Jazzii Man

Players eating shots. How often do you get this?

Yesterday something truly magical happened for me. I was playing Halo 4 on my nephew's new Xbox and account, and for many hours I was pulling host during quite of lot of my games. I noticed a massively significant increase in BR 4 shots that actually worked. I noticed that my nades and melees were registering pretty much all the time, and everything was so much more smooth than I'm used to. 
Even during the games where I didn't get host, I noticed that I was experiencing the same unusual smoothness. I literally wasn't losing a single game during this period of greatness, and my KD was always awesome. 

Then after a good few hours, I stopped ever getting host and things were resembling what I was always used to. Shots weren't registering during most encounters, melees were often tanked, and everything was back to normal.

During this bad period I was playing a game where one member of the other team wasn't playing, so out of curiosity, I made a point of finding where he was, lining my BR up perfectly and seeing how many shots it would take to kill him. It consistently took above 4 shots to do so. This is not at all unusual for me, as I have to compensate for anywhere from 1 to 4 shots during the average encounter. I also have to put up with players eating sniper shots during most games where I use the sniper.

It all got me wondering, how often and how severely do you guys get players eating your shots? Is it normal for it to happen during most encounters? And what kind of BS do you often experience?

When someone's connection is better than my 100up/down, then yeah , they eat shots like a mofo.

OR 

if most players in the party is living far away from me. For example

4v4

6 players live in East Coast, where as I live in the West Coast.

Then the player in the East Coast with the best connection will pull host. 

I think  the problem is that you're still playing halo 4... Not many people left hence worse connection in matchmaking.

I play Halo Reach more often than Halo 4, and experience the exact same problems.

If a guy is afk, and you can't hit a four shot, then something is seriously wrong. That should never happen. 

I've saved the video. Is it that you think I missed?

NeneSnap_zps4d054ab4.gif

Lol I didn't mean it in such a way. I'm just not sure whether Virulent Venom is suggesting that my shot or my connection is unusually bad.

When someone's connection is better than my 100up/down, then yeah , they eat shots like a mofo.

OR 

if most players in the party is living far away from me. For example

4v4

6 players live in East Coast, where as I live in the West Coast.

Then the player in the East Coast with the best connection will pull host. 

^ Assumptions

thats how it should work...

• Upvote (+1) 2

I've saved the video. Is it that you think I missed?

I am curious to see it. Unless the host is changing or it is serious red bar (like people walking into walls bad) you should be able to 4 shot a person standing still. When people are moving, I can understand shots not registering. But if they are standing still, you may have an unusually bad connection. 

I am curious to see it. Unless the host is changing or it is serious red bar (like people walking into walls bad) you should be able to 4 shot a person standing still. When people are moving, I can understand shots not registering. But if they are standing still, you may have an unusually bad connection. 

I just tried uploading it to the file share, but I get the message: 'You must have an Xbox LIVE Gold Membership to upload files to the File Share'

My nephew's account isn't a full Xbox Gold account. Is there any way I can get around this that doesn't involve buying Gold?

If not, I do have many many videos on my Jazzii Man account that show people tanking all sorts of things, and you can clearly see the bloodshots despite their movement. I guess that's not nearly as interesting as someone taking shots while afk lol.

Edit: Venom, I'm saved. My friend who was also in the game has saved the game for me and put it in his file share, so I'm going to download it from my Jazzii Man account and upload it to my file share. I'll let you know when it's there.

I just tried uploading it to the file share, but I get the message: 'You must have an Xbox LIVE Gold Membership to upload files to the File Share'

My nephew's account isn't a full Xbox Gold account. Is there any way I can get around this that doesn't involve buying Gold?

If not, I do have many many videos on my Jazzii Man account that show people taking all sorts of things, and you can clearly see the bloodshots despite their movement.

It depends for me.  I usually play 2v2 and almost always pull host because my buddy plays at my house.  When I play 4v4 I do not seem to pull host often, and sometimes it sucks others it does not.  I also play late at night so its a toss up.

It's a never ending torture for me. No one will ever experience my suffering unless they live at the tip of the iceberg playing on DSL like me :(

If you own DSL you actually have better internet than 90 percent of the people on this planet. Quit bitching or go play a game with dedicated servers.

