Sign in to follow this  
Velo

Plan if the next Halo is as bad as the last?

If the first game play videos released tell me the game will be awful, and it most likely will be because I seriously can not imagine 343 making anything that doesn't resemble Halo 4/CoD, then I am done with the Halo franchise and will put the money I would of spent into something else. Lately I have just stuck to playing RPG's, atleast they attempt to be different, every FPS these days is designed with the same mechanics and features in mind and that's just a disappointment.

With Halo 5, it is best to wait till the game has been released a month or more just to get a idea and some feedback from people playing to see if the game is even worth buying.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Your posting style completely contradicts itself at every level. You belittle those who enjoyed their experiences playing the original Halo trilogy, the games that created the very foundations of this community, yet you offer no other input of note at all.

Sorry my style makes you upset, but not really. I am not belittling anyone. The fact that you feel belittled by it proves my point. What input to you want me to add? 343 don't make another trash game? There I did it.

You deride those on this forum that offer optimism because they love this franchise, yet you still post here as part that very community.

Optimism is for the naive. Open your eyes and see that there is a ton of really solid franchises that are worth playing. Stop living on a prayer that Halo will be back, it is pathetic.

What point are you trying to make here? You think people who enjoyed the original trilogy are nothing more than circle-jerking nostalgia-goggling wearing fools? Are you somehow better than the community because of your blind arrogance and negativity?

I didn't have a point. I got attacked for posting what I think will happen. Based on the fact that the last two titles were ass, and I am describing the people that exist to day I would venture to say I am correct. I am not being negative I am being realistic, there is a difference. Also blind arrogance? Wait you are kidding right? #weback please spare me.

Why the fuck do you even post here?

Is there a rule that says I have to be a blind sheep? 

Optimism is for the willing. I already bought an Xbox One because I enjoy playing games like Assassins Creed Black Flag, Forza and Battlefield 4 so I'm all kool. 

Optimism is for the willing. I already bought an Xbox One because I enjoy playing games like Assassins Creed Black Flag, Forza and Battlefield 4 so I'm all kool. 

So games that run on the PS4 better(AC4 BF4), and a game that is worse then the last and is "next gen" (Forza)?

• Downvote (-1) 3

Regardless of what Halo is next if it sucks ass (Halo 5 being Halo 5 or H2A with no MP) I'm selling my Xbox One and I'm giving up.

So games that run on the PS4 better(AC4 BF4), and a game that is worse then the last and is "next gen" (Forza)?

The graphical difference between games on the PS4 and the Xbox One are so small where the only significant difference to me is the controller. I've been playing video games since I was 5 and have seen them evolve, the differences these days are entirely negligible. Graphics are going to mean less and less as the new generations of games come out and the quality of their gameplay will be the main focus. I've never tried the previous Forza games but I actually really enjoy racing time trial against my brother on it. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The graphical difference between games on the PS4 and the Xbox One are so small where the only significant difference to me is the controller. I've been playing video games since I was 5 and have seen them evolve, the differences these days are entirely negligible. Graphics are going to mean less and less as the new generations of games come out and the quality of their gameplay will be the main focus. I've never tried the previous Forza games but I actually really enjoy racing time trial against my brother on it. 

Really sad justification on why you spent $100 more on a system that is worse. Graphics and game play will continue until we reach photo realism. It is not just graphics but frame rate too, which does affect game.

Forza 5 has 200 cars and 14 tracks and Forza 4 (LAST GEN) had over 500 cars and 26 tracks.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 7

Not making this another console war, but there's a difference between 1080p and 720p.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I dont think its even possible, its like they got CoD fan-boys designing the game at this point. Let this be a lesson to all what happens when you repeatedly ignore the core fan-base of a storied and beloved franchise. When has building off a SPIN-OFF(Reach) ever worked? I dont understand the thought process of 343 in what they thought was going to happen if they took the franchise this direction. Halo fans were going to embrace this garbage hybrid and CoD fans were going to flock to a shit imitation of their game? They really need some new creative leader-ship in that studio that has a clue about building a Sandbox/Arena FPS and has the balls to say "Nope, this is Halo were going to carve our own path".

