Magma

Forged by The Fated Fire

2-4 Players

Energy bridges, switches, and burning hot liquids.

ipodWpIqVGNm5.jpg

iHVIhyvYBo9Lm.jpg

i3dc8ikoWKMBe.jpg

i0XwPV3HRlNbR.jpg

iJpLaHlD6gprG.jpg

ibiuH1ahDJV3n6.jpg

ibhAVGQo5EnQii.jpg

iJvJAtFDvDcQr.jpg

ibhnKY4EiFTHFT.jpg

ibvBpEF3qWxFOJ.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 5

Goodness!!!

Fated glad to see you still getting your forge on.  How on earth do those light bridges work?

Those light bridges are actually 3x3 blocks. They have a gametype label on them that turns then into a hill-type thing.

Can you walk on the energy bridge?

Do you have a prototype on your Fs?

Yes. But you can shoot through them and throw nades through them.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Those light bridges are actually 3x3 blocks. They have a gametype label on them that turns then into a hill-type thing.

Yes. But you can shoot through them and throw nades through them.

Forging energy bridges is a little bit more complicated than that. Standard forge pieces are used to create the bridge geometry. These objects can then be set to "OBJECT_HIDE" and "SHOW_BOUNDARY" within the game type labels. This hides the object in game while retaining the physical geometry. Hills from the objectives category can then be placed and shaped to the geometry of the hidden pieces, with the hill set to "SHOW_BOUNDARY" within the game type labels. This label enables the hill to be visible in game, and this same label can be used on kill volumes to make lava in the same way I have on this level. 

Regarding how players and projectiles interact with the hidden geometry, players can walk on the energy bridge but projectiles like bullets and grenades pass right through. If I understood this correctly, this is because player interaction with geometry is separate from projectile/hitbox interaction with geometry within the game code.

• Upvote (+1) 3

players can walk on the energy bridge but projectiles like bullets and grenades pass right through.

That is so fucking cool.

Forging energy bridges is a little bit more complicated than that. Standard forge pieces are used to create the bridge geometry. These objects can then be set to "OBJECT_HIDE" and "SHOW_BOUNDARY" within the game type labels. This hides the object in game while retaining the physical geometry. Hills from the objectives category can then be placed and shaped to the geometry of the hidden pieces, with the hill set to "SHOW_BOUNDARY" within the game type labels. This label enables the hill to be visible in game, and this same label can be used on kill volumes to make lava in the same way I have on this level. 

Regarding how players and projectiles interact with the hidden geometry, players can walk on the energy bridge but projectiles like bullets and grenades pass right through. If I understood this correctly, this is because player interaction with geometry is separate from projectile/hitbox interaction with geometry within the game code.

Is this something you came up with?  It's fucking brilliant regardless, it's just nice to see forgers still pushing the boundaries of what forge can do.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is this something you came up with?  It's fucking brilliant regardless, it's just nice to see forgers still pushing the boundaries of what forge can do.

It's a mod.

• Upvote (+1) 1