Sign in to follow this  
CyReN

I miss Halo

I miss it too. I don't even have a 360 anymore. I need a Halo game for the One. Spartan Assault isn't cutting it.

Still got my 360 so I can rerun all the campaigns before the next one:) Could use a multiplayer fix tho, hopefully Titanfall can hold me over.

I miss Halo sure like everyone else but in reality, Halo hasn't really been around in 3 and a half YEARS. I'm counting Halo 3 because it at least had a TINY bit of Halo magic left. However, I don't miss reach and I certainly don't miss Halo 3. HR plays alright after all the changes but the maps still suck and it just doesn't feel much like Halo. Halo 4 feels nothing like Halo at all.

Halo 2 and CE had a magic that was not relevant to age or timeframe, they were just badass games. They felt right and unless H2A happens, that feeling is not coming back for a long time. Console games have been dumbed down as much as possible to reach the biggest audience whether than retain them because theres virtually no incentive to retain players. My contention with that strategy is that it doesn't really matter, the games are still going to sell, so JUST MAKE A GOOD HALO GAME.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Jesus. I just had a flashback. Going back to the feeling when I was a little noob, waking up early saturday morning and just playing Halo all day. Not caring about win/loss, k/d, etc. Just having fun playing video games. Or back in Vanilla WoW, where the world actually felt alive and awesome to explore. Now it's like, go here, get quest, kill 10 boars, xp, repeat. Jesus, gaming was more fun back then. 

It's been about 7 or 8 years since I felt that way. Makes me sad. TItanfall was the first time in ages that I felt that feeling again. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

That video started off awesome. Then as soon as the H3 part started, it slowly went downhill. 

Aww shush it, the whole thing was awesome.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Honestly, I feel like even if H2A comes out, nothing will ever compare the experience we shared from about 2004-2008.  When we were all younger, Halo was life.  Building close friendships on XBL, as well as enemies, lasted for years.  Getting money any way you could just so you could buy a capture card and try to make montages like your favorite editors on H2F was a real grind.  Doing anything you could just to increase your rank by one level, from reading strategy guides or even trying to cheat, was a serious struggle.  Going to your first major tournament...words don't even begin to describe what that felt like for everyone.  Hitting that invisible skill wall online, and then playing endless hours of custom games with friends because it was simply fun.  Or waiting literally hours in a lobby, trying to get a good 4th to go into matchmaking.  Or how about the grand feeling of achievement when some jerk talked shit about you and then you both played 1v1 after the game and you beat him.  I could go, but honestly, nothing will ever replicate those feelings and experiences from Halo 2

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Honestly, I feel like even if H2A comes out, nothing will ever compare the experience we shared from about 2004-2008.  When we were all younger, Halo was life.  Building close friendships on XBL, as well as enemies, lasted for years.  Getting money any way you could just so you could buy a capture card and try to make montages like your favorite editors on H2F was a real grind.  Doing anything you could just to increase your rank by one level, from reading strategy guides or even trying to cheat, was a serious struggle.  Going to your first major tournament...words don't even begin to describe what that felt like for everyone.  Hitting that invisible skill wall online, and then playing endless hours of custom games with friends because it was simply fun.  Or waiting literally hours in a lobby, trying to get a good 4th to go into matchmaking.  Or how about the grand feeling of achievement when some jerk talked shit about you and then you both played 1v1 after the game and you beat him.  I could go, but honestly, nothing will ever replicate those feelings and experiences from Halo 2

This is probably true, the H2 community/original XBL community was just epic on so many levels its hard to explain. However, if H2A can revive comp Halo and get people excited to play Halo again then it would still be epic. I miss games like H2 honestly, and I dont think modern shooters like Titanfall or Destiny will be able to scratch my competitive Arena FPS fix.

• Upvote (+1) 1