• Upvote (+1) 2

I will do as i have always done just Play HALO no matter what, might play less but i will still play it and try to enjoy it as much as i can.

I lasted with Reach and Halo 4 i can last with what ever Halo has to offer

I hate that Halo has gotten to the point where this thread even has to be made. It makes me sad.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Really sad justification on why you spent $100 more on a system that is worse. Graphics and game play will continue until we reach photo realism. It is not just graphics but frame rate too, which does affect game.

Forza 5 has 200 cars and 14 tracks and Forza 4 (LAST GEN) had over 500 cars and 26 tracks.

Don't forget after photo-realism it'll turn to all of the varying physics adaptations. 

Realistic crash damage in Gran Turismo and Forza.

Don't forget after photo-realism it'll turn to all of the varying physics adaptations. 

Realistic crash damage in Gran Turismo and Forza.

Physics yes. Crash damage? I am not so sure. It would be very difficult to make realistic models of cars, and be able to license the cars from the companies. If one car is showing it takes more crash damage then others, then it doesn't look good for that company. 

• Downvote (-1) 2

might go outside.....

One guy on my friends list recently said he was going to sell his Xbox and give up gaming for a real life. I guess he found the front door...

Physics yes. Crash damage? I am not so sure. It would be very difficult to make realistic models of cars, and be able to license the cars from the companies. If one car is showing it takes more crash damage then others, then it doesn't look good for that company. 

I wouldn't expect it to be that fine tuned, but you would see a considerable difference from crashes in current games. For instance, a friend and I set up a high speed collision. I was in a Corvette, and he was in a Prius both flying at each other or a long straightaway. After the hit, it looked like we'd only been going 30. I think you could potentially see more realistic damage/drawn out accidents that result in forfeiting a race. 

I guess if you wanted that, you'd get another Burnout.

/s

Nothing will change for me. Halo has been my main title in a long time already. I'll continue to hang around and be apart of what ever gaming community this one moves into. I'll continue to play Halo 2 on XBC when i got the halo itch, Fighting games when i'm feeling competitive, and every other game that looks good casually because that's what ive done for 20 years.

If the next halo is H2A or H5 is on the level of Ce/2, I'll be on Halo 24/7.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If the first game play videos released tell me the game will be awful, and it most likely will be because I seriously can not imagine 343 making

anything that doesn't resemble Halo 4/CoD, then

I am done with the Halo franchise and will put

the money I would of spent into something else.

Lately I have just stuck to playing RPG's, atleast

they attempt to be different, every FPS these

days is designed with the same mechanics and

features in mind and that's just a

disappointment.

With Halo 5, it is best to wait till the game has been released a month or more just to get a

idea and some feedback from people playing to

see if the game is even worth buying.

I like RPG's because there's no lag and I don't have to worry about trash teammates, at first it felt odd but looking back I should've been into RPG's from the start.

Theoretically what would you say about halo going RPG?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'll be part of halo so long as they offer lengthy fire fights and the population is sustained at a decent level. If the fire fights reduce to drop when shot then I won't have any incentive to stay with halo.

If Halo 5 bombs, for me it will be "Good afternoon, good evening, and good night". I won't post anymore on any forum related to Halo. Xbox live will be canceled. I will keep using Netflix though. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

If Halo 5 bombs, for me it will be "Good afternoon, good evening, and good night". I won't post anymore on any forum related to Halo. Xbox live will be canceled. I will keep using Netflix though.

How will you keep using Netflix if your XBL is cancelled? Since you said " though" it makes it sound like you're referring to your Xbox.

How will you keep using Netflix if your XBL is cancelled? Since you said " though" it makes it sound like you're referring to your Xbox.

I've heard you can stream Netflix on DVD players. I'll find a way. Netflix is awesome.