign in to follow this  
CyReN

I miss Halo

ZOMG I MISS HALO 2 SEW MAACHHH.

o wait i play 8 man unlims and 4s every day because i actually bothered to spend 15 minutes of my life setting up xbc...

why don't you all cease this shameless pity party and click this link right here: xbconnect.com

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I miss Halo to :( I look at halo 1/2/3 and then I look at h4, and i just wonder wtf went through the dev's mind.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I played for the first time just a few minuetes ago in probably close to  year.

FYI for anyone wondering it still sucks, almost as bad as I suck at the game now.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Eh, (contemptuous hand wave) aint a whole lot to miss.  Halo 4 is by far the better game, the graphics are amazing, the gameplay is smooth, the sandbox is diverse, the shot registration is good, there are lots of fun armor abilities and perks to use, there are many viable guns, etc. etc.

We have refrigerators now, no sense in missing the ice box.  

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Eh, (contemptuous hand wave) aint a whole lot to miss. Halo 4 is by far the better game, the graphics are amazing, the gameplay is smooth, the sandbox is diverse, the shot registration is good, there are lots of fun armor abilities and perks to use, there are many viable guns, etc. etc.

We have refrigerators now, no sense in missing the ice box.

We are so pleased to hear you and the other two dozen players enjoy halo 4. It is always a relief to know that there is s bright and shiny future for this franchise. Thank you for taking the time and making an effort to share your insight with us all. I guess we can close this thread as just another irrelevant rant.

ZOMG I MISS HALO 2 SEW MAACHHH.

o wait i play 8 man unlims and 4s every day because i actually bothered to spend 15 minutes of my life setting up xbc...

why don't you all cease this shameless pity party and click this link right here: xbconnect.com

I set it up and had a blast, only problem was the time difference (I'm in aus) so when I look for games in the arvo there isn't much happening, plus I'm always the first person to get kicked if the connection drops because even though I'm on 100/100 fibre the ping is still like 200.

Also is lame not having the patch or extra maps but I might buy them soon if I get sick of halo 3.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You guys dont miss halo, you miss the experiences you had with halo during whatever time period that you label as the best. Its not like with new releases they came around and collected your old halo discs and melted them. if you want to play so bad do something about it instead of making threads just so people can have an excuse to bitch about the changes bungie made to your favorite game.

I still play halo all the time and i have a blast doing it, halo didnt die when they released 2/3/reach/4 or whatever game made you stop. it died when the community quit being willing to put in the work to get some ggs in.

I have a different take on this, halo CE (or whatever your first halo game was) may have had that shock and awe factor but at the same time back when I first got into halo I was like 6 and I didn't have the intellect/wisdom I have now so I didn't fully understand nor appreciate the game(s) that I had once played, now I can see beast and beauty in things a lot better than I could before so IMO it's actually gotten better over time.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Except that I get booted from skol's XBC H2 lobby for being Australian (which is the only lobby available for H2.)

I miss Halo 2

• Upvote (+1) 1

Except that I get booted from skol's XBC H2 lobby for being Australian (which is the only lobby available for H2.)

I miss Halo 2

Shame no one in the aus scene is interested in good halo, pretty well halo 4 or die at the minute.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I set it up and had a blast, only problem was the time difference (I'm in aus) so when I look for games in the arvo there isn't much happening, plus I'm always the first person to get kicked if the connection drops because even though I'm on 100/100 fibre the ping is still like 200.

Also is lame not having the patch or extra maps but I might buy them soon if I get sick of halo 3.

yeah tbh xbc has been having connection sproblems as of late, so usually the long distance players (most of the english speaking population is US based) have been getting the short end of the stick. XBC is great though glad people are setting it up! always been a big fan of the NZ/AUS halo scene!

• Downvote (-1) 1

Shame no one in the aus scene is interested in good halo, pretty well halo 4 or die at the minute.

well u got two now.

Such a grand thread. Needs to be bumped! 

halo_combat_evolved.jpg

Make sure to neg rep anyone who talks about "cheating" as one of the great experiences though. 

If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying hard enough.

Touche.

The so called heroes and legends in history usually have cheated to become renowned. (performance enhancers, shady business tactics, etc.) Unfortunately history is written by the winners.

But it's a video game where you win money at live tournaments, not online matchmaking.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-23905-1373600837-6.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not true, some people just want to play Halo. Look at facebook.com/AUhalo a new competitive league where classic settings are being implemented into Halo 4 alike foreign classic settings like promod.

Not true, some people just want to play Halo. Look at facebook.com/AUhalo a new competitive league where classic settings are being implemented into Halo 4 alike foreign classic settings like promod.

I have seen the page and applaud what you and others are doing to get the aus halo scene out of the cemetery, but playing no sprint settings on Halo 4 is just putting lipstick on a pig; bad halo is bad halo. 

I would much rather see the aus community return to Reach v7 or even Halo 3; where the game-play actually feels like Halo (match rhythm, shooting mechanics etc), but that is only my opinion.

Touche.

The so called heroes and legends in history usually have cheated to become renowned. (performance enhancers, shady business tactics, etc.) Unfortunately history is written by the winners.

But it's a video game where you win money at live tournaments, not online matchmaking.

LOL

My point is that ranks in Halo 2 meant so much to people that they were willing to do such things just to get a higher level.  I never said that cheating was the correct thing to do or that the best players in Halo history cheated.

Except that I get booted from skol's XBC H2 lobby for being Australian (which is the only lobby available for H2.)

I miss Halo 2

what's your Tag?

XBC has been having issues as of late so i'm sorry i don't care where you live 300+ natural (unspiked) ping has to go. I was being sincere when i said i appreciated NZ/Australian halo. I've been following guys like Kurtiz for years and years i have tons of respect for players down under. I used to live in melbourne for a couple years when i was younger as well. I'd love to play with you but i don't have time for overtly large pings and i'm not going to sacrifice the connection integrity of my lobbies for myself and (usually) 6-7 other americans just so you can get a couple games in.

• Downvote (-1) 1

I'm still confused as to the purpose of this thread btw??????????

like what's the sitch here do people not know how to follow basic install instructions from xbconnect.com or are we all still caught up in having pity parties because we can't standby for our 37's in doubleteam anymore?

#inb4moarexcuses.

• Downvote (-1) 1

I'm still confused as to the purpose of this thread btw??????????

like what's the sitch here do people not know how to follow basic install instructions from xbconnect.com or are we all still caught up in having pity parties because we can't standby for our 37's in doubleteam anymore?

#inb4moarexcuses.

I think it was more of people reminiscing about the past and days Halo had good gameplay and everyone upset with these newer titles not living up to expectations. You're right in that if you want to play some good Halo its still here and able for us to do so. Many of us just want a successful sequel to the multiplayer we loved.

• Upvote (+1) 1