Sign in to follow this  
RandyROFLSTOMP

Anti Overshield Items

I like how it is in h3/hr where its custom and you can't pick it up if you've been shot.

obviously the plasma rifle, preferably halo1's.

I guess the power drain but I'd only want that back for anti-vehicles

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sentinel Beam. Such an underrated weapon.

Sidebar question. Should overshield in competitive BTB give 3 extra layers instead of 2?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sidebar question. Should overshield in competitive BTB give 3 extra layers instead of 2?

I was considering this myself. With a non decaying OS, I would give Team Doubles a 2x (single layer) OS, Team Slayer a 3x (double layer) OS, but I wasn't sure if a 4x would be too much for BTB. I mean if the map was a wide open field like Blood Gulch, and you are being simultaneously teamshot by all 8 enemies, then 4x wouldn't be a problem. Most well designed BTB maps have enough segmentation where you are usually dealing with two to three enemies at any given time, in which case 4x might be overkill. I'm curious to hear others' thoughts on this as well.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sentinel Beam. Such an underrated weapon.

its not so much underrated as it is unknown. the sentinel beam does wreck. os should give 3x shields in all playlists imo

Fragmentation Grenades

Vehicles that can actually be destroyed throws a wrench into that equation. Frags that can strip an entire OS would absolutely wreck vehicles. Should every player be given vehicle killing grenades off spawn?

Damage boost. Promotes teaming shooting, unlike OS which for the most part, promotes " you go grab OS and make an individual play please" . Damage boost didnt get its fair shake in halo four imo. Like with damage boost you have to worry about keeping that guy alive, bc he can put out more damage/time than anyone else on the map right now. Les your team get map control, etc etc

That's the way I see it working anyway, never really used it in a competitive game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Vehicles that can actually be destroyed throws a wrench into that equation. Frags that can strip an entire OS would absolutely wreck vehicles. Should every player be given vehicle killing grenades off spawn?

If we're going to have difficult grenades, and weapons that do pitiful damage to vehicles, then sure.

But I never said it would strip an entire OS. The grenades in CE only took away about a layer and 3 quarters of the next.

Would Damage Boost work in CE?

Everything already kills so fast. It would be redundant.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Everything already kills so fast. It would be redundant.

That's pretty much my thoughts on Damage Boost. The weapons should kill fast enough that it is unnecessary and overpowered.

Is that really an Anti OS weapon then?

It can be used to quickly and efficiently drain the shields of a player with an Overshield.

Why does a powerup need a hard counter?

• Upvote (+1) 3

If there was an Anti-OS melee/CQC weapon, how would it function?

What unique properties would it have?

Could a close quarters melee weapon with 50% shield vampirism work? That is to say 50% of the damage done to enemy shields is transferred into the user's shields.

its not so much underrated as it is unknown. the sentinel beam does wreck. os should give 3x shields in all playlists imo

Focus rifle>sentinel beam

btw can't forget that sexy pink hedgehog gun :)

• Upvote (+1) 1

If there was an Anti-OS melee/CQC weapon, how would it function?

What unique properties would it have?

Could a close quarters melee weapon with 50% shield vampirism work? That is to say 50% of the damage done to enemy shields is transferred into the user's shields.

Why does a powerup need a hard counter?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yes I heard you the first time. You do realize that you are commenting in a thread titled "Anti Overshield Items" right?

And the weapon/item doesn't have to be a "hard counter". Because plasma bolts are more effective against shields doesn't make them a "hard counter", just a more effective Anti-OS weapon.

Focus rifle>sentinel beam

btw can't forget that sexy pink hedgehog gun :)

nah the focus rifle shoots water. Also the sentinel beam has 0 spread or bloom in the short range game of halo3 which makes it even more powerful, not to mention a much faster kill time than the focus rifle

• Upvote (+1) 1

nah the focus rifle shoots water. Also the sentinel beam has 0 spread or bloom in the short range game of halo3 which makes it even more powerful

The focus rifle was basically a blend of the sentinel beam and beam rifle in one, which was good at not only cutting down the sandbox a little but it also got rid of those jackal sniper A-holes.

It's a more versatile version of the sentinel beam and IMO is superior to the SB & BR in it's own right.

You don't have to agree with me but at least understand where I'm coming from.

The focus rifle was basically a blend of the sentinel beam and beam rifle in one, which was good at not only cutting down the sandbox a little but it also got rid of those jackal sniper A-holes.

It's a more versatile version of the sentinel beam and IMO is superior to the SB & BR in it's own right.

You don't have to agree with me but at least understand where I'm coming from.

I can understand the campaign part but really the kill time on the focus is terrible. if it got a 2x damage buff, then I could see it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I can understand the campaign part but really the kill time on the focus is terrible. if it got a 2x damage buff, then I could see it.

Agreed. They should've increased it's killtime somewhat and increased the clip size (or whatever the covenant equivalent to clips are) as to make it more viable, but still that design was solid.

If the Focus Rifle were more powerful, the scope would have to go.  It'd be too easy to use.  But it'd be sick to melt somebody with blue reticule from across the map while they're on the run.