Sign in to follow this  
Moa

Titanfall on 360/One is 20GB

UPDATE: Respawn has confirmed that the Xbox One and 360 versions of the game will be 20GBs in size. 

ySq5TSI.jpg

I guess I just don't understand how during development they didn't connect the dots that with games taking up so much space that a 500gb HDD was going to be insufficient.

Two things MS needs to do

1. Release a TB hard drive for the X1 to be sold separately and built in new consoles

2. Like Steam, have our saves saved on a cloud so we can delete games and not worry about losing progress This is already possible

If those things are done, I won't mind games being that large.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Two things MS needs to do

1. Release a TB hard drive for the X1 to be sold separately and built in new consoles

2. Like Steam, have our saves saved on a cloud so we can delete games and not worry about losing progress

If those things are done, I won't mind games being that large.

Someone correct me, but I think that is what already happens. 

When I heard both systems were coming out with a 500gb hard drive I didn't think it was that big of a deal. But then I realized the size of the games and I thought to myself "yeah I'll wait for the console with more hard drive space".

But being able to play a game while it's installing, I think solves this problem. With the PS4 you have to wait like a 1-5 minutes, X1 is like 5-10 minutes. Sure the smaller games have a smaller time for the X1, but that's the time comparisons I've noticed.

Anyways, with being able to install your games it's not that bad with the limited hard drive space since you can delete and download significantly faster than one the ps3 and 360.

How is it 40gbs on Xbox One, but a confirmed 15gbs on PC? Why are all Xbone download sizes so much larger than PS4 and PC?

How is it 40gbs on Xbox One, but a confirmed 15gbs on PC? Why are all Xbone download sizes so much larger than PS4 and PC?

t has to had vale. 

I only have 6 games installed on my HD (BF4, NBA 2k14, DR3, Ryse, KI, and Halo:SA) with about 7 apps and i'm already near the 50% point on my HD space. Sigh this is going to be the same dilemma I had with my 20gb 360 towards the end of the generation and constantly having to delete and reinstall games.

I only have 6 games installed on my HD (BF4, NBA 2k14, DR3, Ryse, KI, and Halo:SA) with about 7 apps and i'm already near the 50% point on my HD space. Sigh this is going to be the same dilemma I had with my 20gb 360 towards the end of the generation and constantly having to delete and reinstall games.

End of the generation? You are at 55% 3ish months after launch. This is a problem with both the ps4 and Xbox One. As someone mentioned above cloud storage really needs to become more accessible if they want this to work.

End of the generation? You are at 55% 3ish months after launch. This is a problem with both the ps4 and Xbox One. As someone mentioned above cloud storage really needs to become more accessible if they want this to work.

End of last generation bro. And I agree.

yeah I can't wait to see how fast ps4s can download this :kappa:

Killzone is a bigger download and like I said, at the speed it lets you play the game while installing is pretty legit. Especially since you can download the MP first and download the SP in the background or the other way around.

This is why I don't think it's a huge deal yet, but like I said X1 is a little slower so I don't know inconvenient that will be.

Can't the X1 use external Hard drives? Problem solved?

I still don’t have an X1 yet but I am definitely getting Titanfall. Would it be wise to just buy the X1 Titanfall bundle or should I just get it on 360 and bank on a cheaper model coming out before Destiny comes out?

I still don’t have an X1 yet but I am definitely getting Titanfall. Would it be wise to just buy the X1 Titanfall bundle or should I just get on on 360 and bank on a cheaper model coming out before Destiny comes out?

It's a risk. Though I wouldn't be surprised if there was a price cut for North America before the Halo game this year. At most $100, maybe $50. If you're planning to get one regardless before Halo/Destiny, then it's up to you if that possible $100/$50 price cut is worth the wait.

It's a risk. Though I wouldn't be surprised if there was a price cut for North America before the Halo game this year. It won't be more than $100 though, maybe $50. If you're planning to get one regardless before Halo/Destiny, then it's up to you if that possible $100/$50 price cut is worth the wait.

I'm more concerned that Titanfall might be trash on 360. I don't see a reason to get X1 other than Destiny and Halo, with the reasons being I won't risk Destiny being trash on 360 because I plan on playing that a ton and Halo because its not on 360

I'm more concerned that Titanfall might be trash on 360. I don't see a reason to get X1 other than Destiny and Halo, with the reasons being I won't risk Destiny being trash on 360 because I plan on playing that a ton and Halo because its not on 360

If you live in NA dont expect a price cut until holiday season at the earliest. If you really aren't that into Titanfall then yeah wait for Destiny but if your waiting for a price cut than just get it now.

Plus you already saving $60 for the game witht the Titanfall bundle might as well just get it.

If you don't want to dedicate over $509 for the game, don't. Just wait for the 360 version to come out and check it out on YouTube.

Is this game even that next gen? Even with it being made by a different dev team I expect it to be similar. It's not an über competitive game, it's made or casuals, I don't see how you court get the experience from the 360 version as you would on the X1.

Plus it'll probably be more popular on the 360 due to more people owning it on the 360.

I think anyone who owns a 360, doesn't own an X1, but wants to play Titanfall won't be missing out anything unless there's something they can't put in the game due to hardware. I don't see why the 360 couldn't so what the X1 is doing with Titanfall minus the frame rate and graphics. And IMO the graphics aren't that impressive compared to the other next gen games anyways.

tl;dr just wait till the 360 version comes out before you throw away over $500 for a game.