Sign in to follow this  
Lord Boobington

Any good alternatives to Astro A40's with the Mixamp?

I'm wanting to get a good gaming headset for the XB1 that also work with the PC, and after finding out I can play games and listen to music from my PC/iPhone while gaming on a console using the Astro Mixamp, I'm now curious if anything else offers something similar which might be cheaper?

I am slightly worried about sinking $250 into something that I've been told can be broken out of box, and generally breaks fairly easy which is why you need an extended warranty.

I have looked at the Razer Krakens which look decent but I have no idea if they have something similar that allows dual audio or if there is a 3rd party product that offers something similar.

Mixamps are sturdy. They're simple the best mix amp out there. How much does the mix amp cost again? Isn't it like $120?

Mine finally broke after falling off my table almost everyday for over a year.

For headset, Siberia V2s are solid. $100 cheaper too.

Mixamps are sturdy. They're simple the best mix amp out there. How much does the mix amp cost again? Isn't it like $120?

Mine finally broke after falling off my table almost everyday for over a year.

For headset, Siberia V2s are solid. $100 cheaper too.

So your suggestion would be Siberia V2s + the $120 astro mixamp?

I'm starting to look for headsets with bluetooth for dual audio which should allow me to stream music from my iphone to the headset while playing games.

So your suggestion would be Siberia V2s + the $120 astro mixamp?

I'm starting to look for headsets with bluetooth for dual audio which should allow me to stream music from my iphone to the headset while playing games.

Yeah I like the V2s. The Audio part ended up breaking though. I think it's cause it was bending a lot at the jack part.

How my set up was.

With the Siberia V2s you need a splitter. 2 female to 1 male. The females need 1 audio part and 1 mic part so you can plug them into the splitter

And the splitter goes into the mix amp(obviously).

Then to hear music from my iPhone I have a male to male cord. There's an MP3 and a mic part in the back, but that's for the PC I think. Anyways, I use a male to male audio cord, plug that in the MP3 port and in my iPhone. So I have my headset hooked up for gaming and my iPhone hooked up to the astro mix amp as well.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've enjoyed my A40s quite a bit. I've had mine for 3 years now, and the only issue I have with them is that the chords are sensitive to their positioning. Really, all i'd need to do to fix it is order new ones, but I can't convince myself to pay $20 in shipping for a few chords.

I've enjoyed my A40s quite a bit. I've had mine for 3 years now, and the only issue I have with them is that the chords are sensitive to their positioning. Really, all i'd need to do to fix it is order new ones, but I can't convince myself to pay $20 in shipping for a few chords.

Better to doit now than having to wait when they're finally broken.

Better to doit now than having to wait when they're finally broken.

True, but it's not a priority for me right now. On top of that, It'd be one less distraction I have between me and schoolwork.