When I was still a child I literally cried myself to sleep at night because I would go mass negative online and pro teams wouldn't pick me up for events. Wireless DSL is an abomination. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I play Halo Reach more often than Halo 4, and experience the exact same problems.

People eat like crazy in reach its fucking sad considering its hitscan i feel like im playing h3 netcode on reach sometimes its ridiculous 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Come to Tasmania and say that Knighty Knight. You wouldn't get picked up by anyone AT ALL!. There wouldn't be any events. You would be the only person on the island to play Halo and you would be the most underrated player on the planet. All of that probably didn't make sense because 99% of people online don't even know where Tasmania is. I stand by what I said in the previous post. 3 down and .5 up at the very bottom of the world is almost unplayable for any host in the world besides Melbourne/Sydney hosts and a few other fibre Australian hosts.

Only person that would kinda know what I've had to deal with for the last 10 years is Al3o and he's only been here in Melbourne for a few months.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yesterday something truly magical happened for me. I was playing Halo 4 on my nephew's new Xbox and account, and for many hours I was pulling host during quite of lot of my games. I noticed a massively significant increase in BR 4 shots that actually worked. I noticed that my nades and melees were registering pretty much all the time, and everything was so much more smooth than I'm used to. 

Even during the games where I didn't get host, I noticed that I was experiencing the same unusual smoothness. I literally wasn't losing a single game during this period of greatness, and my KD was always awesome. 

Then after a good few hours, I stopped ever getting host and things were resembling what I was always used to. Shots weren't registering during most encounters, melees were often tanked, and everything was back to normal.

During this bad period I was playing a game where one member of the other team wasn't playing, so out of curiosity, I made a point of finding where he was, lining my BR up perfectly and seeing how many shots it would take to kill him. It consistently took above 4 shots to do so. This is not at all unusual for me, as I have to compensate for anywhere from 1 to 4 shots during the average encounter. I also have to put up with players eating sniper shots during most games where I use the sniper.

It all got me wondering, how often and how severely do you guys get players eating your shots? Is it normal for it to happen during most encounters? And what kind of BS do you often experience?

New Xbox = New host record

Clean host record = Being the biggest warrior

When i bought my SLIM XBOX i pulled host every single game i had 100/100mb 0 ping.

After i got DDoSed few times a day my host record was ruined and i did not pull anymore.

Sometimes i think i'm host banned but i'm not :/

If you own DSL you actually have better internet than 90 percent of the people on this planet. Quit bitching or go play a game with dedicated servers.

When I was still a child I literally cried myself to sleep at night because I would go mass negative online and pro teams wouldn't pick me up for events. Wireless DSL is an abomination. 

Back in the days after i runned H2 i wanted to go pro at H3 i had one of the shittiest connection ever, had the same problem.....the struggle was real to get my 50 in MLG but than i had the sickest connection ever and i runned GBs :) 

• Downvote (-1) 2

I wouldn't say I've had many cases of shots not registering in Halo 4, the few cases I did have was because of my internet connection and not with the actual game/netcode. Halo 4, in my opinion, has excellent netcode, certainly to the point where I don't see what OP is describing as something that happens too often (if at all). Then again, as stated, the lack of players will net you in lobbies with players from all over the place, so a degraded experience is to be expected.

Come to Tasmania and say that Knighty Knight. You wouldn't get picked up by anyone AT ALL!. There wouldn't be any events. You would be the only person on the island to play Halo and you would be the most underrated player on the planet. All of that probably didn't make sense because 99% of people online don't even know where Tasmania is. I stand by what I said in the previous post. 3 down and .5 up at the very bottom of the world is almost unplayable for any host in the world besides Melbourne/Sydney hosts and a few other fibre Australian hosts.

Only person that would kinda know what I've had to deal with for the last 10 years is Al3o and he's only been here in Melbourne for a few months.

I'm from Tasmania, I play Halo and I feel your pain.

I have fibre (100 up/down) and halo 3 is rough to play at the best of times, which honestly sucks because mechanics wise it is the superior title and I find it a lot more enjoyable, yet I am trapped on halo reach / 4 for matchmaking as 3's net code is that shitty and most br battles have the other players tanking shots.

So I mainly stick to doubles in Halo 4 / reach and frequently come across host warriors who gobble up shots (they know it too, which is why they challenge so often), yet it only seems to be once they are one shot as I get good hit registration whilst they are shielded.